• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Glenn Hoddle. Oh how we all wanted him to succeed.

You've got me thinking now. I was underwhelmed by AVB the most but also by Redknapp but was delighted to be proved wrong. Also underwhelmed by Jol, Santini, Graham, Gross and Francis too! Wasn't impressed by Ramos but thought he'd succeed. Not doing too well am I??

possibly the worst of the bunch was the one you fancied so maybe it's a good thing you're underwhelmed by MP :lol:

Poch did well tonight in his team selection, all praise to him for that. But I'm sure he's still worried about our vulnerability in defence, hope he and the team get it right v Toon.

I asked Pochettino why he sat motionless when Lamela scored his wonder goal. "I never show emotion. No, I show emotion at home & in my bed"
11:31pm - 23 Oct 14

:lol:

Poch did well tonight in his team selection, all praise to him for that. But I'm sure he's still worried about our vulnerability in defence, hope he and the team get it right v Toon.

i believe will will continue to see different combinations of players as poch tries to suss out the wheat from the chaff. my guess is that all the players are on trial in the first half of the season. we will consolidate in the second half to play a main team, by which time it will be clear which players we need to stay, sell or buy.

hence poch's 2 years to achieve something significant ... its doable considering that we have pretty good stock in our players and a lot of unlocked potential, which means its up to poch to unlock it for winning games, or to monetize it to fund other purchases.

I love the fact he wasnt happy despite us winning 5-1. He is a winner and understands we will not win anything unless we improve at the back. That's why I like this guy. Too early to say if he will be a sucess or not, but I am certainly happier than I have been for a while.

Pochettino must be one of the most boring Spurs manager ever. Really disappointed with his lack of reaction to the Lamela wonder goal. He should have atleast clapped to give some credit to Lamela. I am convinced AVB would have celebrated like mad.

Pochettino must be one of the most boring Spurs manager ever. Really disappointed with his lack of reaction to the Lamela wonder goal. He should have atleast clapped to give some credit to Lamela. I am convinced AVB would have celebrated like mad.

Personally it made me laugh more than anything but the mistakes at the back and overall passing at times were poor from the start.

I remember reading and hearing of stories from the Bill Nich era when I was younger, once Spurs beat Blackpool 4-0, all the players came into the dressing room slapping each others backs when Bill Nich stormed in failing to hide his displeasure at 'the performance'. Another was the FA Cup final against Leicester, yes he was happy to win the double but, again, he was unhappy with the performance on the day.

The lack reaction from Poch was a little disappointing but at least we have a coach who won't get ahead of himself or celebrate just for the sake of it like Ramos who admitted he had to be taught how celebrate when at Sevilla. Despite it being an emphatic 5-1 win last the warning signs were still there. Still plenty of work to do.

Would "celebrating like mad" make Poch a better manager?

As to it being a wonder goal, I should think that at least half the people in the stadium (including me) had no idea that Lamela had scored with his left foot until they saw the replays. So Poch might simply have thought that it was a routine, right footed shot from the edge of the box.

Personally, I like the fact that Poch doesn't go all Martin O'Neill on us whenever Spurs score. I far prefer a manager who retains his cool. It gives the impression of a man who is in control and always demanding more and better of his players. That can only be a good thing.

I get the whole cool calm exterior thing but ffs a smile wouldn't kill him.

Actually he's subsequently been quoted as saying it was ‘probably the best’ he’s had the pleasure of seeing from one of his players as a manager.

I get the whole cool calm exterior thing but ffs a smile wouldn't kill him.

Actually he's subsequently been quoted as saying it was ‘probably the best’ he’s had the pleasure of seeing from one of his players as a manager.

I bet he will smile plenty when we are sucessful.

Wasn't Sir Bill notoriously under enthusiastic to all of his players? I've seen interviews where players have said they always wanted his approval because it was so hard to get. I don't mind him not celebrating, he can revel in it after the game. His comments about the defence making a mistake that led to Lloris' red card are, for me at least, far more important.

I love the fact he wasnt happy despite us winning 5-1. He is a winner and understands we will not win anything unless we improve at the back. That's why I like this guy. Too early to say if he will be a sucess or not, but I am certainly happier than I have been for a while.

This. At this point in the game it was still in the balance, we did not look solid, and perhaps certain instructions/ things they had been working on in training were not working so MoPo was thinking "why the hell did you pass there and run there, I told you 100 times yesterday not to do that" and then it flew in the net.

Kane said Lamela has done it in training too, so maybe MoPo told Lamela not to showboat and just to shoot with his right foot, so he was caught in 2 minds about it.

To be honest I very rarely celebrate Spurs goals any more, because we have let the lead slip so many times during my life... seems like every time I celebrate it comes back to haunt me as Lee Bowyer or Charlie Adam or Klaus Lundekvam score from 60 yards.

Last night (the rabona) was different though, I just let out a sudden, startled moan of excitement from deep down inside me... that's how good it was.

Agreed. Was a very entertaining game, but plenty of issues to sort out. Good time to correct a few things and not get carried away.

I couldn't give a **** about that. I am convinced that most of the managers who overreact are only doing it to curry favour with the fans.

One out of three so far. three home games two home wins to go!

I am intrigued by Pochettino, I am impressed by his general behaviour but I do feel he has already made a few mistakes in his short tenure.
However more than anything I am sick of us changing our manager every 5 mins, I do believe that we will get better under him as time goes by, I hope he stays and acquires suitable players for his philosophy of playing. I just want us to get stronger and head in the right direction, I have faith in Poch to do this!

Next time perhaps he'll have a **** on the touchline and *** all over the whole squad? Seriously, what does it matter? AVB might have celebrated like mad but it would only be because it's one of those rare occasions his '1-0 to the Tottenham' tactic paid off!

Personally it made me laugh more than anything but the mistakes at the back and overall passing at times were poor from the start.

I remember reading and hearing of stories from the Bill Nich era when I was younger, once Spurs beat Blackpool 4-0, all the players came into the dressing room slapping each others backs when Bill Nich stormed in failing to hide his displeasure at 'the performance'. Another was the FA Cup final against Leicester, yes he was happy to win the double but, again, he was unhappy with the performance on the day.

The lack reaction from Poch was a little disappointing but at least we have a coach who won't get ahead of himself or celebrate just for the sake of it like Ramos who admitted he had to be taught how celebrate when at Sevilla. Despite it being an emphatic 5-1 win last the warning signs were still there. Still plenty of work to do.

First thing I said to my mate was that Bill Nick used to react like that from the stories I've read. Supposedly we won 1-04 against Everton in his first game and the first thing he did in the dressing room was give the deffence a *******ing for letting them score four. A true perfectionist, and if Poch chooses to operate in that manner we can have no complaints. \o/

I couldn't give a **** about that. I am convinced that most of the managers who overreact are only doing it to curry favour with the fans.

Oh come on, a smile, a clap, just a bit of positive emotion wouldn't have been an overreaction. Why would one man sit emotionless when everyone else is amazed and happy with what they just witnessed.

Back