• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I don't know what thread to put this in, but my 10 year old son (who FINALLY came around to supporting Spurs despite my addiction and despite being a mascot when we played Seattle a couple of years ago) asked me a question the other day.

Son: Dad, who's the best team from South London?

Me: It'll have to be Crystal Palace

Son: Not Arsenal?

Classic. One more young one infected by the Love for Lillywhites.
Got your tactics spot on. Better tactician than poch?

I like the way Poch is prepared to make hard decisions about players we have bought who have not fitted his needs, often managers sign a player a keep playing them rather than admit a mistake has been made.

Barca's the one I fear. He's not old enough for international management yet

Yeah i dont think its that serious, just a point of interest. I would say you are spot on with Barca. Not sure post-Enrique or the one after that but i think they will come calling.

Was he not extremely passionate about his country as a player? wouldn't surprise me if he decided he wanted the job.

He probably will get offered it one day and i am sure he will take it, but for now i think he sees the project here and will stay and carry it on.

I hope your right. With the new stadium on the way, the young squad he's assembled and Levy sharing pretty identical philosphies to Poch I hope that he will realise that if he leaves Spurs he would have to resassmble this all over again when ever he was to return to club football.

Wouldn't blame him if he was to leave but I think he has to look at Argentina's squad and ask himself whether they have any chance of winning the next world Cup. No doubt they have some fantastic attacking players but the deffense leaves a lot to be desired.

I hope your right. With the new stadium on the way, the young squad he's assembled and Levy sharing pretty identical philosphies to Poch I hope that he will realise that if he leaves Spurs he would have to resassmble this all over again when ever he was to return to club football.

Wouldn't blame him if he was to leave but I think he has to look at Argentina's squad and ask himself whether they have any chance of winning the next world Cup. No doubt they have some fantastic attacking players but the deffense leaves a lot to be desired.

He is in a great position at the moment, he is at a club that has not really won a lot and has underachieved for many years. Now if he was able to get that club to the top table his reputation will soar and he knows that. With a chairman who is backing him, several young players who COULD go to the very top, a fantastic new stadium around the corner and the vast majority of fans behind him then he must know if he manages to take us to the top table he will be in demand everywhere.

At the moment he has not really made his name around the football world but i am sure he knows that he has a great chance of doing that with this present set up. Because of this i can not see him wanting to leave and i am sure he will stay at least for a couple of years.

I can't imagine Poch would want that role at this stage of his management career, although it must be flattering to be linked.
He has a lot to prove still and I am sure he wants to see his own methods and 'philosophy' come to fruition at club level before contemplating managing a national team, which is a very different job.
There are probably not very many clubs pushing for the top tier that are also willing to give a manager the time to build a team, including investing in youth. Assuming he gets the board level backing he needs with us, I think he will be happy to stay here for a few more years to (excusing the pun in advance) earn his spurs, before moving on to other, different, challenges.

I'm sure the Argentine job is attractive to him, the reasons I would put it in the not yet bracket for him is

- He's got CL with us this year, his first run at that.
- Poch is very driven, at Spurs early, leaves late, engaged 24/7, national management is a lot of doing nothing for months on end.

Next Spurs Manager...

Jurgen_Klinsmann_Tottenham.jpg

Back