• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Some of ours seem a little late back though, I'm sure it's all under control but we have a tough start and don't want to be under cooked!

Some of ours seem a little late back though, I'm sure it's all under control but we have a tough start and don't want to be under cooked!
although travelling all that way is hardly ideal prep, I think poch was right to leave our big hitters at hotspur way. From Monday we have roughly two weeks to prepare for everton and he can go with our starting 11 against inter in the friendly and use lots of subs. I am hoping the extended break has done our big boys some good. I think we will be more than ready while i hope they are unsettled still by the transfer sagas of Stones and Lukaku.

‘I don’t want to criticise,’ says Mauricio Pochettino, ‘but I think Harry is a top scorer, so why is he taking free-kicks or corners if his skill is to score?’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

‘I don’t want to criticise,’ says Mauricio Pochettino, ‘but I think Harry is a top scorer, so why is he taking free-kicks or corners if his skill is to score?’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Wow. Well said Poch, good on ya!

I just love his openness, his passion, his single-minded commitment to Tottenham. It all comes oozing through with every single thing he says. He doesn't care a hoot who knows about his bad temper, all he cares about is getting Tottenham sorted, getting that nasty 1-5 reverse out of the system and getting us right back on track.

Especially reassuring to learn that he sees Harry as a goalscorer first and foremost, suggesting he has not the slightest intention of moving him aside nto the no 10 role to make way for Jansson as some on here have been arguing. Kane is our goalscorer first and foremost and the young, inexperienced Dutch striker has been brought in to be his back-up. plain and simple. He's clearly one for the future, that's the way it needs to be and that's the way it is.

That Saudi Sportswashing Machine result ensured we all had a poop summer. Well the only way we can rid ourselves of the shame is to go into the new season with fire in our hearts and bellies and rip everyone who is not us a new bung hole. Poch can still go up in my estimations...I think he and this squad are good enough to win silverware this year.

Heard through a friend that Kane has already said Poch is putting them through their paces to an extreme fitness wise.

Two months later he admits that the way the campaign ended, culminating in a 5-1 defeat at relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine, ‘killed’ his summer.
‘The feeling after Saudi Sportswashing Machine was horrible,’ he explains. ‘It is true that after a couple of months you move on, but it put me in a bad mood for the whole of the summer. It killed my holidays. Seriously. I went to Barcelona and the Bahamas with my family, but all the time I was in a bad mood.
‘There was no time to assimilate the defeat at Saudi Sportswashing Machine because the season finished at the end of the game and I did not have the chance to share my feelings with my players the day after and kill them!
‘Normally when you lose and you are upset with the players you have the opportunity to tell them how you feel on Monday morning when you meet them and have a big discussion and a big fight.
‘But after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game it was not possible because many of my players went off to the Euros. So I had to keep my bad feeling inside for the whole of the summer. Even when I was texting my players in France to wish them well I had to hide my real feelings about the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game.’

I agree.

Wow. Well said Poch, good on ya!

I just love his openness, his passion, his single-minded commitment to Tottenham. It all comes oozing through with every single thing he says. He doesn't care a hoot who knows about his bad temper, all he cares about is getting Tottenham sorted, getting that nasty 1-5 reverse out of the system and getting us right back on track.

Especially reassuring to learn that he sees Harry as a goalscorer first and foremost, suggesting he has not the slightest intention of moving him aside nto the no 10 role to make way for Jansson as some on here have been arguing. Kane is our goalscorer first and foremost and the young, inexperienced Dutch striker has been brought in to be his back-up. plain and simple. He's clearly one for the future, that's the way it needs to be and that's the way it is.
That's a bit of a stretch conclusion from Poch's comments. But I agree that Kane should be played in a position that would allow him to score. 10 is one of those positions, by the way.

The way teams defend with 10 men we need good team movement with goal threats from a variety of players. Kane will still score most of them with his great technique.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I've no doubt Kane would continue scoring but almost by definition he'd score fewer because his key role would have changed.

Nor do I doubt he'd also make a great no10. Point is, here we have our most prolific striker since the 1960s yet some think it would be a good idea to take that role away from him. Well imho that would be even crazier than asking him to take corners. Unless your name is Messi or Jimmy Greaves, when you are a goalscorer you want to be a no 9. Thankfully Poch sees that even if too many on here don't.

I've no doubt Kane would continue scoring but almost by definition he'd score fewer because his key role would have changed.

Nor do I doubt he'd also make a great no10. Point is, here we have our most prolific striker since the 1960s yet some think it would be a good idea to take that role away from him. Well imho that would be even crazier than asking him to take corners. Unless your name is Messi or Jimmy Greaves, when you are a goalscorer you want to be a no 9. Thankfully Poch sees that even if too many on here don't.
Let's say we play Kane at 10 half the time and partner him with Janssen. And the rest of the time as a 9. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 30+ goals between the two of them. I'll take that.

Let's say we play Kane at 10 half the time and partner him with Janssen. And the rest of the time as a 9. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 30+ goals between the two of them. I'll take that.
Okay so only time will tell. My money is on Janssen being the support act rather than the main man for some considerable time to come.

i think we are lacking someone who can whip them in outside of the box during play like bale. causes havoc in the box. kane's reaction and technique will serve him well in those situations.

i think we are lacking someone who can whip them in outside of the box during play like bale. causes havoc in the box. kane's reaction and technique will serve him well in those situations.

Pretty much agree with this, from what i see in Kane he has the ability to come from deep ( where he will not be so tightly marked) and thus giving him the chance to hit those long range shots, i do not think we will take away his box ability but coming from deep we will add to it.

Pretty much agree with this, from what i see in Kane he has the ability to come from deep ( where he will not be so tightly marked) and thus giving him the chance to hit those long range shots, i do not think we will take away his box ability but coming from deep we will add to it.
These are low percentage shots. Even world class players are successful very infrequently. If we rely on long range shots for goals, GHod help us.

These are low percentage shots. Even world class players are successful very infrequently. If we rely on long range shots for goals, GHod help us.

Spurs has actually done quite well in recent history from shots outside box (JD/Bale/Kane, odd hits from Chadli, Eriksen, Dier, etc.). Believe a couple of years we have led the number of shots/goals from outside category.

Long range does not have to be speculative (at least not hit and hope), a team tactic where room is made for a deeper striker or midfield runner to hit a shot through players in box is quite effective (how many have Lampard/Gerrard scored that way?).

Poch's Spurs definitely at its best has someone from midfield often run beyond Kane (usually Alli) that naturally creates more spaces for either other runs, or room/time for a better shot.

Back