• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Ha Ha Huntelaar, he gets linked every window. Does he never empty his suitcase? Never at a club long enough to.

Daily Mirror:

Edin Dzeko scored his first goal in 12 matches to end Emirates Marketing Project's mini-crisis - but Roberto Mancini risked more controversy as he brandished an imaginary red card.

Blackburn reacted furiously to a transfer request from ?ú15million-rated defender Chris Samba - by asking for money back from the player.

Chelsea stepped up their efforts to land Marseille right-back Cesar Azpilicueta after finally completing the signing of England defender Gary Cahill.

Darlington sacked their entire playing staff and manager last night with the club hours from extinction.

Tottenham supremo Daniel Levy will ask Liverpool to pay a staggering ?ú20million for Jermain Defoe.

Arsenal misfit Sebastien Squillaci is a target for French club Monaco.

Leeds boss Simon Grayson wants old boy Fabian Delph back from Aston Villa on loan.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson has made a ?ú750,000 bid for Fleetwood's striking sensation Jamie Vardy.

The Sun:

Thierry Henry has apologised for swearing at an Arsenal supporter.

Roberto Mancini reopened his feud with Wayne Rooney as Emirates Marketing Project edged ahead again in the title race.

Furious Blackburn players have been texting Chris Samba saying: You should be ashamed of yourself.

Emirates Marketing Project have rejected Inter Milan's ?ú21million bid for Carlos Tevez.

Owen Coyle says Chelsea have got an unbelievable bargain by snapping up Gary Cahill.

Brazilian Henrique last night insisted: I am on my way to QPR.

Chelsea and Liverpool fancy Partizan Belgrade defensive midfielder Medo Kamara.

Harry Redknapp has been told Loic Remy is staying put at Marseille - by the player himself.

West Brom boss Roy Hodgson has his eye on Fleetwood's 20-goal striker Jamie Vardy.

Blackburn have snapped up Kiwi prodigy Tim Payne.

Darlington moved closer to extinction yesterday when all the players were sacked by administrators.

Leeds want Aston Villa pair Fabian Delph and Eric Lichaj on loan.

Hoilett poised for Rovers stay

Canadian starlet set to see out of the season with Blackburn

Last Updated: January 17, 2012 9:08am

Junior Hoilett's agent and father has hinted the Blackburn Rovers starlet will stay with the club for the remainder of the Premier League season.

The 21-year-old Canadian forward's contract expires in the summer, although the Ewood Park club would be entitled to a development compensation fee because he is under the age of 24.

Talks over a contract extension have ground to a halt and manager Steve Kean has conceded Blackburn will consider offers for the highly-rated talent.

David Hoilett Sr does not expect any further talks in the foreseeable future and admits things are 'up in the air' regarding a move to a Premier League rival.

Christopher Samba submitted a transfer request on Monday and Hoilett's father and agent believes the defender's situation will be their priority as Rovers are guaranteed a fee if and when Hoilett leaves.

Up in the air

"Considering his contract, there have not been any talks recently and to be honest I don't really see any at the moment. I don't think there will any more talks at the moment," Hoilett Sr told The IBTimes UK.

"Concerning a move to other clubs, it is a bit up in the air at the minute. I can see with the club knowing that they will get some sort of compensation it may not be within their best interests to offload him considering what is going on with (Christopher) Samba at the moment.

"I can't really see them letting both of them go at the same time and with Junior's contract ending at the end of the year, the value they could get for Junior would be less than what they would get for Samba."

Response

A number of clubs have been linked with a move for the talent, including Tottenham, although Hoilett Sr has not had a response from Rovers regarding an offer.

Although Samba is actively seeking a move elsewhere, Hoilett's camp insist they have never handed in a transfer request.

"I have not had any response from Blackburn regarding that (potential offers)," he continued.

"I am not sure of the situation with other clubs. I have an idea which clubs (might be interested), but at the minute that is confidential.

"There was a rumour we handed in an official transfer request, but that is a rumour, we never did.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/7438158/Hoilett-poised-for-Rovers-stay

Hoilett poised for Rovers stay

Canadian starlet set to see out of the season with Blackburn

Last Updated: January 17, 2012 9:08am

Junior Hoilett's agent and father has hinted the Blackburn Rovers starlet will stay with the club for the remainder of the Premier League season.

The 21-year-old Canadian forward's contract expires in the summer, although the Ewood Park club would be entitled to a development compensation fee because he is under the age of 24.

Talks over a contract extension have ground to a halt and manager Steve Kean has conceded Blackburn will consider offers for the highly-rated talent.

David Hoilett Sr does not expect any further talks in the foreseeable future and admits things are 'up in the air' regarding a move to a Premier League rival.

Christopher Samba submitted a transfer request on Monday and Hoilett's father and agent believes the defender's situation will be their priority as Rovers are guaranteed a fee if and when Hoilett leaves.

Up in the air

"Considering his contract, there have not been any talks recently and to be honest I don't really see any at the moment. I don't think there will any more talks at the moment," Hoilett Sr told The IBTimes UK.

"Concerning a move to other clubs, it is a bit up in the air at the minute. I can see with the club knowing that they will get some sort of compensation it may not be within their best interests to offload him considering what is going on with (Christopher) Samba at the moment.

"I can't really see them letting both of them go at the same time and with Junior's contract ending at the end of the year, the value they could get for Junior would be less than what they would get for Samba."

Response

A number of clubs have been linked with a move for the talent, including Tottenham, although Hoilett Sr has not had a response from Rovers regarding an offer.

Although Samba is actively seeking a move elsewhere, Hoilett's camp insist they have never handed in a transfer request.

"I have not had any response from Blackburn regarding that (potential offers)," he continued.

"I am not sure of the situation with other clubs. I have an idea which clubs (might be interested), but at the minute that is confidential.

"There was a rumour we handed in an official transfer request, but that is a rumour, we never did.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/7438158/Hoilett-poised-for-Rovers-stay

Swansea director John van Zweden has revealed that four Premier League clubs, including Manchester United and Chelsea, have made enquiries for Michel Vorm.

The Dutch international goalkeeper has emerged as a real star this season and has been one of the best shot-stoppers in England.

Vorm's performances have seen him linked to other clubs, and now van Zweden - who is a director and co-owner of the club - has confirmed that United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine have all made approaches.

"Clubs have enquired about Vorm," he told VI Radio.

"Manchester United have asked, in addition Chelsea and for that matter Saudi Sportswashing Machine.Tottenham Hotspur have cautiously announced they are interested.

"It would be a nightmare for us if he left."

Swansea signed Vorm for just over ?ú1million last summer from FC Utrecht and the Dutch club admit they would be happy to see him move on as they have a sell-on clause.

"I'm not mentioning sums, but it is more than training costs," Utrecht technical director Foeke Booy confirmed.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7438203/United-and-Chelsea-eye-Vorm

I have no idea why a director who genuinely doesn't want to sell would announce this to the media that all these big teams are interested, at best he'll have to give Vorm a payrise after his head is turned and at worst Vorm will tell him he wants to leave the club.

He's been arguably Swansea's best player this season, could be a decent long term backup to Friedel?

I'd imagine United will be more than keen, and if they want him, they'll probably get him, one way or another.

Tottenham supremo Daniel Levy will ask Liverpool to pay a staggering ?ú20million for Jermain Defoe.

It's not even close to "staggering" when you take their past into account

1287507497_horse-plazying-with-big-ball.gif

If the Llorente rumours are true - would be the best possible option for us in terms of ability vs age vs investment

If Chelscum are actually offering Torres - I really do think we should go get him. The issue is that would chelscum be willing to deal with us? Only if Modric was included. Which would be like buying Rebrov and selling Ginola. Nope.

Back