• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

Sorry I forgot a win is fantastic and anthing else is s***, can't get use to modern athletic contests I still remember when it was a sport and we played games

According to the BBC Football site Spurs have opened negotiations with Lazio to sell them Kaboul to make way for the imminent arrival of Musacchio

According to the BBC Football site Spurs have opened negotiations with Lazio to sell them Kaboul to make way for the imminent arrival of Musacchio

Sounds good to me.

If we can get close to £10m less for him than we pay for Musacchio (i.e. £6m and £16m), then we're still pretty much breaking even for the window.

We desperately need to shed some players, and some overseas players, to make the 25/17 cuts. Having 7 CBs is pretty obscene.

Sounds good to me.

If we can get close to £10m less for him than we pay for Musacchio (i.e. £6m and £16m), then we're still pretty much breaking even for the window.

We desperately need to shed some players, and some overseas players, to make the 25/17 cuts. Having 7 CBs is pretty obscene.

Agree. Tbh we have to shift 2 of our cb's with Dier and Musacchio coming in. Kaboul and Vlad it's got to be imo.

SSN understands that Tottenham are in talks with Villarreal for the transfer of defender Mateo Musacchio. Fee currently being discussed.

I've been checking up on this spursanyol fella on twitter. It's worth keeping an eye on him because he seems to be fairly prolific and his info comes from Spanish press / radio stations etc with good sources at Villareal.

Seems that Villareal are trying to put up a bit of a fight to keep their man. Primarily because, as things stand, they only get to pocket 35% of the fee. The remainder would go to River Plate (30%) and the agent. They want to buy out the other parties prior to any sale but, of course, the other parties have no incentive to do so now that they know what Spurs' offer is worth. It's probably also true that Villareal want to be seen to be putting up a fight. And that they want to squeeze a bit more out of Spurs.

It's never simple for us, is it?!!

For what it's worth, Spursanyol's opinion is that Musacchio will be a Spurs player by the time the transfer window closes. Spanish media are reporting that Poch really wants this fella and that he wants to come to Spurs.

I've been checking up on this spursanyol fella on twitter. It's worth keeping an eye on him because he seems to be fairly prolific and his info comes from Spanish press / radio stations etc with good sources at Villareal.

Seems that Villareal are trying to put up a bit of a fight to keep their man. Primarily because, as things stand, they only get to pocket 35% of the fee. The remainder would go to River Plate (30%) and the agent. They want to buy out the other parties prior to any sale but, of course, the other parties have no incentive to do so now that they know what Spurs' offer is worth. It's probably also true that Villareal want to be seen to be putting up a fight. And that they want to squeeze a bit more out of Spurs.

It's never simple for us, is it?!!

For what it's worth, Spursanyol's opinion is that Musacchio will be a Spurs player by the time the transfer window closes. Spanish media are reporting that Poch really wants this fella and that he wants to come to Spurs.

I talk to him a fair bit he is a good guy, as you say he basically goes through all the spanish press and posts anything at all spurs related

I talk to him a fair bit he is a good guy, as you say he basically goes through all the spanish press and posts anything at all spurs related

It was your posts on here that made me take a look. Cheers! As I said, he's impressively prolific!

He seems to be really highly regarded. Sounds like an intelligent defender, able to read the game well and not give away too many fouls. Can't have too many of these as far as i'm concerned.

Have to say though i'm still a little concerned about reports on his lack of pace and aerial ability. The prem is an unforgiving league. But i have have faith Poch knows what he's doing

Agree. Tbh we have to shift 2 of our cb's with Dier and Musacchio coming in. Kaboul and Vlad it's got to be imo.

I'd imagine Kaboul and Dawson, but I'd be happy for Dawson to stay.

Verts, Musacchio, Chiriches and Dier has a nice look/balance to it.

I'm sure he wrote 48 hours in one of his posts.

He seems to be really highly regarded. Sounds like an intelligent defender, able to read the game well and not give away too many fouls. Can't have too many of these as far as i'm concerned.

Have to say though i'm still a little concerned about reports on his lack of pace and aerial ability. The prem is an unforgiving league. But i have have faith Poch knows what he's doing

Didn't do Lovren any harm in Poch's system. As long as his positioning/reading of the game is good, Lloris can do the rest.

Reading that Goal article it seems his real strengths are making the first challenge, and recycling the ball quickly.

All ball playing cb's with no 'stopper' option? Dawson stays and Vlad sold.

All ball playing cb's with no 'stopper' option? Dawson stays and Vlad sold.

yeah id go with that. I still think Dawson has a vital role to play in quite a few games. It would be madness to sell him right now

yeah id go with that. I still think Dawson has a vital role to play in quite a few games. It would be madness to sell him right now

Problem is that, while Daws has been a great servant of the club and can still do certain things very well, he isn't at all suited to what Poch wants from his defenders. Every player in Poch's team has to be able to do the job expected of him or the whole thing starts to unravel. Central defenders have to be comfortable splitting wide to receive the ball. They have to be comfortable playing forward passes to feet. They have to be comfortable playing a high line. They have to be comfortable making interceptions rather than tackles. Daws can make a stab at doing each of those things but he'll never be comfortable with them. And that will mean his team mates never being entirely comfortable beside, behind or in front of him. It sows seeds of uncertainty. The team's shape and tactics will lose their integrity and thus their effectiveness.

In that sense, Daws is the outfield equivalent of Brad - a player who still has something to offer at a good level but who disrupts a team playing as Spurs will be set up to play.

[video=youtube;6ePZJN4wXOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ePZJN4wXOA[/video]

[video=youtube;msR82zzerfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msR82zzerfk[/video]
[video=youtube;67hTrUZxdDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67hTrUZxdDQ[/video]

There's not a lot of experience in that quartet. I'd rather keep Kaboul; for all his fragility he does know the league and the club.

I think we'll keep one of Kaboul or Dawson and I don't really mind which. I'd slightly prefer Kaboul as I think he's a better player, but can we rely on his fitness?

Back