• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

joe-lewis-daniel-levy.jpeg

article-2524809-1A207E1200000578-409_634x436.jpg

Spot on - the best chairman in the league - good call!

IIRC you had one of the loudest screams when Poch rotated his squad for the capital one cup game last month.

A trophy we could have won was my complaint, but I can see progress and I am happy to give Poch the time to finish the job. Unlike some who want it this week.

Agree with you re Rose, to me it's a good reflection on our setup.

Also agree re the negativity, to me, that was exactly the type of game two years ago we would have lost, when you add the loss of Dier, Mason, Bentaleb, & Chadli 11 minutes into game, actually a totally acceptable result, with a slightly better performance than the point gained.

Indeed, our injuries are piling up. Clinton will doubtless get a chance now, but we could really do with a fit Mason at least...Dier will be back so that's good....Got to say, I think Kane has once again suffered some poor luck. That second shot he had in the 85th minute was nailed on, still soured it was saved. First chance in the first half was a good save but Harry of last season rolls that in or even lifts it over the keeper. I think we were worth the three points.

A trophy we could have won was my complaint, but I can see progress and I am happy to give Poch the time to finish the job. Unlike some who want it this week.
You had your reasons and you are entitled to them. I didn't agree with them and I thought you and others were being very unfair to Poch at the time. But as I said you were entitled to your views as is anyone who wants to say their piece about Spurs, and they should not be ridiculed for it.

What pessimism and Who is talking about winning the league today?

I am just saying we should have beaten a poor and depleted liverpool with a 3 day new coach.

What pessimism and Who is talking about winning the league today?

I am just saying we should have beaten a poor and depleted liverpool with a 3 day new coach.

The poor side that was 1 point behind us, has spent 2X what we have in players and wages, has no more injuries than us? and a new coach is not a handicap .. dead cat bounce and all that ...

The poor side that was 1 point behind us, has spent 2X what we have in players and wages, has no more injuries than us? and a new coach is not a handicap .. dead cat bounce and all that ...

I'm with Raz. Liverpool are not as poor as has been made out and playing for a new manager brought more energy to that Liverpool side than they have shown for months.

Although I would have taken a draw in the beginning, allowing for all the 'second coming' hysteria at WHL on saturday. I was a little disappointed in the ends with a draw. We should have won that game, after the initial cocaine fueled "run about a bit" from the Kloppies in the first 20 minutes, we then controlled the game (again) and should have taken 3 points.

Spot on - the best chairman in the league - good call!

maybe so, but lets see how patient Uncle Joe, Danny boy and the rest of the Tottenham clan are with Poch .................fans dont hire managers, fans dont sack managers

maybe so, but lets see how patient Uncle Joe, Danny boy and the rest of the Tottenham clan are with Poch .................fans dont hire managers, fans dont sack managers

I'm getting bored of making this point but I cannot think of a manager that Levy has turned on before the fans.

With regards to the current manager. Everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction and results are good. I would expect Poch to stay around until that changes or he is offered a bigger job.

I'm getting bored of making this point but I cannot think of a manager that Levy has turned on before the fans.

With regards to the current manager. Everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction and results are good. I would expect Poch to stay around until that changes or he is offered a bigger job.

well the test of patience from a chairman (not just Levy) is sticking with a manager when results are not good.

I beg to differ. They may not actually pull the trigger but they load and target the gun!

As Brendan Rodgers will testify

the fans didnt get on Rodgers's back as much as they could have. There were no protests, no singing of "we want Rodgers out", no heavy booing. The Liverpool board simply took the opportunity on offer to hire one of the most highly rated coaches/managers in the game today, who by luck was also a free agent !! Many fans actually believe that the board were waiting since the end of last season for the smallest reason to replace Rodgers with Klopp.

well the test of patience from a chairman (not just Levy) is sticking with a manager when results are not good.

Indeed but it appears that everyone is on the same page. I don't see Poch leaving unless things go seriously wrong (in which case the fans will have been calling for his head months before Levy would pull the trigger) or he gets poached by a bigger club.

I do not recall the fans turning in any great number against Martin Jol. However, it is undeniable that you could make a good case for sacking everyone of the managers even Martin Jol. There is no such case at the moment against Poch and I don't believe the board sack managers just because they have fallen out of favour . Tbf there are other chairman who have shown themselves to be far more ruthless with their managers than Levy. The ones that spring to mind, Saudi Sportswashing Machine with Hughton and Allardyce, West Brom- Di Matteo and Steve Clarke, Southampton Nigel Adkins, Chelsea -numerous.

Seriously @indianspur - things are the most harmonious at Spurs I can remember them being. It feels sometimes that you would visit a new born baby and remind everyone there that we will all die one day.

hahahaha thats funny, Nice one

Back