• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Argentinian FA are interested in Loch being their next manager.

I'm interested in Isla Fischer being my next girlfriend, doesn't mean its going to happen.

The press will be hoping next season the status quo 'top 4' will be back to how they want it, as such they will try to undermine us at any given opportunity.

Plus, Bielsa is taking the job.

Not happening. Move on.

In all seriousness I'm sure the job is tempting, of course it is, manage your national team, to many that's the ultimate goal. The pinnacle if you will and I'm certain he will manage the national team, just not for a while. He will have moved on to one of European elites and won the CL before he takes up the national mantle.

As i posted earlier i am not surprised to hear that, its too early and he has a job to finish here. I am sure that if he continues the way his path has gone so far he will get the job one day.

Poch:
‘A lot of positive things we need to take from last season,’ he added. ‘Maybe we must compete better during the same period. We are very young. The good thing is we have more experience and we can add two players that improve our squad and I think we will be stronger.’

My sense with Pritchard is that he has sought certain assurances from Poch regarding his involvement with the first team. Understandable given his obvious talent and time lost through injury. Poch for his part, again understandably, has perhaps found himself unable to provide those assurances. A reluctant parting of the ways is therefore probably best for all involved. It's certainly a shame though.

Bentaleb is altogether a more puzzling one. I can only assume that there's something to the whole behind the scenes rumours. Something's clearly gone on there.

Personally I think this is excellent news, at least Ball and CCV are in with a chance of playing this season even if it is just the league cup.

"Jan Vertonghen is in London but he is training very well now. He's very close to coming back. Wimmer, Alderweireld and Eric Dier and Victor Wanyama can play centre-back. And then young players like CCV [Carter-Vickers] and Ball. We have enough players in that position," Pochettino said.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/tottenham-h...s-signings-but-happy-with-centre-back-options

And if they do not pan out we have Dier and Wanyama as emergency center backs. I am sure Poch will review the situation in January

The one thing I am not going to do is write either of them off after a couple of mistakes in a pre season friendly

After the Atletico game:

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino pointed to the inexperience of his line-up and insisted he saw plenty to be pleased about. “Their goalkeeper was man of the match which says a lot,” he said. “We finished the game with nine players who have come through the academy – great. “It was a fantastic performance and a great experience for us. I am very happy with this young team.”

This I like

How ready will we be for game #1.

Was thinking this too. But all top teams this year will have international players joining pre-season late (Euros and Olympics). While some clubs have new managers and a number of key new signings. So to answer your question: we should be more ready than a number of other teams.

Back