• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Exactly, if you don't want your opinions challenged - why post them in the first place? You'd be better off somewhere like Twitter/Facebook if all you want out of a forum is to vent without dealing with people who disagree with you. Personally that's what I like about forums, reading other opinions to my own, having people challenge mine and seeing things from a different perspective which all ultimately helps to shape my own.

Exactly, if you don't want your opinions challenged - why post them in the first place? You'd be better off somewhere like Twitter/Facebook if all you want out of a forum is to vent without dealing with people who disagree with you. Personally that's what I like about forums, reading other opinions to my own, having people challenge mine and seeing things from a different perspective which all ultimately helps to shape my own.

no, when people offer a negative view, they are attacked as being not real fans, whingers, constantly b!tching, sometimes much worse is said and thats the problem. It gets personal..............challenging differing opinions is fine and is how it should be on a forum.

no, when people offer a negative view, they are attacked as being not real fans, whingers, constantly b!tching, sometimes much worse is said and thats the problem. It gets personal..............challenging differing opinions is fine and is how it should be on a forum.

I have never seen someone complaining being attacked for not being a real fan. I think that generally there is patience in the immediate aftermath of a game but starts to wear a bit thin when people keep making the same point over and over again or exaggerate the scale of a setback.

So is Poch vindicated for rotating the team midweek?

Personally I think he needs to continue doing what he's doing. Maybe he doesn't come across as determined and singled minded, but he needs to keep doing what he is doing and not take any notice of twitchy fans. Given team consistency he will bring on players, get them playing better than they have been, and take us forward. His team is starting to take shape, but its still only 'day 2'.

If anything he needs to do more rotating and specifically he needs to save the hurricane for league games only - or he'll burn out.

Dire needs looking after as well- Poch can't keep playing him every game or he'll burn out.

Given our high press game I expect we'll suffer a few injuries, so rotating the squad is ultra important.

i dont understand the obsession with trying to control what what others think..............if you or anyone else is happy with how things are then great. If others want to moan now, or when we are top of the league, or when we are mid table, if we are in the bottom 4, whenever, let them moan. It maybe irrational to you, but it is their right to speak their mind. All you have to do is simply ignore them if it gets too much ;)

lets hope we dont get to the point of negative posts/opinions being censored and removed. Think about it.

It IS their right to speak their mind, but one poster last week said they found anyone not incandescent with rage over the Mickey Mouse Cup to be 'disgusting' while others, rather than share an opinion, simply tried to crowbar it into others heads.

You are right, in my case, rather than become one of the incessant posters myself, I should ignore it. But I can't when the bleak volume gets so loud. I haven't personally been as aggravated by the sound of knees thumping on the underside of tables for nearly a year. It was really something. I agree, negative posts DO have their place but not when they become hammers. Very often it can be said that Grimsby Yid doesn't have an optimist's viewpoint, but he is always sharp to the point without being utterly oppressive! He has a chuckle. He says what he needs to. Discusses. I sometimes find his comments incredible but appreciate his candor and wit. Would be happy to have a pint with him. That's what this is about, debate in a friendly and respectful fashion, not doom-fudging the club/world!

If anything he needs to do more rotating and specifically he needs to save the hurricane for league games only - or he'll burn out.

Dire needs looking after as well- Poch can't keep playing him every game or he'll burn out.

Given our high press game I expect we'll suffer a few injuries, so rotating the squad is ultra important.

I think Mason and Bentaleb returning will be very helpful for him...

I have never seen someone complaining being attacked for not being a real fan. I think that generally there is patience in the immediate aftermath of a game but starts to wear a bit thin when people keep making the same point over and over again or exaggerate the scale of a setback.
This.

The only concern I have over Poch is when one of the big big boys come and try to poach him, which I can see happening soon. He really is respected as a top coach by people in the game, pundits, analysts and generally by football fans. I don't know anyone from any other club who doesn't think we have a gem of a coach. If anything Levy gets castigated but never Poch.

It's the same with players getting poached. We move on. This time I think it's going to be easier with Paul Mitchell and his black box which I hope Levy has the rights for lol.

Will return once more to the task ahead of him when he took over...

Look at the team against City compared to when he took over. Lloris, Vertonghen, Walker and Eriksen are those that were clear first choice players that remain so. And there were questions over both Vertonghen and Walker.

Looking at the match day squad it's more of the same. New players, improved players, promoted academy/reserve players. fudge me. City/Chelsea/United and even Arsenal using an academy player the way we've used Tom Carroll this season gets dragged up as somehow illustrating good work with youngsters. For us it barely gets a mention amongst the mind boggling amount of good work with younger players going on.

Really starting to come together it would seem. We've been good pretty much from the first kick off this season, but our unfortunate early results seemed to mask that from both plenty of our fans and the journalists.

The amount of talent in our squad now, the cohesive nature where we actually look like a unit. Competition for most places, and just about cover for all of them. In a bit over a season.

No, cobblers, we are MORE than that.
We are innovators and leaders.
What we are trying to do right now, building a side based on youth and our youth system/young players, is in itself a revolutionary act for a top premiership club.
Doing it without spending gazillions more so.
Don't drink the sponsored cool-aid of 'Spurs are a cup side'...FIRST to do the double, FIRST to invent push-and-run football, FIRST to win a European trophy...

The last two premiership goals we have scored have come from the sort of flowing, quick-passing and smart Spurs TRADITION that I want to see reinvoked week in week out. THAT is us. 18 pass moves leading to goals. THAT is us.

Cracking post. I'm not going to lie, I was gutted on Wednesday night. My faith in Poch was shaken, but you're absolutely right imho about what we should be looking to do.

I just think some people have a tendency to blow their moaning/complaining way out of proportions. We could have been playing a string of good games, then have a bad one, and suddenley we need a new left back, a new midfielder, a new striker and a new manager. It would probably help to just take a deep breath after a defeat or a poor performance, and try to see the bigger picture, get some perspective. Just because a player makes a mistake in a game or two, doesn't mean he's tinkle poor and will never come good again. There's a lot of matches in a season - and no reason to generalize based on a single game - maybe it's the media that instills this mentality in people. They're experts at writing players off after a single poor game, or writing a team off after a couple of bad games, always maximize the "crisis" to get clicks and headlines and whatnot. It's annoying.

So true about the media, I can remember when a newspaper had about two pages of reports on the local teams in every division, now there are about eight pages and most of them are about the "reporters" opinion or a certain manager or player and devoid of match reporting.

So true about the media, I can remember when a newspaper had about two pages of reports on the local teams in every division, now there are about eight pages and most of them are about the "reporters" opinion or a certain manager or player and devoid of match reporting.

Indeed, and most of it is flimflam.

Cracking post. I'm not going to lie, I was gutted on Wednesday night. My faith in Poch was shaken, but you're absolutely right imho about what we should be looking to do.

Gazza you are a sensible poster why would your faith be shaken over one game- genuine question? It is funny, the guy finishes 5th and reaches a cup final in his first season, he does it by bringing through several youngsters and not complaining despite not getting his first choice players. He has been ruthless in removing the deadwood from the team. Yet to me, it appears he is not held in the kind of esteem, on this forum, as AVB and Redknapp were.

Gazza you are a sensible poster why would your faith be shaken over one game- genuine question? It is funny, the guy finishes 5th and reaches a cup final in his first season, he does it by bringing through several youngsters and not complaining despite not getting his first choice players. He has been ruthless in removing the deadwood from the team. Yet to me, it appears he is not held in the kind of esteem, on this forum, as AVB and Redknapp were.

Thanks Rob! To be honest, my faith was shaken because I think we rotated too many players at the same time against Arsenal. For me, this game is all about emotion/passion, and giving that lot down the road a beating is always one of the sweetest things (but not the be-all and end-all of a season). The other bit is that I do think that we should be taking every competition seriously, even the league cup. Giving this crop of youngsters an early trophy would be setting a marker to them and the rest of our competitors that we can win things with this group of players.

The combination of these two reasons and the not playing of N'Jie when I would have thought that if you are going to rest players and give some experience he would be one of them, coupled with the defeat kind of shook me a bit. For the first time, I felt a bizarre decision had been made that I could not rationalise and all I could really put it down to was that he didn't value that competition and beating those scumbags as much as I wanted to. I want another trip to Wembley. I want this team to win medals (and that is not saying that Poch doesn't).

The reason why I could not rationalise was because I had already written off the Emirates Marketing Project result. I didn't think we had a hope of beating them with a team that is still gelling. I was obviously wrong in writing that game off, so am happy to say that I have full faith in Poch and what he is trying to do. The Dier, Kane and Lamela interviews that were on Spurs TV proved to me what a good bunch of lads we actually have. I can see the passion within these guys more than I could ever in players like Paulinho, Capoue and Ade. Dare I say it was like watching the interviews of the young Bale, Lennon, Huddlestone and Jenas era of Jol where you could see the players believed they could beat anyone.

I absolutely agree with your point about Poch's success last season, but for me the difference was that he rested fewer players last season against Notts Forest and Brighton in the same competition with a bigger squad. I just couldn't quite make it out.

Thanks Rob! To be honest, my faith was shaken because I think we rotated too many players at the same time against Ar5ena1. For me, this game is all about emotion/passion, and giving that lot down the road a beating is always one of the sweetest things (but not the be-all and end-all of a season). The other bit is that I do think that we should be taking every competition seriously, even the league cup. Giving this crop of youngsters an early trophy would be setting a marker to them and the rest of our competitors that we can win things with this group of players.

The combination of these two reasons and the not playing of N'Jie when I would have thought that if you are going to rest players and give some experience he would be one of them, coupled with the defeat kind of shook me a bit. For the first time, I felt a bizarre decision had been made that I could not rationalise and all I could really put it down to was that he didn't value that competition and beating those scumbags as much as I wanted to. I want another trip to Wembley. I want this team to win medals (and that is not saying that Poch doesn't).

The reason why I could not rationalise was because I had already written off the Emirates Marketing Project result. I didn't think we had a hope of beating them with a team that is still gelling. I was obviously wrong in writing that game off, so am happy to say that I have full faith in Poch and what he is trying to do. The Dier, Kane and Lamela interviews that were on Spurs TV proved to me what a good bunch of lads we actually have. I can see the passion within these guys more than I could ever in players like Paulinho, Capoue and Ade. Dare I say it was like watching the interviews of the young Bale, Lennon, Huddlestone and Jenas era of Jol where you could see the players believed they could beat anyone.

I absolutely agree with your point about Poch's success last season, but for me the difference was that he rested fewer players last season against Notts Forest and Brighton in the same competition with a bigger squad. I just couldn't quite make it out.

Pretty much agree with all of that, I support Poch and I think overall he is/has done a very good job and I really believe we are headed in the right direction. I was tinkled off about the Arse game as I believed we need to win trophys to really show progress and for me the team picked was the wrong one, I have no problem with resting some players but playing 6 reserves ( two who have not played in a while) was over the top( especially against a team who have shown to be stronger then us over the last few seasons).

However that game has now been and gone and we look forward to the progress we are making.

If we got knocked out by a top four team outside of Arsenal I don't think we would have moaned so much about being knocked out of the cup.

I would have loved to have beaten the scum. But if our focus is on the League and the Europa cup to get Champions League footie again ill happily default on the CC. .... Would still love us to win the FA Cup though with a screaming freekick in the Semi at Wembley en route to the final

If we got knocked out by a top four team outside of Ar5ena1 I don't think we would have moaned so much about being knocked out of the cup.

I would have loved to have beaten the scum. But if our focus is on the League and the Europa cup to get Champions League footie again ill happily default on the CC. .... Would still love us to win the FA Cup though with a screaming freekick in the Semi at Wembley en route to the final

Well I have said it before and I will say it again it was not so much who we played that tinkled me off but the fact that we passed up a chance to win a trophy. But you are right I think a lot of fans were more upset that it was the Arse then then screwing up a chance to win some honours.

Back