• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Bergvall

Properly weighted passess and direction in front of the player to run into ...I'm liking what I see. Not sure how Maddison would feel but competition is good.
Popped in just to say this, having watched a couple of short highlights videos. His weight of pass is superb -- and that's how to open up a defence. Eriksen was superb at that.

However, Bergvall was given so much space as Hearts barely pressed him. That won't happen in the Prem.

When you are able to watch from above on TV or a high stand it really looks elegant as it all plays out. Like a machine with multiple parts all moving in synchrony.

Yeah always preferred watching from high up. Hated the terraces. Although that was mostly because i could hardly see over the wall. Was young though.

Popped in just to say this, having watched a couple of short highlights videos. His weight of pass is superb -- and that's how to open up a defence. Eriksen was superb at that.

However, Bergvall was given so much space as Hearts barely pressed him. That won't happen in the Prem.
Agreed. I’m eager not to get too carried away by a 45 minute showing against Hearts. And not a full Hearts team either.

Difficult though!

Agreed. I’m eager not to get too carried away by a 45 minute showing against Hearts. And not a full Hearts team either.

Difficult though!
Hard not to get too carried away, especially pre season when it's all building up to the season starting again.

From those highlights I liked how when he got the ball everything seemed to be about moving himself or the ball forward, very few if any backward motions.

Premier League is going to be a whole different game for the lad but he seems to have the tools, needs plenty of minutes in pre season and it's probably going to take a few months adjusting to the Prem.

Very good start from him and its good to see a young player have the confidence to first call for the ball and then use it well. Early days of course but as i said a very good start.

Currently over in Gothenburg for a Youth tournament. Loads of shirts with his name on them (including Spurs) - seems he's already on the way to being a national hero.

I take that as a good sign (without getting too excited)

I am not generally a big fan of player highlights [ as they are a mismatch of generalizations] however its pretty obvious that the kid has a LOT of talent.

I am not generally a big fan of player highlights [ as they are a mismatch of generalizations] however its pretty obvious that the kid has a LOT of talent.

It's not highlights though. Highlights are edits over a period of time. Used to make a player look better. That (as far as i'm aware), was every touch he had in the game.

If i'm wrong about that, my bad.

It's not highlights though. Highlights are edits over a period of time. Used to make a player look better. That (as far as i'm aware), was every touch he had in the game.

If i'm wrong about that, my bad.
Highlights are a short piece of what he did in the game, my point is that he did very well. I never saw the game so not sure how many minutes he actually played for. Genrally when i have watched highlights of most players they are a mixed bag of good, average and poor. So as i say i do not know how many minutes he played but what was shown was very good by him.

Highlights are a short piece of what he did in the game, my point is that he did very well. I never saw the game so not sure how many minutes he actually played for. Genrally when i have watched highlights of most players they are a mixed bag of good, average and poor. So as i say i do not know how many minutes he played but what was shown was very good by him.

My understanding was it's every touch of the ball he had in the game. Obviously only a part of his play.

My understanding was it's every touch of the ball he had in the game. Obviously only a part of his play.

I have no idea what it was, if that is the case then fair enough but not sure that is a lot of touches for a player to have made. How long was he on the pitch for because as i said i have not seen the game.

I have no idea what it was, if that is the case then fair enough but not sure that is a lot of touches for a player to have made. How long was he on the pitch for because as i said i have not seen the game.

He played the first half, and then subbed off for Maddison

Back