• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Interesting.....source?

General football agent chit-chat.... It was widely assumed by the football community that Reknapp would be the next England manager and we would therefore have a vacancy... An assumed vacancy that a lot of managers were interested in and prepared to let their representatives tell THFC that this was the case.

General football agent chit-chat.... It was widely assumed by the football community that Reknapp would be the next England manager and we would therefore have a vacancy... An assumed vacancy that a lot of managers were interested in and prepared to let their representatives tell THFC that this was the case.

You seemed very sure in naming Rodgers as being one of those who were interested; was your source an agent?

I remember the gossip about Rodgers' interest at the time but I don't know if it was more than just gossip

when we played Swansea in the league at home that season i remember chatting with some of their fans in the Paddies club before the game and they was all of the opinion he wanted to come to Spurs - and that was not long after the England stuff come about

he was Liverpool manager while we still had Redknapp so there would have been no interview, official at least.

what i heard was that Redknapp going was not set in stone when Rodgers was offered the Liverpool job and he didn't want to potentially miss out on a good job waiting to see if ours come up.

Hmmm...so did we interview him and AVB and decide to go for AVB instead? Or did he turn us down (as he likes to portray things)?

He wasn't interviewed. He let it be known through intermediaries that he would like the job if it became available but by the time it had become available he was at Liverpool. I don't think we wanted him as much as he wanted us at that time though.

Martinez and AVB were the two final candidates.... Back then it was my opinion that we picked the wrong one. Martinez is one of the most engaging, knowledgable and likeable people that I have met in the football world. I think he would've done wonders for our club.

he was Liverpool manager while we still had Redknapp so there would have been no interview, official at least.

what i heard was that Redknapp going was not set in stone when Rodgers was offered the Liverpool job and he didn't want to potentially miss out on a good job waiting to see if ours come up.

Didn't Rodgers also claim Redknapp offered him an assistant job with England while he was still at Spurs?

With the way things have played out I actually think we may have dogded employing a Redknap mk II;

Rodgers seems openly full of himself and the way he goes on about us and how 'he turned us down as we don't give managers a chance to build' is the kind of BS many would expect from Harry himself.

No matter how it turned out I'm glad we went for AVB over Rodgers; we may as well have stuck with Redknapp if Rodgers had been prime candidate (yeah I know, hindsight is a great thing ;))

Wonder how accepting people would be of Martinez if we were in Everton's position right now? Below us in the table, leaking goals and playing the same full strength XI in Europe as well as the league.

Wonder how accepting people would be of Martinez if we were in Everton's position right now? Below us in the table, leaking goals and playing the same full strength XI in Europe as well as the league.

Indeed; he would have been chased out of Haringey by now....Wigan defending brought to a team near you....

Or of LVG playing a suicidal 3 at the back, defender joins attack system every week and throwing away a 2 goal lead to get ripped apart by leicester

With the way things have played out I actually think we may have dogded employing a Redknap mk II;

Rodgers seems openly full of himself and the way he goes on about us and how 'he turned us down as we don't give managers a chance to build' is the kind of BS many would expect from Harry himself.

No matter how it turned out I'm glad we went for AVB over Rodgers; we may as well have stuck with Redknapp if Rodgers had been prime candidate (yeah I know, hindsight is a great thing ;))

You're glad we went for an inferior manager who now manages in Russia? Strange.

Redknapp spent 40 million in his first window, mostly on players past their prime. I'd say that's a significant amount for us.

that was mostly the Berbatov cash from the previous summer window......Redknapp had to deal with the sell to buy policy, low net spend. Liverpool managers havent had this restriction as far as i can recall

That choice never happened for any manager, so it is difficult to tell. Liverpool have a far bigger wage budget than us, so that would be attractive but we had a better first team and had out performed them for several years at that point. I think that most managers would pick the club with more recent success given the choice but I cannot prove that.

him being Irish might have had some bearing as well

we definitely seem to lack characters in the dressing room, it was something that Sherwood honestly exposed and I dont know how we can change this atm

Back