• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Challenge for Poch today though was that aside from the first 11, we didn't really have any options.
He did have options. Tactics. You can tell players to break forward more or combine differently or sit deeper or grow some balls or change formation

i don't think there is anything wrong tactically, we have a few players who need to execute better

Certain Individuals are not adding that much offensively, Dembele and Eriksen are the stand outs, both can be excellent but are very off colour.
I'm sure Dembele is now slightly marginalised with Wanyama playing that area so well.
It's Groundhog Day watching Spurs now unless we play a team who attacks.
We cannot break down a 'packed defence.

Im not sure I can see much anybody can do.
We must hope Harry can help.

i don't think there is anything wrong tactically, we have a few players who need to execute better

tickle my balls with a feather, i am a big fan of Eriksen but he along with Lamela, Alli, Dembélé are not really playing well at the moment and when they all are below form we have no real pattern and do not offer much treat.

Certain Individuals are not adding that much offensively, Dembele and Eriksen are the stand outs, both can be excellent but are very off colour.
I'm sure Dembele is now slightly marginalised with Wanyama playing that area so well.
It's Groundhog Day watching Spurs now unless we play a team who attacks.
We cannot break down a 'packed defence.

Im not sure I can see much anybody can do.
We must hope Harry can help.

More creativity in central/deep midfield would help imo. Unfortunately the main option for that seems to be Winks and he doesn't seem to be ready yet as Pochettino isn't using him much. Looked decent against Liverpool, hopefully he'll step it up further as the season progresses.

One thing I was thinking about today.... And it devising get mentioned much is Poch is still learning on the job

He has less management experience in years than an average pro has in playing time and is up against far more experienced managers

It feels to me like this season he is experimenting with slightly different systems such as going 4-1-4-1 and that can only be a good thing. Every great manager is flexible IMO and he needs to develop that flexibility in his approach

Seeing Chelsea today you could see what conte has done to adapt a system to suit his players whilst I'm sure he will buy players to suit his favoured set up over time... He has quickly turned a bunch of misfits from last season into a functional unit. It may not last and I think they will struggle against good attcking sides but it's a very quick improvement

If Poch can develop that flexibility it will do us a massive favour.... My concern is after last season were ahead of where we should be possibly (daft I know) which means he won't have the scope to flex and change as we're now a know quality and actually a very good side. Maybe now with the lack of wins recently it's a chance to dabble a bit and try some new things

One thing I was thinking about today.... And it devising get mentioned much is Poch is still learning on the job

He has less management experience in years than an average pro has in playing time and is up against far more experienced managers

It feels to me like this season he is experimenting with slightly different systems such as going 4-1-4-1 and that can only be a good thing. Every great manager is flexible IMO and he needs to develop that flexibility in his approach

Seeing Chelsea today you could see what conte has done to adapt a system to suit his players whilst I'm sure he will buy players to suit his favoured set up over time... He has quickly turned a bunch of misfits from last season into a functional unit. It may not last and I think they will struggle against good attcking sides but it's a very quick improvement

If Poch can develop that flexibility it will do us a massive favour.... My concern is after last season were ahead of where we should be possibly (daft I know) which means he won't have the scope to flex and change as we're now a know quality and actually a very good side. Maybe now with the lack of wins recently it's a chance to dabble a bit and try some new things

i agree with all of that( especially the bit in bold), last season i said on here that i did not think we are/were good enough to win the Prem ( and took stick for it), i still think it is a work in progress and my thoughts are similar to last season, we are not YET good enough to win the Prem.

We are STILL a work in progress has Pooch is STILL looking for the right blend between defence and attack.

i agree with all of that( especially the bit in bold), last season i said on here that i did not think we are/were good enough to win the Prem ( and took stick for it), i still think it is a work in progress and my thoughts are similar to last season, we are not YET good enough to win the Prem.

We are STILL a work in progress has Pooch is STILL looking for the right blend between defence and attack.

Completely agree.

I would however like to see Poch be a bit more offensive minded when we are drawing games. He's taken Alli off the last two league games when the game was tied. And who was it against WBA that popped up with a late equaliser? Not sure if it's just bad substitutions or a fear of losing the game. Being unbeaten is nice but I'd rather see us win one and lose one than draw twice. Not saying you have to be gung ho but he seems a bit cautious at times.

My question is. Dont we think Poch should have sorted this by now?
My thought is our continuing poor recruitment is at the heart of this problem re the need for VJ and another up front. NOT another midfielder.

Completely agree.

I would however like to see Poch be a bit more offensive minded when we are drawing games. He's taken Alli off the last two league games when the game was tied. And who was it against WBA that popped up with a late equaliser? Not sure if it's just bad substitutions or a fear of losing the game. Being unbeaten is nice but I'd rather see us win one and lose one than draw twice. Not saying you have to be gung ho but he seems a bit cautious at times.
I don't think it is the fear of losing the game at all, after all it is an attcking player tbar ha is being replaced with. I think it is simply the fear of burn out with such a heavy fixture schedule

My question is. Dont we think Poch should have sorted this by now?
My thought is our continuing poor recruitment is at the heart of this problem re the need for VJ and another up front. NOT another midfielder.

This is his third season and the club have changed a lot in those seasons in player turnover etc. Unless you are one of the money doped clubs ( who can do more quicker) i do not think he should/could have done it quicker no. I wanted Dembélé ( Fulham) because from what i have been told by those who worked with him at Fulham he is going to the top, for whatever reason we did not get him.

I see no problem with bringing in another M/F at all, we needed to get rid of Mason and Bentaleb ( for whatever reasons) and the rest of our M/F were much of a muchness, we needed another player who could offer us more then the others and Sissoko is the type of M/F who could do that.

The only question i have is will he do so? i am willing to give him time ( unlike some who have already written him off).

Completely agree.

You have a point, however Alli has not been at his best and with young players in their second season they need to be looked after, and as Finney says burn out is a problem we have to look out for( especially with younger players).

This is his third season and the club have changed a lot in those seasons in player turnover etc. Unless you are one of the money doped clubs ( who can do more quicker) i do not think he should/could have done it quicker no. I wanted Dembélé ( Fulham) because from what i have been told by those who worked with him at Fulham he is going to the top, for whatever reason we did not get him.

I see no problem with bringing in another M/F at all, we needed to get rid of Mason and Bentaleb ( for whatever reasons) and the rest of our M/F were much of a muchness, we needed another player who could offer us more then the others and Sissoko is the type of M/F who could do that.

The only question i have is will he do so? i am willing to give him time ( unlike some who have already written him off).

I'm all for helping him with sorting his new wardrobe for his forthcoming life in China;)

You have a point, however Alli has not been at his best and with young players in their second season they need to be looked after, and as Finney says burn out is a problem we have to look out for( especially with younger players).

Agreed. But the fact is even at 20, he's one of our most important players and given how Eriksen, Lamela and now Son have dried up in terms of goals, Alli is our most likely goal threat whilst Kane is out. I'd haul him off whenever we are winning or losing heavily, but he needs to be on the pitch if the game is tied.

Agreed. But the fact is even at 20, he's one of our most important players and given how Eriksen, Lamela and now Son have dried up in terms of goals, Alli is our most likely goal threat whilst Kane is out. I'd haul him off whenever we are winning or losing heavily, but he needs to be on the pitch if the game is tied.

He by some distance our most important attacking player.
Maybe Pochettino is protecting him that little bit more because of that importance.

At the moment there is no easy decision, we have so many players who are off form ( and i include Alli in that). Lets hope that the players turn their form round and we can once again look a threat going forward.

To be honest we are not playing well but even against Leicester we were the better side and should have won. Lloris has had hardly nothing to do this season and with our defence looking solid we just need the M/F players to step up again. Its not all doom and gloom ( like some fans are trying to make it sound) but lets hope the likes of Lamela, Eriksen, Alii and Dembélé ( and others) find their form soon.

At the moment there is no easy decision, we have so many players who are off form ( and i include Alli in that). Lets hope that the players turn their form round and we can once again look a threat going forward.

To be honest we are not playing well but even against Leicester we were the better side and should have won. Lloris has had hardly nothing to do this season and with our defence looking solid we just need the M/F players to step up again. Its not all doom and gloom ( like some fans are trying to make it sound) but lets hope the likes of Lamela, Eriksen, Alii and Dembélé ( and others) find their form soon.

Does anyone think the euros have had an impact on us??

Spot on.

Back