• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Who: ryantegan
When: 17/01/12
Where: SC

Samba to QPR looks like a done deal. We certainly wont be paying what they are planning to pay

Dont be surprised to see a short term fix for a striker if we can mov Pav. A lot of strikers out there that are available but not in our interest in the long run. If Pav dont move then what you see is what you get.

Remy is Class! (not my words) but I agree

Saw on Twitter today that Patinkle Cisse has the most offsides of any player in Europe!

Seriously though, don't know much about him but Saudi Sportswashing Machine's recent signings have all been very good

I wonder how well Ba and Cisse will compliment each other. Ba isn't exactly a link player - does Cisse have that in his locker? It's all very well and good playing too good finishers on paper, but it doesn't translate well on the pitch.

?ú225k a week?

Hardly worth getting out of bed for.

I was so proud when I finally got a six figure salary, only took me 25 years working my arse off, 50+ hour weeks, morgaged up the ying yang and a daughter to put through university

and he gets paid double that a week for playing a sport.

fecker better score 30 or more before the season finishes, or I'll disembowel him with blunt spoon

(in case you are from the met or the gestapo, that is an empty threat and I'm 5,000 miles away)

Last edited:
I wonder how well Ba and Cisse will compliment each other. Ba isn't exactly a link player - does Cisse have that in his locker? It's all very well and good playing too good finishers on paper, but it doesn't translate well on the pitch.

They play alongside each other for Senegal.

doesnt mean they compliment each other well though (just to be pedantic sorry)

it does show , like you say, more a chance that they cn play together. but using nigeria as an example....notorious for playing people out of position and playing players that dont work well as a team

Ba plays off the number 9 when Saudi Sportswashing Machine play 2 up top and is very effective. He plays off ameobi and plays off best. Against united he dropped deep and tore them apart.

Why the tossfest over a player who scored a few goals for a nothing team in the Bundesliga? Is it because he's African and Sengaleese and by the same logic should emulate Ba's sudden run of good form?

After all - he can flop

Last edited:
With Remy not going to move until the summer I don't see any realistic striking targets that we could upgrade for this window. I could see us being underwhelmed, but I won't be too disappointed provided we rectify this situation once and for all in the summer. Maybe like a couple of ITKs have alluded to we could get a short term replacement if Pav moves on this window ie Milito but beyond that cant really see much happening that will upgrade our starting XI.....

I think for the next 4 months, the current forwards we have are fine. It won't be the end of the world if we don't get an upgrade, as inevitably there'll be an adjustment period and I don't think we can afford to carry a striker who's trying to integrate into our team. Fortunately, Bale, Lennon and Modric have been doing okay from a goal-scoring point of view and there's enough talent and versatility within Defoe, VdV, Bad Ade and yes, Pav, that we should hold up fine. I mean, they've been good enough so far this season, can't see us falling apart just because we didn't bring in someone new.

Ba plays off the number 9 when Saudi Sportswashing Machine play 2 up top and is very effective. He plays off ameobi and plays off best. Against united he dropped deep and tore them apart.

I've only watched Ba a handful of times, but he's never struck me as a player particularly adept at linking play.

Be interesting to see what happens.

Sow set to sign for Fenerbahce. He did not want to go there but they offered great money.

Not the top class striker we want anyway.

Sow set to sign for Fenerbahce. He did not want to go there but they offered great money.

Not the top class striker we want anyway.

we cant attract a top class striker anyway i dont think. not one that's been marketed and has exposure to the world as a top class striker.

if there is a striker thats top class talented but is raw or on bad form etc then that would be the exception IMO

I don't know why we bother with all these rumours, they just wind me up. If buying someone is dependent on selling we have no chance, how would buy Jenus, Bentley, Di Santos? Bassong, Corluka, Bassong & Krankjar maybe but not big money. So it's jam tomorrow for us. Maybe Pav is like Gollum and has a part to play in this adventure?

we cant attract a top class striker anyway i dont think. not one that's been marketed and has exposure to the world as a top class striker.

if there is a striker thats top class talented but is raw or on bad form etc then that would be the exception IMO

Carlton Cole? :eek:

Agree to an extent but I do think our stock has risen since we were in the CL, and if we qulify again this season which touch wood we should do I think we could attract a top class stiker. It just all will come down to whether we would be prepared to offer such a player the top wages, otherwise he would go elsewhere......

Back