• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Hmm, just been voted PFA Young Player of the Year, and named in the PFA Team of the Year by his PEERS.

Goodnight and goodbless, your 'argument' = spectacularly ENDED :lol:

Where did that come from? Have I been a dingdong to you in some other thread or something?

All I said was that if we were going to base everything on expert opinions then we would have to wait for a consensus among experts, not just look at the opinion of one person. If my argument is somehow "ended" by this latest news then "ended" doesn't quiet mean what I think it does.

I agree which is probably why he shouldn't really have won it. He has looked a little lethargic since christmas tbf.

I think really Aguero should have won young player given his scoring record in his first season in this country. Nobody doubted he was a class act apart from the last 8 weeks where he didn't really add to his tally, he has been outstanding.
I'm pretty sure the award is for the calendar year of 2011 in which case Parker is well worthy of his place. The votings done in Feb so no way it can be judged on the 11/12 season.

Where did that come from? Have I been a dingdong to you in some other thread or something?

All I said was that if we were going to base everything on expert opinions then we would have to wait for a consensus among experts, not just look at the opinion of one person. If my argument is somehow "ended" by this latest news then "ended" doesn't quiet mean what I think it does.

Let me think, who's best to give 'expert' opinion on a professional footballer: a) his peers, ie: other professionals who play with him, against him and have been exposed to professional football coaching their entire lives, or b) fatties on a football forum who's exposure to professional football comprises of Sunday League hoofing and collecting panini stickers.

Hmm, it's a tough one - but I'm swaying towards option (a)

I doubt he would have got it if it was voted for now.
Ridiculous that the Awards for the season are voted for in March and awarded before the season is anywhere near over.

Let me think, who's best to give 'expert' opinion on a professional footballer: a) his peers, ie: other professionals who play with him, against him and have been exposed to professional football coaching their entire lives, or b) fatties on a football forum who's exposure to professional football comprises of Sunday League hoofing and collecting panini stickers.

Are you serious or just trolling? Did you actually read the posts you quoted and responded to?

What part of the post you quoted made you reply with this? The part where I said that I would take Gary Neville's opinion over mine, or the part where I said that if we're looking for an expert opinion it should be a consensus of experts, not just one?

Congratulations,hopefully that will give him a boost and we wont see performances like against QPR.

I wont discuss Walker's ability in this thread,but I m interested if anyone here thinks that Walker deserved the award ahead of Aguero(29 goals,11 assists)?

Its a joke tbh

Mourinho never played football profesionally and he is the best manager in the world.
Gary Neville rates Walker because in the matches he has seen him,he did very well.Kyle Walker has two things going for him,he has pace and is english.In no other league in the world would he be nominated for PFA,let alone win the award instead of Aguero

I like Walker, but saying he's the best RB in the league is pushing it.

Voting him in over Aguero is just bizarre.

I am sure he'll improve much over the coming 2-3 seasons with experience, but right now the OP topic about Corluka is still on. I for one don't see the overall defensive improvements in Kyle. I'd still pick him though, but that has more to do with everyone (including lennon) selected for right midfield or right wing insists on playing way in central attacking midfield, appearently with Redknapps blessings :-/

I like Walker, but saying he's the best RB in the league is pushing it.

Voting him in over Aguero is just bizarre.
Apparently if you're in contention for the full player of the year then that counts against you in the young player voting. Or something. Which is why both Bale and Rooney have recently won player of the year but not young player which they were also nominated for.

Back