• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

In a bizarre and entirely unexpected change in policy, Tottenham Hotspur have set out this summer with the intent of addressing the problems in their squad via a series of well-planned additions.

couldn't have said it better myself !

But hey, Liverpool are the ones with a strategy and won't 'do a Spurs' - which must mean addressing weaknesses in the side.

Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 39s
Marcelino says it's very disruptive to their season to lose someone now. Even more so when the player is of such a high quality.
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 17s
Marcelino also states it's much more complicated to adapt a defender to a team than it is say a midfielder or a striker. Not a happy man
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 7s
Marcelino states that the deal will reach its course soon, be it staying at Villarreal or, as expected, him moving on to pastures new
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 6s
Marcelino says that "the sooner it's all sorted, the sooner we can move on in regards to finding a replacement and moving forward".
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 1m
Marcelino wants to sign at least two CBs, giving further indication that Musacchio is practically gone.
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 12s
Marcelino also understands the situation when 'an offer as good as this one' comes along.
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 33s
From my point of view, it sounds like the deal is more or less done (on our side). Fee agreed, player looking forward to it. 1/2
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 8s
The issue seems to be between Villarreal, his agent and River Plate. That shouldn't hold up the deal too much though. 2/2
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 57s
It looks very much like this is happening. What a huge signing Musacchio would be for us. #COYS

Not sure about him as never seen him play but would rather us spend £21m on Bony. He'd be better than all of our strikers together. We would be ok without adding another defender.

It is most definitely worth it to avoid another season of being dependent on Dawson.

Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 39s
Marcelino says it's very disruptive to their season to lose someone now. Even more so when the player is of such a high quality.
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 17s
Marcelino also states it's much more complicated to adapt a defender to a team than it is say a midfielder or a striker. Not a happy man
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 7s
Marcelino states that the deal will reach its course soon, be it staying at Villarreal or, as expected, him moving on to pastures new
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 6s
Marcelino says that "the sooner it's all sorted, the sooner we can move on in regards to finding a replacement and moving forward".
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 1m
Marcelino wants to sign at least two CBs, giving further indication that Musacchio is practically gone.
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 12s
Marcelino also understands the situation when 'an offer as good as this one' comes along.
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 33s
From my point of view, it sounds like the deal is more or less done (on our side). Fee agreed, player looking forward to it. 1/2
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 8s
The issue seems to be between Villarreal, his agent and River Plate. That shouldn't hold up the deal too much though. 2/2
Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 57s
It looks very much like this is happening. What a huge signing Musacchio would be for us. #COYS

Cheers for posting.

Looks as though we could expect some news quite soon.

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey
Villarreal coach Marcelino has confirmed that Mateo Musacchio is set to join Tottenham.

Done then. Interested to seeing him against Schalke.

Darren Lewis ‏@MirrorDarren 37s
Defender Mateo Musacchio is set to join Tottenham for £17m. Story @MirrorFootball

Well that's the back line completely sorted. I'm liking how this transfer window is proceeding.

Well that's the back line completely sorted. I'm liking how this transfer window is proceeding.

agreed.

Walker (Naughton, Fredericks)
Musacchio (Kaboul, Dier)
Vertonghen (Chiriches, Veljkovic)
Davies (Rose, Fryers)

Darren Lewis ‏@MirrorDarren 37s
Defender Mateo Musacchio is set to join Tottenham for £17m. Story @MirrorFootball

With this addition, we'd have hit our max of 17 foreign players (non home grown) who are over age 21, who can be included in our 25 man squad (and that's without BAE included).

If we buy Schneidelin, then maybe we will offload Dembele?

Perhaps Chiriches will be sold. Kaboul, Vert, Dier, Fryers, Dawson, Chririches...now this fella. So I'd expect 2 centre-backs to get sold this summer. I'd get rid of Dawson and Chriches, replaces by Musacchio and Dier respectively.

With this addition, we'd have hit our max of 17 foreign players (non home grown) who are over age 21, who can be included in our 25 man squad (and that's without BAE included).

If we buy Schneidelin, then maybe we will offload Dembele?

Perhaps Chiriches will be sold. Kaboul, Vert, Dier, Fryers, Dawson, Chririches...now this fella. So I'd expect 2 centre-backs to get sold this summer. I'd get rid of Dawson and Chriches, replaces by Musacchio and Dier respectively.

Schneiderlin counts as homegrown though.

Back