• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

He has not given me any indication that he is looking for pasteurs new. He could have walked into that Utd job this summer or even Chelsea.

I think he believes in himself to deliver and levy seems to be backing his man. Poch even knows the current limitations of the clubs transfer policy and happily is getting in with it.

Again poch as said nothing but ambitious things like building a dynasty and make tottenham one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Until that day comes I'm having too much of a good time following us to bother about it.

He is saying all of the right things without trying to win anyone over. He doesn't do flattery, so trust him off the pitch as much you do on it.

I would be more worried about him leaving after he delivers a title.
What indications would you expect him to give that he wanted to go to a bigger club? Do you think he was giving indications at Southampton that he wanted to leave for a bigger club? No, hence why Southampton fans were so annoyed with him when he left.

As for saying he 'could have walked into the Utd job this summer' I struggle to find the logic for that. Man Utd expect almost instant success, Mourinho has a track record of delivering this at various clubs. Levy would also make it ridiculously difficult for any club regardless of size to snatch him from us, he knows what an asset he has.....

What indications would you expect him to give that he wanted to go to a bigger club? Do you think he was giving indications at Southampton that he wanted to leave for a bigger club? No, hence why Southampton fans were so annoyed with him when he left.

As for saying he 'could have walked into the Utd job this summer' I struggle to find the logic for that. Man Utd expect almost instant success, Mourinho has a track record of delivering this at various clubs. Levy would also make it ridiculously difficult for any club regardless of size to snatch him from us, he knows what an asset he has.....

I never heard poch talk about legacy or turning scbc into one of the biggest clubs. He fell out with the board.

As for walking into the man u job, I trawl forums and some of the man u fans were lead to believe that they did make inquiries about poch, and if he wanted to leave man u would have offered the money etc.

Re the part in bold about Poch leaving Southampton - that's not really comparable, because Poch announced months ahead of time that he would leave Soton if and when Cortese left. Cortese was ousted, so Poch stuck to his word.
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...pochettino-will-leave-if-nicola-cortese-quits

I agree about Utd and Chelsea - last season/this season. Next season could be different in that more clubs will undoubtedly be seeing him as a potential manager/head coach. But a) Levy would not let him go easily, and b) I don't see any reason, besides a great falling out, why Poch would want to move at this stage of his managerial career.

Why would Poch want to leave to join Utd/Chelsea/insert "bigger" club here?

We finished 3rd last season, are sitting 2nd at the moment whilst not playing the best we can, we have a new stadium being built and are one of the most financially stable clubs around. We are not reliant on foreign investors who could leave at a whim, fans who demand the title every year or players who want to pick the team. What other club could he go to that offers the positives of Spurs without encountering the negatives of clubs like Utd,City and Chelsea?

Yeah, I don't doubt plans to mitigate another late season drop-off in performance will have been high on the agenda, but isn't it remarkable how — and not for the first time — we seem to have almost stumbled over a perfect solution (with Son), after circumstances have forced us into a change. 'No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy' is a cliché, but serendipity is always big factor when it comes to determining success or failure in football, and I think what we've seen here is Pochettino passing the Napoleon Test.

You have to have signed the players in the first place to be able to use them, of course, but fortune does seem to have favoured us here in Kane's absence, as it has in the past to allow the emergence of other key players. I don't want to bash Janssen at all, but I just don't think we'd have won Sunday if he'd been the only available stand-in. Long may our 'lucky general' prosper. We already knew he was a good one.

Hardly stumbled, poch has always insisted that son could play up front.

Hardly stumbled, poch has always insisted that son could play up front.

He has, although that message was mostly being aired before we signed Janssen. I'm not convinced Son would actually have been been regarded as the preferred option before now.

Last edited:
He has, although that message was mostly being aired before we signed Janssen. I'm not convinced Son would actually have been been regarded as the preferred option before now.

That message was aired when we signed son... A long way before we signed Jansenn as in a whole season

Well, that was my point, yes.

A point I'm struggling to see. You said Poch "stumbled upon" Son playing up front yet concede that Poch had already earmarked Son as someone who could play that role. Those two points contradict each other, you can't stumble across something you already had in mind.

A point I'm struggling to see. You said Poch "stumbled upon" Son playing up front yet concede that Poch had already earmarked Son as someone who could play that role. Those two points contradict each other, you can't stumble across something you already had in mind.
Tbh I just thought that was PR guff to sate the fans. Never knew he had a performance like Sunday in his locker.

Kudos to the manager and the player.

As I'd already stated, I don't believe Pochettino actually thought Son was going to be a complete solution to any potential striking problems at that time. I know it's what he said, but I think he was begging the question. Otherwise, I don't think we would have been so keen to bring in Batshuayi or Janssen. I hope I've made myself clearer. And by the way, it was almost stumbled.

Edit: I see Pandy has made a similar point, rather more bluntly.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't doubt plans to mitigate another late season drop-off in performance will have been high on the agenda, but isn't it remarkable how — and not for the first time — we seem to have almost stumbled over a perfect solution (with Son), after circumstances have forced us into a change. 'No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy' is a cliché, but serendipity is always big factor when it comes to determining success or failure in football, and I think what we've seen here is Pochettino passing the Napoleon Test.

You have to have signed the players in the first place to be able to use them, of course, but fortune does seem to have favoured us here in Kane's absence, as it has in the past to allow the emergence of other key players. I don't want to bash Janssen at all, but I just don't think we'd have won Sunday if he'd been the only available stand-in. Long may our 'lucky general' prosper. We already knew he was a good one.

I don't see Son as a 'Kane replacement' actually. I just think when on form he offers us another goal threat that the opposition have to worry about, but not necessarily from a "no. 9 position."
Son's form is a little Sanchez-like and on form he offers similar to our team (at the moment Sanchez is more proven).
I think Poch wants us to have multiple sources of goals from our from 3/4 and i don't think he has "stumbled" on the current situation at all. Janssen is very key to us as a no.9: if/when he gets up to speed (in terms of finishing) we will REALLY be a force to reckon with going forward.

At present Son's form is allowing us to forget (a little) about Kane's absence but we shouldn't forget that Son is not a direct replacement for Kane/Janssen but another method of attack that can be used as and when.

I don't see Son as a 'Kane replacement' actually. I just think when on form he offers us another goal threat that the opposition have to worry about, but not necessarily from a "no. 9 position."
Son's form is a little Sanchez-like and on form he offers similar to our team (at the moment Sanchez is more proven).
I think Poch wants us to have multiple sources of goals from our from 3/4 and i don't think he has "stumbled" on the current situation at all. Janssen is very key to us as a no.9: if/when he gets up to speed (in terms of finishing) we will REALLY be a force to reckon with going forward.

At present Son's form is allowing us to forget (a little) about Kane's absence but we shouldn't forget that Son is not a direct replacement for Kane/Janssen but another method of attack that can be used as and when.

I don't suppose many would exactly regard him as like-for-like. I certainly don't, other than in the sense of occupying a place in the starting XI in a forward role. As far as my use of the 's' word, I think I've already offered enough explanation on that score, so I refer the honourable gentleman ..., etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3834280/Tottenham-Hotspur-s-endless-running-peppering-shots-goal-strengthening-midfield-science-Mauricio-Pochettino-turning-Spurs-title-contenders.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

• Spurs have out-run the opposition in 71 of his 83 league games in charge
  • They have taken the third most shots at goal of any team this season
  • Victor Wanyama has fitted into manager Pochettino's mould like a glove but don't tell @Gutter Boy

Im a bit giddy tonight, a bit drunk too. Perhaps its the change in the weather? Either way im optimistic and want to celebrate this glorious manager, so ive got an idea for a song.

To the tune of Sing Hosana:

He bought the beast in midfield, Vic Wanyama
To play alongside Dembele
He's the best in the land on the touchline
Thats why we all love to say...

Pochettino, Pochettino
Pochettino plays the Tottenham way
Pochettino, Pochettino
He's a yid and he's here to stay

I think it has legs. Anyone a fan?

If its only sounding good in my head, then let's never talk of this again

Im a bit giddy tonight, a bit drunk too. Perhaps its the change in the weather? Either way im optimistic and want to celebrate this glorious manager, so ive got an idea for a song.

To the tune of Sing Hosana:

He bought the beast in midfield, Vic Wanyama
To play alongside Dembele
He's the best in the land on the touchline
Thats why we all love to say...

Pochettino, Pochettino
Pochettino plays the Tottenham way
Pochettino, Pochettino
He's a yid and he's here to stay

I think it has legs. Anyone a fan?

If its only sounding good in my head, then let's never talk of this again

You might wanna get your coat mate