• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

the fans didnt get on Rodgers's back as much as they could have. There were no protests, no singing of "we want Rodgers out", no heavy booing. The Liverpool board simply took the opportunity on offer to hire one of the most highly rated coaches/managers in the game today, who by luck was also a free agent !! Many fans actually believe that the board were waiting since the end of last season for the smallest reason to replace Rodgers with Klopp.

#RodgersOut was trending on Twitter after every Liverpool game towards the end. And boos ringing out around the stadium were just as common...

the fans didnt get on Rodgers's back as much as they could have. There were no protests, no singing of "we want Rodgers out", no heavy booing. The Liverpool board simply took the opportunity on offer to hire one of the most highly rated coaches/managers in the game today, who by luck was also a free agent !! Many fans actually believe that the board were waiting since the end of last season for the smallest reason to replace Rodgers with Klopp.

I think there is a fine line between assuming the fans influenced the decision, or the club/board waited for a moment where the firing would not be too unpopular with fans.

And that is where I give Levy credit with Redknapp vs. how Pool handled Rodgers, its probably a reasonable assumption now that the board knew in summer that Rodgers was going, have balls, replace, instead they gave him money, wait 8 games and in my opinion probably only moved for Klopp because they were scared Jose got the sack and then no one would be looking in their direction.

... back on thread, I honestly think Poch's mandate is very different than that of Redknapp in his last season or AVB, hence I don't see Levy being trigger happy.

I think we are in the situation now that we were in near the end of AVB's first season, everything is going swimmingly, progress is obvious, the future has promise

lets hope things don't go south as quickly as they did back then

I think we are in the situation now that we were in near the end of AVB's first season, everything is going swimmingly, progress is obvious, the future has promise

If we start getting spanked 6-0 by City and 5-0 at home to Liverpool, with no sign that Pochettino knows how to fix the problems, then I will be totally behind his sacking.

At the moment we are the hardest team to beat in the league, and at full-strength are a force to be reckoned with.

If we start getting spanked 6-0 by City and 5-0 at home to Liverpool, with no sign that Pochettino knows how to fix the problems, then I will be totally behind his sacking.

At the moment we are the hardest team to beat in the league, and at full-strength are a force to be reckoned with.

That may be Poch's and the club's biggest challenge this season ...

I can't dance with this more. Don't hear anyone calling our performances turgid. Nor are we completely reliant on one superstar. Most (I think) can see what Poch is trying to achieve. We have a great young squad with plenty of potential. The future is potentially much more exciting that it ever was with AVB and his mind numbingly boring approach - even with uberBale to bail him out. Our defence was sh1t, the high line was macaronic, the midfield creativity was next to zero and we were largely impotent up front (with one obvious exception).

There are precious little similarities IMO and similarly the chances of it going south in quite the same way as it did then are almost non existent.

I can't dance with this more. Don't hear anyone calling our performances turgid. Nor are we completely reliant on one superstar. Most (I think) can see what Poch is trying to achieve. We have a great young squad with plenty of potential. The future is potentially much more exciting that it ever was with AVB and his mind numbingly boring approach - even with uberBale to bail him out. Our defence was sh1t, the high line was macaronic, the midfield creativity was next to zero and we were largely impotent up front (with one obvious exception).

There are precious little similarities IMO and similarly the chances of it going south in quite the same way as it did then are almost non existent.

not many complaints here,

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/tottenham-hotspur-vs-woolwich-ars-nal-omt.3872/

I think you have to look at what Galefore is saying; whether we liked AVB's football approach or not, things WERE going swimmingly at the end of his first season: we missed out on CL by a point and had hopes of strengthening a team WITH Bale to make us more of a force. Also, even if the football was boring, we were stil getting points and were in or near the top four at this point in his second season. Also, i think saying our defence was sh!t under AVB: well what does that say about our defence last season??

There aren't that many similarities in the playing approach i agree, however in terms of how things were/are 'going swimmingly' in and around the club (at least from the outside) there ARE similarities. Let's hope and injury to Kane doesn't force us to compare things further....:oops:

As in they would both liked to have won more games, lose less games and grind out draws if we need to put in a professional shift, score goals and concede less.

I think that Poch is more attack minded and more of a risk taker than AVB

Agreed; AVB seemed better at setting us up to be hard-to-beat first and foremost. He was also more of a pragmatist in games vs the Top 4/5.

However, Poch seems to cope better with adversity atm....but who knows what's round the corner!

Agreed; AVB seemed better at setting us up to be hard-to-beat first and foremost. He was also more of a pragmatist in games vs the Top 4/5.

However, Poch seems to cope better with adversity atm....but who knows what's round the corner!

The big difference for me is that Poch put a passer in central midfield to get the ball forward quicker and looks to use possession/pressing a lot more aggressively.

Actually, if you read that thread ( as I just did for old times sake) there was nothing but complaints for the first 35 mins. Then we hit them with two goals in two minutes. A super Bale (who else) opened the scoring. Not exactly an AVB masterclass.

I agree with Milo ( for a change ) Poch is far more attack minded, more aggressive in a high press and doesn't play a mindless high line or is obsessed with pointless possession. His favouring of youth and high energy also differentiate him from AVB's plodding approach.

Poch has teeth! From The Grauniad

Mauricio Pochettino tore into his Tottenham Hotspur players after watching them surrender the lead and an early position of strength to lose 2-1 against Anderlecht in the Europa League, and accused them of losing focus.

Tottenham started the match well when Christian Eriksen scored in the fourth minute and the team created several other clear chances in a 10-minute burst at the outset. But they switched off to concede a dreadful equaliser to the Anderlecht full-back Guillaume Gillet from a set piece and, thereafter, allowed the tie to slide away from them.

Stefano Okaka, the one-cap Italy striker and one-time Fulham loanee, scored the winner and it came as no surprise, particularly to Pochettino who was furious.

“Angry, frustrated, disappointed – I don’t know which is the best word to describe me,” Pochettino said. “We need to realise that we need to compete in every game, in every single minute, in each different game, in each different competition.

“It’s difficult to say, ‘OK, 1-0 up, now I don’t put the effort in, I lose my focus.’ We need to be focused for 90 minutes, 95 minutes. If not, football is like this. The dynamics change quickly.

“We started very well. After 10 minutes, we are 1-0 up and we create two, three chances more. But when you concede the possibility to the opponent to come back into the game the way that we conceded here, the dynamic changes.

“It is not normal that we concede the chance that we concede. We lost our focus on the game and, after 10 minutes, the game changes completely. We need to learn. We are very young but we need to learn a lot. When you are the best team on the pitch after 10 minutes and you believe that you can win the game, you need to win the game. Your focus needs to be 200%. But when you lose your focus, it is difficult to come back.”

Tottenham are now third in Group J and Pochettino described the return tie against Anderlecht at White Hart Lane in two weeks’ time as “must win”. He added: “We’re under pressure but I am happy about that. We need to feel the pressure because here, we didn’t feel the pressure after 10 minutes and it seemed it was an easy game. Then 2-1 and we lose.”

And the return is officially a must win!

Back