• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

If ever you wanted to understand why you shouldn't rely on pointless stats...

You don't know anything about Musacchio though so I don't think your point carries. Unless you're referring to the other stats posted then I apologise.

but i know chiriches.

Yes but you're taking the stats I posted as meaning "this shows that Chiriches is really really good" when it doesn't, all it shows is that he fares well in comparison to Musacchio - a player you've admitted you know nothing about, so he himself could be the worst defender in the world for all you know and it just means Chiriches is slightly better than him, statistically. Now if I'd compared Chiriches to say Vincent Kompany, or Sergio Ramos, or Thiago Silva and he came out well then I could understand you coming in with "stats are meaningless" but in this instance it doesn't carry. As usual though, whenever stats are posted that don't support the prospective new player vs one of our own, we dismiss them. If they show the new player in a good light then no one says a peep.

Yes but you're taking the stats I posted as meaning "this shows that Chiriches is really really good" when it doesn't, all it shows is that he fares well in comparison to Musacchio - a player you've admitted you know nothing about, so he himself could be the worst defender in the world for all you know and it just means Chiriches is slightly better than him, statistically. Now if I'd compared Chiriches to say Vincent Kompany, or Sergio Ramos, or Thiago Silva and he came out well then I could understand you coming in with "stats are meaningless" but in this instance it doesn't carry. As usual though, whenever stats are posted that don't support the prospective new player vs one of our own, we dismiss them. If they show the new player in a good light then no one says a peep.

I don't look at stats period (or at least those type of stats). I've said it numerous times before...i'll continue saying.....they mean diddly squat to me (unless they're solid stats like goal to game ratio etc etc). It's got nothing to do with it being a new or old player, who it supports, i instantly dismiss stats.

I don't look at stats period (or at least those type of stats). I've said it numerous times before...i'll continue saying.....they mean diddly squat to me (unless they're solid stats like goal to game ratio etc etc). It's got nothing to do with it being a new or old player, who it supports, i instantly dismiss stats.

Ok, you think stats are meaningless, that's cool. But your post insinuates that those posted by me on the last page are a great example of why you think that ... even though you have no idea who the guy I'm even comparing Chiriches to is! You don't rate Vlad, I think most of the board knows this by now.

if I TRY to look for good things in a player as opposed to the good things jumping out, usually means the player aint all that.

MARCA report Vilarreal's Mateo Musacchio is Pochettino's top target, and talks are now at an advanced stage. #THFC

Via COYS -

Spurspanyol ‏@Spurspanyol 1m
Not at home so not watching the game but Musacchio not being in Villarreal's squad is a very positive sign. We are negotiating.

Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 47s
AS's Javier Mata, who broke the story regarding our interest, claims we've offered around 21M (pounds). If true, he's ours.
Spurspanyol ‏@Spurspanyol 15s
The fact the player and agent (who has a 30% stake in the player) want the move is also a big advantage in our favour.

Ok, you think stats are meaningless, that's cool. But your post insinuates that those posted by me on the last page are a great example of why you think that ... even though you have no idea who the guy I'm even comparing Chiriches to is! You don't rate Vlad, I think most of the board knows this by now.

Those stats you posted painted Vlad in a very positive light (not only comparing him to the new Argie but in general). That's why i posted what i posted.

Via COYS -

Spurspanyol ‏@Spurspanyol 1m
Not at home so not watching the game but Musacchio not being in Villarreal's squad is a very positive sign. We are negotiating.

Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 47s
AS's Javier Mata, who broke the story regarding our interest, claims we've offered around 21M (pounds). If true, he's ours.
Spurspanyol ‏@Spurspanyol 15s
The fact the player and agent (who has a 30% stake in the player) want the move is also a big advantage in our favour.

yikes :eek:

15M euros was the fee last I looked lol. Given that the lad didn't go to the World Cup, I'd say him missing a pre season game means we are quite far along.

Could get expensive considering we have to buy out the agent as well. In cases like this it often seems like clubs want the full fee, as if they owned the player 100%, and any additional stakeholders is added on top.

Those stats you posted painted Vlad in a very positive light (not only comparing him to the new Argie but in general). That's why i posted what i posted.

Do they? Don't you need context of what a good "score" is for each category before concluding that?

When people see those stats they usually don't go looking for 'context' too. Those scores are positive..that is clear.

They're only positive in comparison to Musacchio, I haven't looked at other CBs to say whether they're positive overall. For all you and I know, those scores could put them below Paul McShane and Titus Bramble. A tackles won rate of 1.85 p/g for example doesn't say positive or negative, it doesn't say anything as we don't know know what's good, what's bad and what's average.

Last edited:
Back