• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

I can't get excited yet, I am wounded by the Willian experience. I expect everyone to sign for Arsenal or Chelsea from under our noses because of it.

apparently Chelsea are close to signing Miranda from A Madrid......so A Madrid will need a centre half, will have a large amount to spend, have CL on offer, and they are coached by an Argentinian

we will miss Dawson at defending set pieces and when the opposition pumps balls towards our defence. I wouldnt sell him, he will still prove to be useful against at least 3/5ths of the teams in the PL

You can't have your captain on the bench, he must depart.

apparently Chelsea are close to signing Miranda from A Madrid......so A Madrid will need a centre half, will have a large amount to spend, have CL on offer, and they are coached by an Argentinian

And.....?

Latest reports actually suggest that Miranda has rejected the opportunity to leave Atletico for Chelsea, Utd or any other suitor.

Besides which, if Atletico were expecting him to leave, they would have started looking for a replacement some time ago. If they had any serious interest in Musacchio, we would have heard about it by now.

Did any itk pick up on this name?
Can't remember that his name has been specifically mentioned. It has though been reported several times since end of May Baldini flying to Spain to do business.
I think last years Willian case has led the club to trying to keep a tight ship in regards to transfers, which is fine by me, and it pretty much seems to have worded out also.
Hasn't been much rumors or reliable info until the deals have virtually been done.

Last edited:
No. I think it was the Express the broke it actually.

This was the first story linking him with us IIRC: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...and-Dier-with-Vertonghen-headed-for-Barcelona

The Verts bit clearly well off though.

The CB ITK has mainly concentrated on Lascalles, who is currently signing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

To be fair, Im pretty sure some of the ITK didnt outright name Lascalles and just refererred to a young English CB which we did end up doing.

Anyway, splitting hairs there....

Can't remember that his name has been specifically mentioned. It has though been reported several times since end of May Baldini flying to Spain to do business.
I think last years Willian case has led the club to trying to keep a tight ship in regards to transfers, which is fine by me, and it pretty much seems to have worded out also.
Hasn't been much rumors or reliable info until the deals have virtually been done.

The main time Baldini got spotted going to Spain, it was for a personal lunch with his old mate Enrique. And that was well before Poch was appointed.

Now our entire transfer committee has been overhauled (i.e. Sherwood, the last of the old-school Redknapp regime, has exited) I can't see many of the old leaks remaining.

Di Marzio has been nowhere near as good as last summer, though he did break Dier. Alan Nixon from the Mirror has been the best this summer - breaking the Lloris contract and Swansea deal.

To be fair, Im pretty sure some of the ITK didnt outright name Lascalles and just refererred to a young English CB which we did end up doing.

Anyway, splitting hairs there....

That wasn't a bad guess to be vague about, seeing as we were linked with all four England U21 CBs (Dier, Lascalles, Stones and Gomez)! It's a bit like predicting we'll sign an Argentine or a Southampton player.

That wasn't a bad guess to be vague about, seeing as we were linked with all four England U21 CBs (Dier, Lascalles, Stones and Gomez)! It's a bit like predicting we'll sign an Argentine or a Southampton player.

Haha if thats the case then fair enough, I havent paid close enough attention to that speculation then as the only ones Ive seen is Lascalles and one or two mentions of Stones....

maybe another club has come in with a bigger offer

Go and read his full twitter posts (https://twitter.com/Spurspanyol) - he seems confident that it's a bit of nothing and it will still happen - "More a case of Villarreal trying to squeeze a bit more out of Levy. Or, at least in the media, trying to make it look like Villarreal fought hard to keep their man. All signs indicate he'll leave."

Interestingly he describes him as: "He's strong in the air. He's no Michael Dawson in that aspect, but he's also no slouch. He's like a younger version of Kaboul, all in all"

Go and read his full twitter posts (https://twitter.com/Spurspanyol) - he seems confident that it's a bit of nothing and it will still happen - "More a case of Villarreal trying to squeeze a bit more out of Levy. Or, at least in the media, trying to make it look like Villarreal fought hard to keep their man. All signs indicate he'll leave."

Interestingly he describes him as: "He's strong in the air. He's no Michael Dawson in that aspect, but he's also no slouch. He's like a younger version of Kaboul, all in all"

That doesn't excite me one bit.

That doesn't excite me one bit.

Why not? A fit as able kaboul is a great centre back. IMO the only better one In the league is Kompany. Unfortunately we haven't seen that player for 18 months/2 years now but if this guy is in that league then Ill be really happy.

I assume you may be referring to the original immature Kaboul we first signed, and if so I get that.

The first time I saw Kompany was when we thrashed Emirates Marketing Project 0-0 and he was rubbish and lucky to stay on the pitch with the number of fouls he committed, was the first time I can recall a team play with no one up front.

Back