• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Bergvall

Read on X that he had a good game yesterday so was keen to watch this. I’m not so sure, got caught in possession a few times and the one touch passes didn’t always land. You’re not getting away that in the prem. Also, looks a tiny bit short of pace - which you don’t actually need in his position but still noticeable.

Highlights packages can be different to watching the match so I’ll reserve overall judgement for now but that wasn’t a ‘great’ reel imo.

Edit: Before I get shot down, I know how young he is which is obvs good….im just talking about the current sitch how lots of people saying he’ll be ready for this season.
Who do you think should be our starting midfield trio?

You can watch the extended highlights to have some context of how the entire team is performing. Highlights are obviously hyper-focused, and I think if they show all of a player's touches, they can be useful for judging a performance.

And sure he's young, so I'm purely looking at this from the perspective of how he's operating right now. He looks really good, IMO. Pressing the opposition and intercepting the ball, quick forward passing, or driving the ball up the field. I feel like we've missed this type of player as Bissouma hasn't been consistent enough. Maddison was also doing this before his injury. So my logic is that if they can't do it, let's give Bergvall a shot. Doesn't have to be starting the first match of the season, but I really hope he and Gray will be pushing the seniors and making them sweat a bit.

What I do wonder is if he's supposed to be good at FKs? He took a corner and it actually looked decent.

Read on X that he had a good game yesterday so was keen to watch this. I’m not so sure, got caught in possession a few times and the one touch passes didn’t always land. You’re not getting away that in the prem. Also, looks a tiny bit short of pace - which you don’t actually need in his position but still noticeable.

Highlights packages can be different to watching the match so I’ll reserve overall judgement for now but that wasn’t a ‘great’ reel imo.

Edit: Before I get shot down, I know how young he is which is obvs good….im just talking about the current sitch how lots of people saying he’ll be ready for this season.
I think he's ready for this season. If he's ready to start, ready to start in the PL, how long he can play for and how long he needs to adjust both to the step up in quality and our style are different questions for me.

Wouldn't expect him to start any of our first games. But would expect him to get some real minutes from the bench from fairly early on. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him do well with those minutes. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him make some mistakes that we naturally wouldn't expect more experienced players to make.

I think he's ready for the step up. How long that step up will take will have to be seen.

Appreciate the tempering of expectations. If some people on here or on twitter are expecting him to just come in and look dominant in the PL starting games early on I think that's a bit much.

I think he's ready for this season. If he's ready to start, ready to start in the PL, how long he can play for and how long he needs to adjust both to the step up in quality and our style are different questions for me.

Wouldn't expect him to start any of our first games. But would expect him to get some real minutes from the bench from fairly early on. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him do well with those minutes. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him make some mistakes that we naturally wouldn't expect more experienced players to make.

I think he's ready for the step up. How long that step up will take will have to be seen.

Appreciate the tempering of expectations. If some people on here or on twitter are expecting him to just come in and look dominant in the PL starting games early on I think that's a bit much.

Might start in europa/cup games. We'll see how he gets on. Think he'll be a part of the squad though. Getting mins here and there. Same as moore and gray. Graymight get more game time.

We'll see.

He will get more opportunities than say Sarr did when we got him back off his loan, he only got a sniff when we had injuries before he was fairly well established under Ange, I am expecting Bergvall to get sub appearances and maybe some early starts and perhaps be in the starting 11 come new year.

Might start in europa/cup games. We'll see how he gets on. Think he'll be a part of the squad though. Getting mins here and there. Same as moore and gray. Graymight get more game time.

We'll see.
If we need a goal with 20-30 minutes left of a game I think he could easily get the nod. Either with Maddison running out of steam or as a more attacking/technical option to Sarr. I would be quite excited.

Rumor is that we are loaning him out! I feel that is crazy! Cant belive that can be right

Reports we all that he was brought in to be part of the first team this year.

If we get a RW in, then I can see Kulusevski going central and we could loan him out, but I would be shocked if we did.

I'm considering him as a cheap option for my fantasy team, because I can see him getting game time, doing well enough for a proper price rise.

It would probably be the kiss of death instead, of course.

I'm considering him as a cheap option for my fantasy team, because I can see him getting game time, doing well enough for a proper price rise.

It would probably be the kiss of death instead, of course.
Have you not learnt? You put Arsenal players in your fantasy team not Spurs players.

Reports we all that he was brought in to be part of the first team this year.

If we get a RW in, then I can see Kulusevski going central and we could loan him out, but I would be shocked if we did.

More than shocked, I actually think he will push Maddison for the creative slot and I expect even if he doesn't start, he will get a lot of minutes.

He has alot of Ødegaard in him.. I agree that he needs game time but if you can make the pass like he did against BM you can do that in the League. I hope that we keep him and he get a real chance, Ange like to give young good players a chance.

Back