• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

all wages went up in that period, contract renewals etc because of more money coming into football etc......what you have to remember is that Levy has kept the wages to turnover ratio pretty level in the whole period

Whilst it remained at a respectable level compared to our rivals the wages to turnover percentage rose considerably over this period (wages nearly double according to the previous post and im sure you realize our turnover didn't rise as much!)

And with those player he got us 2 forth place finishes, and we were a team playing good football and were hard to beat, seems a million miles away from where we are now.

The point was that he was backed, by a rise in wages, which was a natural result of the shift in transfer policy (potential v established) rather than transfer fees.

The point was that he was backed, by a rise in wages, which was a natural result of the shift in transfer policy (potential v established) rather than transfer fees.

Was the raise in wages due to us getting into the Champions League perhaps?

Yeah that would have had an effect i'd have thought, though i don't think that alone would equate to a jump from 53m to 90m. Assuming the figures are accurate

ok, since Redknapp left we still have a policy of spending only what we receive from sales. My original original point was that Liverpool managers havent had this restriction

Whilst it remained at a respectable level compared to our rivals the wages to turnover percentage rose considerably over this period (wages nearly double according to the previous post and im sure you realize our turnover didn't rise as much!)

any figures on teh considerable rise in wages to turnover ratio over the years?

'08 - 46% (turnover 114m)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/jun/03/english-premier-league-debt

'12 - 63% (turnover 144m)

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

so by the end of Redknapps time we not only spent more in actual wages we also spent a much higher percentage of our turnover on them as well - so to me that looks like he was getting backed financially by the chairman, just that he's obviously traded off the transfer kitty for higher wages.

There was a big jump in turnover and wages the season we got into the Champions League but whilst revenues have since declined by £20m (due to us dropping back into the far less lucrative Europa League) the wage bill has continued to rise.

14o99pe.jpg

epn7f4.jpg

At the start of Levy' chairmanship we spent 46% of turnover on wages, the same ratio as ManU. However, as Billy says, the ratio has steadily increased over the years and Spurs spent 65% of turnover on wages last season. The average figure for the Premier League has increased from 60% to 71% over that period.

2ildjzc.jpg

i see, thanks Billy and Steve.......I think somehow the wages had to rise in order to keep our better players for as long as possible. Also every club apart from Chelsea has a higher wage to turnover ratio in 2013 compared to 2008, so we are not the only ones who saw a rise

Spurs and Gooners with the same wages to turnover ratio

Just look at United's, unbelievable turnover those feckers

They were rubbish when I grew up in the 80s, not even on the radar

We saw a plan B from Poch today. Played deep and slowed the game down. If we had more guile in the final 3rd we could have won.

Yeah, I remember taunting the ManU fans at school back in the glory days of the 1980s... ManU just happened to become successful at exactly the right time to cash in on the newly formed Premier League and, with some astute marketing, they absolutely crushed everyone financially back during the 1990s (figures from Deloitte' first football rich list)...

15q6v49.jpg

soxunb.jpg

i knew more Ipswich fans, fecking glory hunters haha

Was watching Soccer Saturday today and Le Tiss was saying he didn't think Poch would change his philosphy for today. I'm glad he did as he showed today he isn't stubborn and won't refuse to change his tactics like some of our previous managers.

Was watching Soccer Saturday today and Le Tiss was saying he didn't think Poch would change his philosphy for today. I'm glad he did as he showed today he isn't stubborn and won't refuse to change his tactics like some of our previous managers.

Great point and for me that's one of the reasons I rate him a better coach than AVB. What is interesting about today is that it is quite different imo from where he eventually wants us to be . It was a safety first option given our recent form. Players like Kaboul and Capoue are clearly more comfortable playing this way than where we play the high line and try to win the ball higher up the pitch and stretch the play. I am still left wondering if our players have it in them to play Poch's preferred system.

one thing we tend to forget is that poch is still learning his trade. i think he knows he made a mistake in the balance of our cup vs league lineups, and while we are still fighting on all fronts, we need a stronger line up in the EPL like what we did today.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-pr...ettino-plays-down-stalling-tactics-vs-arsenal
Pochettino looked a little bemused when quizzed about Wenger's post-match criticisms of his players, as he did his best to avoid stepping into any confrontation with the Gunners boss.
"We tried to play in our way, tried to stick to our plan in the game, but, okay, this is football," said the Spurs boss. "When I analyse in this moment if we were wasting time, I think no."
Pochettinho was more forthcoming as he praised his team, who produced an encouraging performance to thwart an Arsenal side that have gotten used to victories against Spurs at Emirates Stadium in recent years.
"I think it is a good point," he added. "After the game, when we analyse it, I think Arsenal managed the ball, managed the possession.
"Our plan, as you saw on the pitch, was to be compact, to be able to receive in the defensive line and, after we recover the ball, to go forward quick to surprise Arsenal. It was an important point for us. We need to build our team."

I do like how animated Poch was yesterday. I liked the way he called Eriksen over and gave him a bit of a dressing down and it seemed to have an impact as within minutes Eriksen's quick closing down led to our goal.
I also take my hat off to him re Mason. When i saw the team i emailed a couple of mates and said it was a ridiculous decision and that it would cost us the game - to the contrary, i think his performance on Wednesday (Poch bringing him on as a sub) and then again yesterday will mean Mason suddenly becomes an option and pushes players like Bentaleb etc to be better.
After the West Brom game i was pretty down about things, but the results on wednesday and yesterday have me feeling a bit more positive about Poch. Still need a striker and need to sort out how to set up our attacking three behind the striker, but generally i am encouraged. If we'd won one of the WBA or Sunderland matches, we'd be looking pretty good.
My only concern is whether this group of players can play Poch's pressing game week-in, week-out. They seem to press/chase for 10 mins and then revert to Sherwood/AVB mode for 20 mins. Whenever we play the pressing game , we look really good.

Back