• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

i think you're being a little hasty in saying there's proof we have a poor group of players. MP has barely got his feet under the table so we don't really know what he can get out of them yet.

OK what about "growing evidence" instead :)

I'm a little bit concerned about Stambouli and Fazio being #2nd choice selections.

hopefully we're in for J Rod in Jan, I think the schneiderlin story is gone and if he keeps up what he is doing he is probably headed to Man U.

I'm a little bit concerned about Stambouli and Fazio being #2nd choice selections.

hopefully we're in for J Rod in Jan, I think the schneiderlin story is gone and if he keeps up what he is doing he is probably headed to Man U.
I don't think that Fazio and Stambouli are 2nd choice selections, I just think that they are being introduced gradually.

Maybe Poch is giving them time to settle in and learn how he wants them to play?

rubbish......Levy kept a tight control over the wages as he has done throughout ENICs time at the club.

Yeah sure, Levy kept a tight control on wages, but I think what Modric THFC is trying to say is that our 'net spend' reduced under Redknapp as Redknapp stopped the 'buy younger up and coming players and develop them' strategy and wanted us to focus on experienced players who could do a job here and now.

Therefore we might have signed some on-the-face-of-it cheap players in terms of transfer fees, but the likes of Pienaar, Adebayor, Parker, Keane, Defoe, Crouch, Gallas, Freidel etc would have been on high wages.

So it's basically like, you have a £50m budget for spending as a manager, if you sign someone for £5m transfer fee and £4.8m a year wages (as Adebayor is rumoured to be on), you might say "well he's cheap he's only £5m", but the actual cost to Spurs of THAT year's player budget is about £10m and then over the life of a 4-5 year contract you're looking at it being a £25-30m deal including the agent fees and other shinanigans that was supposed to have been agreed with City.

On the other hand, if you sign someone who is not on big wages, which Erik Lamela probably wasn't having been 21 years old and on his first contract at a club outside his native Argentina, you can spend £26m fee, but if he wants £1m a year wages over a 4 year contract again the deal is about the same as the Adebayor deal, even though its more expensive on the face of it.

Yeah sure, Levy kept a tight control on wages, but I think what Modric THFC is trying to say is that our 'net spend' reduced under Redknapp as Redknapp stopped the 'buy younger up and coming players and develop them' strategy and wanted us to focus on experienced players who could do a job here and now.

Therefore we might have signed some on-the-face-of-it cheap players in terms of transfer fees, but the likes of Pienaar, Adebayor, Parker, Keane, Defoe, Crouch, Gallas, Freidel etc would have been on high wages.

So it's basically like, you have a £50m budget for spending as a manager, if you sign someone for £5m transfer fee and £4.8m a year wages (as Adebayor is rumoured to be on), you might say "well he's cheap he's only £5m", but the actual cost to Spurs of THAT year's player budget is about £10m and then over the life of a 4-5 year contract you're looking at it being a £25-30m deal including the agent fees and other shinanigans that was supposed to have been agreed with City.

On the other hand, if you sign someone who is not on big wages, which Erik Lamela probably wasn't having been 21 years old and on his first contract at a club outside his native Argentina, you can spend £26m fee, but if he wants £1m a year wages over a 4 year contract again the deal is about the same as the Adebayor deal, even though its more expensive on the face of it.

Spurs is extremely well managed both from a buy/sell as well as wages perspective.

The club that was the example of being prudent on purchase but stupid on wages was the Scum, for years their wage bill has been way too high.

I was impressed with how calm and composed Poch must have been yesterday. A couple of bad results in a row, mediocre performance against Forest and then we go behind. I was expecting Lamela and Eriksen to be no the pitch sooner rather than later. Instead Poch calmly and confidently stuck on the two youngsters, I'm sure knowing that if it hadn't worked out he would be taking a lot of flak for that.

Well done! =D>

Calm & composed .... almost comatose in the PMI.

Could anyone make out more than one in three words? Consonants please MoPo.

I hope he does decide to go down the youth route like he did at Southampton. Sure, he had real good talent there, but it's much easier to train youth to a philosophy, and we have some damn good youth coming through.

There are signs he is still working on combinations and rotation pecking orders.
By November I would expect him to have a first 11 and 3 to 4 subs for each competition. If points are to be dropped this is the best time of the season to do it. How many top of the league at Christmas win it? How many teams make a late charge and come up on the outside by winning their last 8-10 games! Do the thinking now and finish strong.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I see a big test for Poch over the coming weeks as it looks unlikely that we will get anything from the Emirates or the Ethihad and the pressure will build

What is clear over the past few weeks is that at home, we are looking very much like we did under AVB, slow in possession, lacking pace and creativity and the inverted wingers is simply not working.... We look poor and predictable.

Poch has said the right things but now we need to see us improve the shape, system and pace. With the players we have it's a big ask but we cannot continue like this as smaller teams with frustrate us with ease and the big teams will pick us off for fun, esp at home.

People like Paulinho should not make the squad anymore - simply not good enough.

rubbish......Levy kept a tight control over the wages as he has done throughout ENICs time at the club.

*******s we turned from a club that payed relatively low wages and relatively high transfer fees for younger player to one that got in older players from the premier league on the cheap on big wages.
£53m wage bill the summer before Redknapp. £90m when he left.
We got in the likes of Gallas, Pienaar, Friedel, Parker, Saha, Nelson, Cudicini.

*******s we turned from a club that payed relatively low wages and relatively high transfer fees for younger player to one that got in older players from the premier league on the cheap on big wages.
We got in the likes of Gallas, Pienaar, Friedel, Parker, Saha, Nelson, Cudicini.
Do you know how that compared to the wage bills for the rest of the Premier League? It is possible that this was a period of steep player wage inflation and we were just keeping pace with everyone else.

I see a big test for Poch over the coming weeks as it looks unlikely that we will get anything from the Emirates or the Ethihad and the pressure will build

What is clear over the past few weeks is that at home, we are looking very much like we did under AVB, slow in possession, lacking pace and creativity and the inverted wingers is simply not working.... We look poor and predictable.

Poch has said the right things but now we need to see us improve the shape, system and pace. With the players we have it's a big ask but we cannot continue like this as smaller teams with frustrate us with ease and the big teams will pick us off for fun, esp at home.

People like Paulinho should not make the squad anymore - simply not good enough.

A big test in a far larger experiment? At this rate we will take half a season to separate the wheat from the chaff, see another more precise round of player transfers, and then begin another round of integration. Hopefully by the end of the season we look like a coherent unit with the right players poch needs fo apply his philosophy.

I think this is going to take a long time, hopefully we don't kill each other before we turn the corner.

And with those player he got us 2 forth place finishes, and we were a team playing good football and were hard to beat, seems a million miles away from where we are now.

all wages went up in that period, contract renewals etc because of more money coming into football etc......what you have to remember is that Levy has kept the wages to turnover ratio pretty level in the whole period

Back