• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I do like Neville but there are times when he wraps himself up in his stats and gets carried away.
Tend to agree, but this time I think he is spot on. I said to a fellow Norwegian fan on Saturday: The structure is better, we have players that is much more suited to the style Poch wants us to play - and we run a lot more. Combined with high pressure and individual skills, it's a type of football I think a lot of teams would hate to play against in the future.
It will be some ups and downs, but we are going places for sure.

Last edited:
I definitely think that we are going places, and that it will require patience. However, I said it on another thread, it was so refreshing to hear 3 of our players interviewed and for me to not think any of them were idiots. They like playing with us and believe that they are going places. This to me is one of the most exciting things.

And players who believe a team is going places are less likely to leave. So if we do continue improving, I could see us retaining most, if not all our talent. And as for the money, I'm sure they know that with the new stadium and hopefully CL the salaries will come too.

Yeah, it's a tricky one, you do see the teams who run around and they're always smaller clubs battling away. Anyone got stats for the best teams in the world and how much they run?

And again, will all this running tire us in the second half which has happened with Poch's three seasons in the premier league!

But I hope it IS a positive point, that we are better than those teams so imagine the success working hard AND being incredibly talented. Let's see I guess.

Yeah, it's a tricky one, you do see the teams who run around and they're always smaller clubs battling away. Anyone got stats for the best teams in the world and how much they run?

And again, will all this running tire us in the second half which has happened with Poch's three seasons in the premier league!

But I hope it IS a positive point, that we are better than those teams so imagine the success working hard AND being incredibly talented. Let's see I guess.

Barcelona had exceptional running stats band they were nearly short bursts (ill see if I can find the data). It was all because if their closing down tactics and winning the ball as early in the phase of play which is what i think were trying to replicate to a point

The key is to use the effort and work rat to make up for her weaknesses in the team/squad and i think thats key to success

There is no doubt about it, our fitness under Poch has been exceptional and to date we have had better success with injuries (I've jinxed us now) because of that fitness I believe

And players who believe a team is going places are less likely to leave. So if we do continue improving, I could see us retaining most, if not all our talent. And as for the money, I'm sure they know that with the new stadium and hopefully CL the salaries will come too.

Agree with the sentiment but it's dog eat dog and if any of our players hit some firm the vultures will be ready.

The young players if they get along and believe that they can achieve its only half the battle. I know you are not silly to assume teams that pay higher wages can't turn our players heads.

Id love us to build this team up .... it certainly is great seeing our younger players evolve like this season so far.

Even when the results were looking average and our play also looking average we were still working on the right things in the team.

Like Neville said on MNF, Pochs methods and squad building has taken a little time. We like poch and levy need to be patient. .. we have the things in place to put the cat amongst the pigeons

Agree with the sentiment but it's dog eat dog and if any of our players hit some firm the vultures will be ready.

The young players if they get along and believe that they can achieve its only half the battle. I know you are not silly to assume teams that pay higher wages can't turn our players heads.

Id love us to build this team up .... it certainly is great seeing our younger players evolve like this season so far.

Even when the results were looking average and our play also looking average we were still working on the right things in the team.

Like Neville said on MNF, Pochs methods and squad building has taken a little time. We like poch and levy need to be patient. .. we have the things in place to put the cat amongst the pigeons

Not just Levy but the fans!

As usual I thought Neville was bang on with his assessment of us....

The problem is, we are all human and players absorb fan attitudes to an extent. Negativity and knee-jerking results in caution and 'moments' of indecision on the pitch. An extra second on the ball because people are afraid of fudging up. Most of these blokes are under 25, some are not even 21, they are still maturing! So yeah, as I have said many times, it is my personal belief that people should either buy in or buy out of what they're seeing. It's a shame it takes Gary Neville to educate some supporters who should be able to see this directly as this is our club, but such is life. I was delighted he chose to highlight the changes BEHIND the scenes, which I have oft said are massive and ARE massive. As for levy, people again need to remember that he has always coveted what he has now, but I have long-suspected his dream-team of Jol-Arnesen and the Chelski 'move' on Arnesen really threw him. He tried again with Commoli (who did some great work TBH) but finally the penny has dropped that for true congruence within a fiscally-responsible frame EVERYONE has to be on the same page, most importantly the coaching and player acquisition personal.

The problem is, we are all human and players absorb fan attitudes to an extent. Negativity and knee-jerking results in caution and 'moments' of indecision on the pitch. An extra second on the ball because people are afraid of fudgeing up. Most of these blokes are under 25, some are not even 21, they are still maturing! So yeah, as I have said many times, it is my personal belief that people should either buy in or buy out of what they're seeing. It's a shame it takes Gary Neville to educate some supporters who should be able to see this directly as this is our club, but such is life. I was delighted he chose to highlight the changes BEHIND the scenes, which I have oft said are massive and ARE massive. As for levy, people again need to remember that he has always coveted what he has now, but I have long-suspected his dream-team of Jol-Arnesen and the Chelski 'move' on Arnesen really threw him. He tried again with Commoli (who did some great work TBH) but finally the penny has dropped that for true congruence within a fiscally-responsible frame EVERYONE has to be on the same page, most importantly the coaching and player acquisition personal.

Couldn't have said it better. Great post.

There must be happiness in following the instructions of the manager. The self motivation to improve oneself for the good of the team.
Unity in the cause, is everything and it's why, I were often shaking my head in disbelief at those imploring a manager to include a problematic player to the team.

It's still early days and I'm sure there will be downsides in the future. But, I'm loving the work of Poch and his staff. I feel something really special is happening at the club we all love.

There must be happiness in following the instructions of the manager. The self motivation to improve oneself for the good of the team.
Unity in the cause, is everything and it's why, I were often shaking my head in disbelief at those imploring a manager to include a problematic player to the team.

It's still early days and I'm sure there will be downsides in the future. But, I'm loving the work of Poch and his staff. I feel something really special is happening at the club we all love.

I think this will be a really interesting season. No club is stand out better than everyone else meaning that we can really go for it. Looking at the other clubs, Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea don't seem as together as our lot.

Like you I am loving the work of Poch and his staff and can see something special developing. Hopefully they will be afforded the patience by fans and the club. What is for certain is that there will be ups and downs this season.

Everyone is writing off Yoonited, but their results suggest otherwise and they have plenty of star quality to make a run for it. What am I missing here?

Everyone is writing off Yoonited, but their results suggest otherwise and they have plenty of star quality to make a run for it. What am I missing here?

Well, this is speculation, but from the sounds of things the players are not enjoying LVG's training methods. Yes, they have been successful so far and winning whilst not playing that well, so it will probably wash over.

The press and results are papering over a lot of problems at Man U.
LVG is ruffling feathers, his football is awful, team selection is iffy, but most of all I think is Giggs waiting in the wings with sharpened knife. When it starts to unravel with LVG, and I'm confident it will Giggs with move in and it will implode.
To me there's more chance of Man U going like Liverpool than improving long term.

The press and results are papering over a lot of problems at Man U.
LVG is ruffling feathers, his football is awful, team selection is iffy, but most of all I think is Giggs waiting in the wings with sharpened knife. When it starts to unravel with LVG, and I'm confident it will Giggs with move in and it will implode.
To me there's more chance of Man U going like Liverpool than improving long term.
I'd love to think so but with the financial clout and star pulling power they still have they can easily arrest a slide in fortunes by throwing enough money at it. Any dip in form will be relatively short lived I would think. In saying that I'm not impressed at all by LVG. Utd are winning in spite of him rather than because of him IMO.

Back