• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettinos-quiet-revolution-tottenham-6646562?

That summer was the chance for Pochettino to put his own stamp on the squad. In his first transfer window he wanted Mateo Musacchio and Morgan Schneiderlin. In a manner typical of chairman Daniel Levy’s reign, Pochettino was instead presented with Federico Fazio and Benjamin Stambouli.

It soon became clear that neither signing was up to the job. Past managers might have moaned to the media. Poch just stopped playing them unless he absolutely had to. The message was clear: there was no point in Levy serving up-second-rate dross to this coach.

Some Tottenham fans see Pochettino's unfussy demeanor as proof that he’s a 'yes’ man. The truth is that he’s playing Levy like a fiddle. While other Spurs managers have been lumbered with directors of football buying players they didn’t want, Pochettino has seen off Franco Baldini and has his former Southampton colleague Paul Mitchell as head of recruitment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettinos-quiet-revolution-tottenham-6646562?

That summer was the chance for Pochettino to put his own stamp on the squad. In his first transfer window he wanted Mateo Musacchio and Morgan Schneiderlin. In a manner typical of chairman Daniel Levy’s reign, Pochettino was instead presented with Federico Fazio and Benjamin Stambouli.

It soon became clear that neither signing was up to the job. Past managers might have moaned to the media. Poch just stopped playing them unless he absolutely had to. The message was clear: there was no point in Levy serving up-second-rate dross to this coach.

Some Tottenham fans see Pochettino's unfussy demeanor as proof that he’s a 'yes’ man. The truth is that he’s playing Levy like a fiddle. While other Spurs managers have been lumbered with directors of football buying players they didn’t want, Pochettino has seen off Franco Baldini and has his former Southampton colleague Paul Mitchell as head of recruitment.

YAWN.

Did he stop playing Fazio? Sounds like revisionism to me.

Fazio's game time was limited after the new year. Dier took his place, and this summer we signed Alderweireld and Fazio was available for sale and very nearly moved to West Brom

all that indicates that Fazio is not really wanted.

Fazio's game time was limited after the new year. Dier took his place, and this summer we signed Alderweireld and Fazio was available for sale and very nearly moved to West Brom

I get that he does not have a long term future at the club but the article says that he was sidelined last season as a show of strength by Poch against mediocre signings made by Levy and I think that is flimflam.

I get that he does not have a long term future at the club but the article says that he was sidelined last season as a show of strength by Poch against mediocre signings made by Levy and I think that is hogwash.

And why I posted Yawn in my post; Dan Fitch is just a blogger who has shown he is not a Levy supporter and just another rant against him. Its gonads.

For about 6 games, starting with the league cup final and lasting until Walker got injured. Dier + Vertonghen was a disastrous pairing as both tend to let players drift in behind them.

For about 6 games, starting with the league cup final and lasting until Walker got injured. Dier + Vertonghen was a disastrous pairing as both tend to let players drift in behind them.

no, for about 11 or 12 games as Fazio was dropped early in the new year way before the CC final and had Walker not got injured then Dier would probably have kept his place in central defence alongside Vertonghen till the end of the season and not had to have cover at right back instead. I mean Poch trusted him enough to play him ahead of Fazio in the CC final, in the NLD, away at Anfield, big games

no, for about 11 or 12 games as Fazio was dropped early in the new year way before the CC final and had Walker not got injured then Dier would probably have kept his place in central defence alongside Vertonghen till the end of the season and not had to have cover at right back instead. I mean Poch trusted him enough to play him ahead of Fazio in the CC final, in the NLD, away at Anfield, big games

Poch has been very good at picking players on merit, but that was a mistake by him. They were both in and out of the side for a while, but we generally looked better at the back when Fazio played.

It is easy enough to check his appearances last season and I think that it is hard to argue that he was cut adrift to prove a point

http://www.squawka.com/players/fede...eason-2014/2015#126#all-matches#1-38#by-match

For me it was Fazio who played himself out of the team. He started ok but some dodgy performances culminating in that dreadful error away to Fiorentina which was the nail in the coffin.

For me it was Fazio who played himself out of the team. He started ok but some dodgy performances culminating in that dreadful error away to Fiorentina which was the nail in the coffin.

No arguments but we are talking about the Mirror article that says he was ostracised by Poch to prove a point which is clearly gonads.

I said last season that he was such much tougher than he appeared, and was absolutely intent on taking the long approach to this project/doing it his way/turfing out who he didn't want. I believe whole-heartedly everyone was given a chance to come through, and when you didn't, off ski you went. I think all players were/have been given a chance, and if they cannot do what he wants then off they go. I'm sure he sometimes makes mistakes, and I'd suggest that perhaps Fazio could be considered one (although in the right sort of game he is absolutely fine). But Poch has what he wants building nicely.

I think equally Levy deserves some credit. He wanted this for years (Jol/Arnesen) and I think he thought he would have it with AVB and Baldini. But AVB turned out to have some other character traits which apparently did not surface in early interviews, and thus here we are. I think Levy sees the timeline and understands it well. Congruence on and off the pitch for the first time since when I wonder...

I get that he does not have a long term future at the club but the article says that he was sidelined last season as a show of strength by Poch against mediocre signings made by Levy and I think that is hogwash.

The truth is a bit less malicious methinks (and I know you are not agreeing with the Mirror's hypothesis mate). There was a committee in place and Baldini was doing his job. Several players suggested for a position, if one doesn't work out, go to the next. Theses clearly what happened with Fazio and Stambouli, Poch obviously didn't really love the system and as such, Levy agreed to make the changes to accommodate the manager. Poch has managed to get Levy onboard with paying off Ade to get him out of the club, I can tell you that might've been his hardest work yet as I believe Levy was prepared to grudge-fudge Ade for the remainder of his deal via the outermost training pitch at the new academy! Whilst I don't think both are always in love, they seem to have a very decent working relationship from here. I still think 25 mill was too much for Berahino BTW...

The truth is a bit less malicious methinks (and I know you are not agreeing with the Mirror's hypothesis mate). There was a committee in place and Baldini was doing his job. Several players suggested for a position, if one doesn't work out, go to the next. Theses clearly what happened with Fazio and Stambouli, Poch obviously didn't really love the system and as such, Levy agreed to make the changes to accommodate the manager. Poch has managed to get Levy onboard with paying off Ade to get him out of the club, I can tell you that might've been his hardest work yet as I believe Levy was prepared to grudge-fudge Ade for the remainder of his deal via the outermost training pitch at the new academy! Whilst I don't think both are always in love, they seem to have a very decent working relationship from here. I still think 25 mill was too much for Berahino BTW...

Sorry Steff but I think that you are misunderstanding the point I am making. The Mirror story says that Poch sidelined Fazio to make a point to Levy. I am saying that is gonads. Fazio clearly wasn't Poch's first choice CB in the summer of 2014 but he used him on and off throughout the season. This summer, he understandably, sought an upgrade and it is now clear that Fazio does not have a long term future at the club. This is not what the Mirror is saying.

If that is his game, it's got about as much chance of working as my perennial search for the magic bottle.

...Look at that, another dud.

Mauricio Pochettino has dismissed suggestions that he and Jürgen Klopp are tactical twins. The pair go head to head on Saturday when the German takes Liverpool to Tottenham Hotspur for his first match in charge since replacing Brendan Rodgers.

The contest has been widely billed as a meeting of like-minded managers but Pochettino says it is strange to claim that Klopp’s previous club, Borussia Dortmund, played in the same way that the Argentinian introduced at Southampton and now cultivates at Spurs. Both have always preached high-energy pressing and attacking but Pochettino draws a clear distinction between their approaches.

“It is a different style of pressing,” he said. “If you analyse Dortmund, it’s not similar to how we played at Southampton. Our pressing was to the opposing goalkeeper, whereas Dortmund played with a medium block. You can’t compare Klopp’s style with my style, we are different. I’m not saying one is better than the other, just that we are different.

“It depends on your ideas, your culture, how you see the philosophy, your football,” continued Pochettino. “I prefer to press high and we believe we can press the keeper. Another manager believes it is better to stay with a medium block or play deep and go on the counterattack. This is how you feel and believe, and how you develop your style.”

The Argentinian suggested that although Klopp will need time to embed his ideas, Liverpool may show signs of an immediate impact. Pochettino said that after he arrived in England in January 2013, his Southampton team began applying his teaching in his first match in charge, a 0-0 draw with Everton.

“After two [training] sessions, in the first half against Everton they started to show that they understood how to deliver our ideas,” Pochettino said. “The first half was unbelievable, we created 10 chances, we pressed high. After that it is not easy to keep your ideas for 90 minutes because players have the automatic period and come back again. That is why you need time to settle your ideas on the players.”

Tottenham’s striker Harry Kane has spoken of the dynamism that Pochettino has instilled in Spurs, saying this week that statistics prove Tottenham have outrun all other Premier League teams this season. “It is a good stat but football is about winning the games, not only running,” Pochettino said. “It is true our style is press and run, solidarity, being a unit. But we need to score and we need to be better with the ball than the opponent. We have a good balance between running and having possession.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football...tino-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-tottenham-hotspur

Well done to Pochettino for winning the Manager Of The Month award for September. Hope it won't jinx our match against Liverpool.

Back