• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

and i forgot Zeki!!

we need to move some on if this musacchio lad arrives. I was hoping we would get Lascelles, heck for all we know vlad, daws and kabs may go! Poch seems hell-bent on rejigging the defence.

we'd only need to get rid of Daws

If those quotes from the Villareal coach are true then it looks like Musacchio will be a Spurs player before too long. My own guess is that we'll start September with the following players at centre back: Vertonghen, Musacchio, Chiriches, Dier and Veljkovic. I've always advocated having four senior CBs and at least one promising youngster. So to me that list feels a bit light on experience... but I've read a couple of articles suggesting that Kaboul might be off to Italy, and the rumours about Dawson leaving have been floating around for ages. Maybe Pochettino is confident in the ability of Dier or Veljkovic to play a significant part in the season if we have injuries. Or maybe Kaboul or Dawson will stay, despite the rumours.

All the same, if Vertonghen and Musacchio can both stay fit for the bulk of the season, that sounds like a pretty amazing pairing. Add Lloris, Walker on the right and Davies hopefully being the solid defender he's hyped to be... all sitting behind a well-drilled midfield pairing... I'd like to think we'll have one of the more imposing defences in the league this year. We'll certainly see less four and five goal defeats. But on top of that, based on the pre-season games (not the results which are meaningless, but the style of football Pochettino was trying to get us playing) it looks like we'll also be a very potent attacking force, moving the ball quickly out of defence, pressing high up the pitch and multiple players running into channels off the ball.

Best keeper in the premier league. Strong in defence. Strong in attack. What's not to like?

Incisive passing? Must be a different Mateo Musacchio to what some people on here have seen? :)

Veron was slating the bloke a couple of days ago. Personally, I just watched the vid vs Barcelona and made a quick summary from that, which was that he was adept at reading the game and as such made many good tackles/interceptions. His passing looked poor in that game.

With regards to the defensive squad, I'd like to see Veljkovic out on loan with Kaboul, Dier and Chiriches as backup for Verts and Musacchio. I'm still a bit worried about being a couple of injuries away from being left with a rather in-experienced pairing. Fryers may be on his way out at this rate too.

we'd only need to get rid of Daws

Dont want vlad to go! am a bit meh about Kaboul, think the injuries have taken their toll, wouldnt mind being proved wrong, Daws....yeah thanks for amazing service but time to go.

I can't get excited yet, I am wounded by the Willian experience. I expect everyone to sign for Arsenal or Chelsea from under our noses because of it.

Veron was slating the bloke a couple of days ago. Personally, I just watched the vid vs Barcelona and made a quick summary from that, which was that he was adept at reading the game and as such made many good tackles/interceptions. His passing looked poor in that game.

With regards to the defensive squad, I'd like to see Veljkovic out on loan with Kaboul, Dier and Chiriches as backup for Verts and Musacchio. I'm still a bit worried about being a couple of injuries away from being left with a rather in-experienced pairing. Fryers may be on his way out at this rate too.

very poor;)

Regardless if this guy is coming in. I'm just happy that the new guy wants to get rid of Dawson and Chiriches

I can't get excited yet, I am wounded by the Willian experience. I expect everyone to sign for Arsenal or Chelsea from under our noses because of it.

This! We will find a way to balls it up and blame it on his South American agent's uncle or something.

Well that's the back line completely sorted. I'm liking how this transfer window is proceeding.

Are you serious?
Walker is potentially crocked.
Naughton, Rose, Dawson and Chiriches simply aren't good enough.
Kaboul hasnt have a decent competitive game in what 2 or 3 seasons now.
Vertonghen thinks he's world greatest defender and doesnt need to bother his ****.
We have a few unproven youngster like Davies, Dier and Veljkovic.

We have two players for each position. I'm not saying we have the worlds greatest backline, but we certainly don't need to be making anymore purchases there just yet. I would also take Davies out of the unproven youngster bracket. He has had a couple of seasons competitive football in the EPL and a season in the Europa League. What is it you want exactly?? Should we be trying to sign Hummels, Rodriguez and Dani Alves? For our level (a team not in the Champions League) we have about as good a defensive unit as we can hope for. Here's hoping that Poch can get them working as a unit.

Are you serious?
Vertonghen thinks he's world greatest defender and doesnt need to bother his ****.

Kaboul was amazing against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Just saying

Are you serious?

I am loving your positivity. =D>

Are you serious?

Serious relegation fears

we will miss Dawson at defending set pieces and when the opposition pumps balls towards our defence. I wouldnt sell him, he will still prove to be useful against at least 3/5ths of the teams in the PL

Are you serious?

i agree with that. It will take a long while before we can say our defence is sorted

Back