• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Apparently if you're in contention for the full player of the year then that counts against you in the young player voting. Or something. Which is why both Bale and Rooney have recently won player of the year but not young player which they were also nominated for.

Sorry, I suppose I wasn't answering to the competetion but to the widespread impression, that he is the best PL right back as well.

That explains Aguero though. LOL.

A lot of people vote for the young player award as "breakthrough player". Ronaldo missed out on it when he was near the age cap because he was an established player (although he did win player of the year and young player of the year in the same season once), I'm guessing Aguero was overlooked because he's pretty old for a "young player of the year", he's had plenty of seasons scoring goals, he's been in the Argentina squad for a while (despite them having more amazing strikers than anyone else I can think of) and although it's his first year in the PL, he wasn't an unknown... I know Walker had some time on loan at Villa last season, but there is a big difference between that and being a star player for a club in another league.

Yes, I know the award says "Young Player of the Year", but a bunch of the ex pro pundits came out and said the award should be changed for that reason.

Emmanuel Frimpong‏@Frimpong26AFCReply

Am Sorry But this is utter nonsense How is Scott Parker choosen Ahead of Alex Song for PFA player of the Year. How song wish he was English

now don't get me wrong but this guy is a complete tool.

He may be a tool but he's right. Song may be a **** too but he's Parker + passing in all the matches I've seen this season.

He may be a tool but he's right. Song may be a **** too but he's Parker + passing in all the matches I've seen this season.

But does he play in the Parker position? My understanding is he's been shifted to a more forward position this year since Fabregas left and therefore would be up against Toure in that position in the PFA Team of the Year.

That's my take anyway.

But does he play in the Parker position? My understanding is he's been shifted to a more forward position this year since Fabregas left and therefore would be up against Toure in that position in the PFA Team of the Year.

That's my take anyway.

He plays largerly in the same position but roams forwards considerably more often. Box to box.

No he's wrong.

Parker had a run of around 8 motm performances in a row when he first joined. Even when we've been poor he's been good. Song could do as many chip balls to RVP as he wants but he didn't start the season very well at all. Parker deserves it 100%,.

No he's wrong.

Parker had a run of around 8 motm performances in a row when he first joined. Even when we've been poor he's been good. Song could do as many chip balls to RVP as he wants but he didn't start the season very well at all. Parker deserves it 100%,.

When those chipped balls end up as goals he's doing more to influence a match than just about all of our team put together.

There was a stat recently (few weeks ago) how Song had created more clear-cut goal scoring chances / opportunities than any other player in the PL. Yes, that includes 40m rated Luka Modric and quarter-Korean man

When those chipped balls end up as goals he's doing more to influence a match than just about all of our team put together.

Parker does his job excellently and has been doing it excellently ever since he joined. It's not his fault he's surrounded by a bunch of bottle jobs that can't do there's.

Parker does his job excellently and has been doing it excellently ever since he joined. It's not his fault he's surrounded by a bunch of bottle jobs that can't do there's.

Parker's problem is that he tries to do everyone else's as oppose to his, which just ballses everyone up.

Don't get me wrong he's had good spells, but if he stayed where he was meant to he'd have had a greater effect.

Parker's problem is that he tries to do everyone else's as oppose to his, which just ballses everyone up.

Don't get me wrong he's had good spells, but if he stayed where he was meant to he'd have had a greater effect.
what do you mean "stays where he's meant to be". He has the best positional sense of any player in our squad and does exactly that. He's been outstanding and probably feels he has to do more sometimes when he sees players around him doing fudge all and looking like they don't give a damn.

Well done, Kyle. He's got better throughout the course of the season defensively, and I hope he continues his improvement for the next campaign! I'm not even sure how Aguero is even in the running given that he's 24 years old - the award should be for those aged 21 and below when the season in question starts.

what do you mean "stays where he's meant to be". He has the best positional sense of any player in our squad and does exactly that. He's been outstanding and probably feels he has to do more sometimes when he sees players around him doing fudge all and looking like they don't give a damn.

Playing as a defensive midfielder in front of the back four. Shielding the defense, winning the ball back and passing it on quickly. It's that simple.

He is utterly useless in the opposing team's half, running in to blind alleys, doing his best "Canoe with one paddle" impression untill someone tackles him or he falls over. And we all know we have very little use for free kicks. He has blocked more shots of opposing teams goalines than he has scored, that says it all about his effect further up the pitch.

But as I said, if he was playing where I think is the most suitable role for him within the team he would have done much better.

Well done, Kyle. He's got better throughout the course of the season defensively, and I hope he continues his improvement for the next campaign! I'm not even sure how Aguero is even in the running given that he's 24 years old - the award should be for those aged 21 and below when the season in question starts.

Aguero is 23.

Bale turned 22 when the season started, are you saying he shouldn't have been nominated either?

I'm a little surprised Caulker didn't get nominated.

Playing as a defensive midfielder in front of the back four. Shielding the defense, winning the ball back and passing it on quickly. It's that simple.

He is utterly useless in the opposing team's half, running in to blind alleys, doing his best "Canoe with one paddle" impression untill someone tackles him or he falls over. And we all know we have very little use for free kicks. He has blocked more shots of opposing teams goalines than he has scored, that says it all about his effect further up the pitch.

But as I said, if he was playing where I think is the most suitable role for him within the team he would have done much better.
I agree completely. After his initial 10-15 game with us it seemed as though he was trying to get more involved with our attacking play and leaving us more open through the middle of midfield. As a result, Modric was having to withhold his position more, and was not influencing the game as forward as we would like. I do not advocate telling all of our players to stick to their positions and not express themselves a bit, but Parker is useless going forward. His defensive play, positioning and workrate are very good, and when you have a lot of top quality attacking players like us then we don't need him to press too far forward.

Aguero is 23.

Bale turned 22 when the season started, are you saying he shouldn't have been nominated either?

I'm a little surprised Caulker didn't get nominated.
Thought he was 24, but never mind. With regards to Bale - no I don't. If I believe that only players of aged 21 and below should be nominated for the award then I'm going to stick to that belief.

Back