• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Aguero is 23.

Bale turned 22 when the season started, are you saying he shouldn't have been nominated either?

I'm a little surprised Caulker didn't get nominated.

Seems like Aguero's been around for donkeys years. Wikimiki has his first professional appearance as 2003 (aged 15!!!!).

Aguero was performing at a top level for nearly half a decade before coming to the PL - absolutely remarkable talent

Thought he was 24, but never mind. With regards to Bale - no I don't. If I believe that only players of aged 21 and below should be nominated for the award then I'm going to stick to that belief.

Bale turned 22 the same day as our first pre-season game against the Kaizer Chiefs. Does that count as being allowed to be nominated?

Should be a breakthrough award really, Aguero cost 38m and was one of the most well know/rated players in Europe, can't really consider him as a breakthrough player.

Bale turned 22 the same day as our first pre-season game against the Kaizer Chiefs. Does that count as being allowed to be nominated?
No. It should be from the date of the first Premier League game as that is primarily what the players are nominated for! Bale's birthday is in mid-July - a month before that. 'The PFA Young Player of the Year is an annual award given to the player aged 23 or under at the start of the season who is adjudged to have been the best of the season in English football.'

All I'm saying is that limit should be reduced to 21 years of age.

I don't see how any Spurs player could be in the prem 11 if it is based on the whole season.

Do people still think Leighton Baines is crap btw?

PFA TEAM OF THE YEAR

Hart
Walker
Kompany
Coloccini
Baines
Yaya Toure
Silva
Bale
Parker
Rooney
van Persie

Really don't think we deserve any players tbh if it's based on the ENTIRE SEASON considering our collapse.

Can't believe Aguero isn't in there!

Wonder when will they follow the rest of football and switch the formation to 4 3 3 or 4 2 3 1?

And what a surprise Frimpong highlights a Spurs player ahead of a gooner when there are plenty of players who could make a claim to be on this list.

Baines has been very consistent this season whereas Ekotto is either brilliant or dreadful!

think the young player of the year is a bit of my favourite buttplug. should be under 21s only. seems nearer 25 is the cut off. fabregas was being nominated every year even though he'd been around the nearly 10 years and no one would consider him a "young" player.

Really don't think we deserve any players tbh if it's based on the ENTIRE SEASON considering our collapse.

Wonder when will they follow the rest of football and switch the formation to 4 3 3 or 4 2 3 1?

And what a surprise Frimpong highlights a Spurs player ahead of a gooner when there are plenty of players who could make a claim to be on this list.

Baines has been very consistent this season whereas Ekotto is either brilliant or dreadful!

I honestly don't see how Bale makes the list over a season.

Walker is perhaps edging it, but the breakhthrough season is always a fairytale, so fair enough.

I honestly don't see how Bale makes the list over a season.

Walker is perhaps edging it, but the breakhthrough season is always a fairytale, so fair enough.

Thought Micah Richards or Sagna would be ahead of Walker.

Possibly Mata ahead of Bale? To be fair, Bale has 9 league goals, does anyone know who the closest is to him in terms of goals?

Thought Micah Richards or Sagna would be ahead of Walker.

Possibly Mata ahead of Bale? To be fair, Bale has 9 league goals, does anyone know who the closest is to him in terms of goals?

Can't possibly be because of goals though surely? I mean Lampard has scored 11 this season and he hasn't got a look in at all.. In terms of who's come close? I suppose Dempsey has scored 16 goals in the league this year, but he's not really a left midfielder..

You only think Baines has been consistent because you rarely watch Everton play. Baines gets most of the plaudits for his attacking play but according to statto he has 4 goals 2 assists to Benny's 2 goals 5 assists. Baines takes penalties and free kicks around the box so it's not difficult to see where his goals have come from. As for the defensive side of their games then how about Stewart Downing taking him apart last week? Or Lennon making him looking silly at the Lane, I've seen him be woefully out of position for a bunch of goals, let Robben stroll onto his left at Wembley and score etc. It's easy to look consistent when you see say 6 games of his a year and his free kicks on motd. He was much better last season but Cole undeservingly won it.

You only think Baines has been consistent because you rarely watch Everton play. Baines gets most of the plaudits for his attacking play but according to statto he has 4 goals 2 assists to Benny's 2 goals 5 assists. Baines takes penalties and free kicks around the box so it's not difficult to see where his goals have come from. As for the defensive side of their games then how about Stewart Downing taking him apart last week? Or Lennon making him looking silly at the Lane, I've seen him be woefully out of position for a bunch of goals, let Robben stroll onto his left at Wembley and score etc. It's easy to look consistent when you see say 6 games of his a year and his free kicks on motd. He was much better last season but Cole undeservingly won it.

Ekotto has had a number of terrible games this season, especially lately.

Ekotto has had a number of terrible games this season, especially lately.

He has but to be honest the whole team has been under par to put it mildly. Doesnt mean theyre poor.

Im still flabbergasted as to why we have been this crap and capitulated. Beggars belief.

He has but to be honest the whole team has been under par to put it mildly. Doesnt mean theyre poor.

Im still flabbergasted as to why we have been this crap and capitulated. Beggars belief.

True, but he's been one of the worst players in the team in a few games.

Back