• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

I guess, but I prefer to score goals than defend really. £21m is a lot of money for a defender so he needs to be good.

We won't spend £21m, it will be EUR21m but only if we win the league twice next season, otherwise it will be 10 bob plus add-ons plus first dibs on either Paulinho or Donna Cullen

Schneiderlin counts as homegrown though.

Correct. If we don't sell any of our non-home grown players then we can probably assume that we won't be in for the likes of Bacca etc. Would still leave room for someone like Rodriguez though.

Like that he's a captain too. Can never have too many leaders, of which is an area we're short in

I've just watched his Youtube vid and the last one I watched was of Schneirdelin (sp?) and there is a common factor... reading the game and an effort to cut out the opposition pass. This surely cannot be a coincidence? This is my mind will mean Holtby gets more game time and even Azza.

I've just watched his Youtube vid and the last one I watched was of Schneirdelin (sp?) and there is a common factor... reading the game and an effort to cut out the opposition pass. This surely cannot be a coincidence? This is my mind will mean Holtby gets more game time and even Azza.

Great point.

Sergi Domínguez ‏@FutbolSergi
Mateo Musacchio was one of the best CBs in La Liga last season. Absolute rock. Proficient tackler. Incisive passing. Still 23 too.

Like that he's a captain too. Can never have too many leaders, of which is an area we're short in

I agree. We've been lacking in on-field leaders for decades. Look at the top teams and they have 3 or 4 leaders on the pitch

Great post (again).

Mateo Musacchio was one of the best CBs in La Liga last season. Absolute rock. Proficient tackler. Incisive passing. Still 23 too.

All sounding good.

Hopefully he and Lamela are already mates from their River Plate days - even though he's a couple of years older than Erik.

So we need 4 senior CBs. With Musacchio we would have him, Kabs, Daws, Verts an Vlad. Also Dier has come in who isn't exactly a kid. I wouldn't be surprised if we shipped Dawson at the least.

PS I really rate Vlad and would be upset if he was sold. I remember him having Lukaku in his pocket. Iron out the brain farts and he is a serious talent in my opinion.

Dawson will go and i suspect Kaboul will be moved on as well if we can due to being unreliable in terms of injuries. That would leave us with Musacchio, verts, vlad, & Dier.... more than enough imo and capoue can fill in if the need arises.

Its almost as if there is a strategy in place and a willingness to acquire players who are suited to said strategy!!!

I think were moving in a good direction though I am wary of false Dawns.

I think, for this season only, we may carry more centre-backs in the squad than we would ordinarily. Dier and Musacchio will have to adjust to the league, Chriches we're not sure we can rely on him yet. We might keep Kaboul around just for this season whilst these others bed in.

There are also suggestions from a couple of "itks" that we're still in for Lascelles - though it would seem unlikely now that we've signed Dier.

I'd agree on that, definately worth keeping the experienced heads around for this season.

Pearce doesn't want Lascelles to go and I'd assume they would want a small fortune for him. With Dier and Veljkovic on the books, I think we are set for young developing CB's. To get anymore would mean stunting the growth of another.

I'd agree on that, definately worth keeping the experienced heads around for this season.

Pearce doesn't want Lascelles to go and I'd assume they would want a small fortune for him. With Dier and Veljkovic on the books, I think we are set for young developing CB's. To get anymore would mean stunting the growth of another.

agreed forgot about velijkovic.....though he could be loaned out i suppose.

and i forgot Zeki!!

we need to move some on if this musacchio lad arrives. I was hoping we would get Lascelles, heck for all we know vlad, daws and kabs may go! Poch seems hell-bent on rejigging the defence.

Incisive passing? Must be a different Mateo Musacchio to what some people on here have seen? :)

Back