• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

until the stadium is built and there is a general theme of paying out more than we do now to our players the we wont sign any top class strikers even next season

we can only sign high profile prospects / projects, players that have had a dip in their careers where once they were considered top class, playrs coming off injuries, raw talents, gambles etc

top class players? no.

llorente for example is a high profile player but more in a project type situation. the general concensus is that he would do well in a better club but its still a gamble a bit, he's off form too and his contract is running down. we can and should move for him. but top class striker he is not

there are quite a few players that would flourish in our team that arent top class players

Last edited:
We wont sign a striker in the window, you watch

i can believe that. we have a habit of not risking big in order to chase something that is possibly within reach without the need of spending big in the first place.

plus i believe the forcast and expectations for this season so far has been surpassed. the board are quite possibly happy with what's going on right now and maybe , just maybe, dont see the need to lose money while achieving their objective

redknapps success comes at a price. raised expectations which will bring about more feelings of failure even though we are a raging success

until the stadium is built and there is a general theme of paying out more than we do now to our players the we wont sign any top class strikers even next season

we can only sign high profile prospects / projects, players that have had a dip in their careers where once they were considered top class, playrs coming off injuries, raw talents, gambles etc

top class players? no.

llorente for example is a high profile player but more in a project type situation. the general concensus is that he would do well in a better club but its still a gamble a bit, he's off form too and his contract is running down. we can and should move for him. but top class striker he is not

there are quite a few players that would flourish in our team that arent top class players

This is the truth of the matter I fear, I don't think we will ever be able to afford a flavour of the month player in the current climate without a new stadium, player prices & fees are just going to get more inflated

top class players? no.

Agreed, and we currently have one of the best managers at getting players back into form.

Do you think Llorente would be gettable this window, even if his contract is running down? Other than him is there anyone else who Redknapp genuinely believes would improve our first team that is gettable this window? Im not so sure. Hence why as someone else said, the likelihood of us not signing a striker this window is quite high.....

llorente's team arent going to do anything this season i dont think. nothing of note anyway.
it would be in their interest to sell while their player's stock is relatively high

if we REALLY believe in gambles...we could go for a double 'swoop' and sign llorente and hope villareal are open to negotiations of selling a very injured rossi (he's got an injury that could be a career problem)

someone else would be jovetic who was injured (is he still injured) , went off the marketing and exposure radar for a bit...but i think his stock is still quite high. we could sign him but he wont be cheap

bojan is another player that was tipped for stardom but hasnt quite handled it well yet . another very talented option that is very gettable IMO

players are out there. its just that i dont see our board willing to commit so many millions when they can achieve target and save for something BIG in the future

Why would Bojan join us after seeing what happened to Gio? Granted that is also down to his application however its not exactly a big selling point.

Husinec Signs (Trial)

Weve handed a trail deal to croatian defender Eduard Husinec. Previously had trials with Real Madrid.

18 years old, CB, proper built strapping lad meant to be, 6ft 2". Don't know anything about how he plays though, but did well in the game Vs Celtic in which we won 4-1.

It's difficult without the smileys but I assuming you're joking Glen ;)

We do need a few more young Centre backs at the club, good to know we're looking around.

[Update 37] Peanut on Krul
Who: Peanut
Where: COYS
When: 18th January

I'm confident he will be our next goalkeeper

I'd honestly rather sign Vorm. Much better distribution wise too. Probably would be a whole lot cheaper. Must say though, why can we never find gems like Krul or Vorm? who have been snapped up for absolutely nothing.

Back