• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

As former centre half himself surely he could predict how bad Kaboul and Fazio would be against Aguero?
What was he thinking?

As former centre half himself surely he could predict how bad Kaboul and Fazio would be against Aguero?
What was he thinking?

Kaboul has one massive mistake in him everygame. Fazio has played with and against Aguero numours times maybe he thought with his experience this could help to stop Aguero.

**** result today but what we all expected. Silver lining is clear progress again going forwards. Thought Soldado, Eriksen and Mason were all very decent. Main thing we lack going foward is some pace - hopefully Walker will help in this respect when he eventually recovers. Clearly Poch needs to sort the CBs out - getting Verts back in will help and then need to find a partner for him in Jan or the summer. We look far more of a team though than we ever did under AVB or sherwood

Kaboul has one massive mistake in him everygame. Fazio has played with and against Aguero numours times maybe he thought with his experience this could help to stop Aguero.

We also have no other damn options, really. Verts, given his experiences against City last season, was always going to be liable to sit this one out: that left Kaboul, Chiriches, Fazio and Dier as our CBs heading into this one. Dier was needed out on the right, and Chiriches still needs to think about which foot to put in front of the other when walking, never mind playing football. Who else could we play today but Kaboul and Fazio?

Lots of positives I thought today and I think we're going in the right direction.

I think we've still got a shot at top 4 because, outside the top 2, there really aren't any great teams.

I thought it was quite clever actually. Put pressure on aguero and excuses his defences mess up.
Good man management.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I thought it was quite clever actually. Put pressure on aguero and excuses his defences mess up.
Good man management.

Doesn't really work when a manager who isn't one of the top teams does it though. I mean Fergie did it to us all the time because he knew he had us in his pocket.

Btw, does anyone think there's a reason Vertonghen isn't playing all the time? Possibly his attitude or behind the scenes something is going on? It hasn't helped his case bu publicly saying he won't sign a new contract but I fail to see why anyone wouldn't spot that he's our best defender compared to the likes of Chiriches and Kaboul in a china shop.

Good man management.

Maybe not so clever if some of our previous managers had said it. So this guy must be really, you know, clever. Already.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;0tZ6AleCouk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tZ6AleCouk&list=UURv7U7I1Jx0WiJlu6VzCukg[/video]

That first comment choked me up a bit, hence putting this here again. Back to slumber.

Where the **** did four and a half damn years go? How did we end up where we are now? I suspect we all know the answers, and who's responsible, but this video deserves re-posting here regardless. This is what we are aiming for, eventually. And regardless of all the obstacles placed in his way by a myriad of people, I hope Poch will get us back the happiness that just effuses from that video, happiness that now seems bitterly misplaced and ironic. Speedbumps like the City game are what we'l have to suffer to eventually get there.

Back to you, Poch. Get us back to where we once found ourselves: on top of the world, giddy and feeling for one magical moment that anything was possible.

What was he thinking?

IMO, Kaboul and Chriches are among the worst ever defenders ever to play for Spurs. They always make stupid mistakes. Just don't understand why some people rate Kaboul. Not sure how Pochettino can make Kaboul captain. Have never been convinced of Kaboul ever since we bought him the first time. As long as Kaboul starts every match for us, we will be in trouble this season.

Frankly, just can't see us finishing in top 4 now, even if it is so early in the season. We badly lack quality and experience in almost all area of the team.

What was he thinking?

Didn't Verts get ripped apart by Aguero for the 4th? name me someone else you would have played who wouldn't have struggled against one of the top 5 strikers in the world?

Didn't Verts get ripped apart by Aguero for the 4th? name me someone else you would have played who wouldn't have struggled against one of the top 5 strikers in the world?
The only centre back at Spurs who could've contained Aguero on that form is Ledley back in his prime!

If either of the Kyles were fit enough to start then perhaps Dier could've switched to centre back but otherwise the only nimble alternative we have is the error prone Vlad whom Aguero would've no doubt punished even more than the 3 who played yesterday.

[video=youtube;0tZ6AleCouk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tZ6AleCouk&list=UURv7U7I1Jx0WiJlu6VzCukg[/video]

That first comment choked me up a bit, hence putting this here again. Back to slumber.

Where the **** did four and a half damn years go? How did we end up where we are now? I suspect we all know the answers, and who's responsible, but this video deserves re-posting here regardless. This is what we are aiming for, eventually. And regardless of all the obstacles placed in his way by a myriad of people, I hope Poch will get us back the happiness that just effuses from that video, happiness that now seems bitterly misplaced and ironic. Speedbumps like the City game are what we'l have to suffer to eventually get there.

Back to you, Poch. Get us back to where we once found ourselves: on top of the world, giddy and feeling for one magical moment that anything was possible.

The only constant here is Levy. Times have changed, it's not just back to Poch only...Baldini and Levy should watch that video too.

We stopped signing young players with potential and focused on the there and then for nearly four years (ie backed the manager) - great in the moment but now we don't have the next Bale/Modric coming through meaning we don't have any WC players to elevate us above our position. Also Chelsea and City have gone from strength to strength making the top spots seem further away than ever - 4th is still within reach, and a realistic target for the coming seasons but we need the likes of Lamela and Eriksen to kick on and step up their game a level or two

People need to look back at that period with a bit of perspective - we was a team which started to form several seasons before and the best teams in the league during this time were not at the level they are now - early Sheik owned City, Avram Grant and AVB at Chelsea, Hodgson at Liverpool ffs - Arsenal not spending 40-50mil in the window each season and more wages than Chelsea - those clubs have all got their act together at the same time, a time where we we have stalled/faltered.

Yes, shame on Levy for signing players that turned out to be world class and got poached by richer clubs.

All of our signings post-CL have shown signs or even extended periods of good form, but it just hasn't clicked for them as a team. Just look at the gooners, moaning about wasting 60 million this summer because the new players haven't made an immediate impact. It can take time for individual players to find their form, maybe parts of their game needs improving to make it in the PL. Neither of Modric and Bale performed at their peak level instantly.

We also have no other damn options, really. Verts, given his experiences against City last season, was always going to be liable to sit this one out: that left Kaboul, Chiriches, Fazio and Dier as our CBs heading into this one. Dier was needed out on the right, and Chiriches still needs to think about which foot to put in front of the other when walking, never mind playing football. Who else could we play today but Kaboul and Fazio?

??????? then we should have left Lloris on the bench too :-"

Back