• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Suarez one was bad, don't see how was anything but deliberate. Generally ref was fine however, far better than what some of the others have been dishing up recently. I would also say that Spurs players don't generally get animated and in the ref's face (thankfully), so just because they didn't all react to the kick does not mean it ws not serious foul play.

Im sorry but thats not a natural swing as if he knows the ball is suppose to drop there. If he was going for the ball he would have put his leg straight through it. He kicks parker then retracts his leg, soo deliberate

I really don't think Suarez is standing there staring up at the ball thinking 'I'm going to volley Parker in the ribs'

I really don't think Suarez is standing there staring up at the ball thinking 'I'm going to volley Parker in the ribs'

No, but he goes to volley, sees he isn't going to get the ball and thinks, I'm gonna get stuck into this guy anyway, he has been destroying us all game. He was blatantly fired up, the way he harried Ekotto(?) as soon as he came on showed that. He is the type of player to let that sort of eagerness get to his head and make him nasty.

There is a reason everyone calls him a dirty clam, and the way he kicked Parker at full force, where most players would have started to pull out or would have pulled out completely, demonstrates exactly why.

I thought the ref had a pretty decent game, I thought he gave quite a few 50-50s in the middle of the park to Liverpool though, and obviously I feel Suarez should have gone. I want to see the Skrtel tackle again. But in the situations where goals are directly scored/conceded due to bad officiating, I felt the ref and the linos were very good. I'm glad the ref saw Bale's dive, I thought it was a foul first time round. There was also a very good offside call against Kuyt in the first half from an Adam freekick, even though he missed his header, and when Bale burst through the onside decision was also spot on.

Although I feel Liverpool's dominance of possession in attacking areas was contributed to by the ref, and he got 1 or 2 fairly difficult (in real time) red cards wrong, I think the officials didn't affect the game very much. We missed VDV and to a lesser extent Defoe dearly IMO.

O/T Swearing at the Ref

I've played (and still do) a fair bit of semi-pro foobtall which is largerly populated with colourful characters of all walks of life. Even ex-cons have featured in games along double digit IQ planks.

I've also seen a good few players sent off over the years for swearing at the ref. Even at a miniscule level as ours the ref NEVER takes brick from players and any verbal abuse (towards him or other players) is dealt with harshly - as per the rule book.

However - on TV you see it virtually happening all the time - ref blows and the 'victim' expells 'fcuk off' and similar obscenities about half a dozen times per minute. Why don't refs take action and eradicate such peasantry from the game at the HIGHEST level? Is it because they can't hear it?

I find it despicable

Hence my point above.

Why is this allowed to happen at the highest level by people who are national team regulars. Role models deluxe

Yeah Carroll looked so much faster everytime he was running up to the ref shouting fudge off or wanting one of our players booked.

And yeah, i've played for many years and still do here in Norway and we always get cards for abusive language or for constantly being in the refs ear.

Two reasons they get away with it:

a. It would spoil the "spectacle of the game" for Sky if the game finished 8 v 8
b. the refs are ball-less clams.

I can't believe what I'm reading this morning about the Suarez incident! The LFC fans honestly think his eyes were on the ball and it was an accident!!!! Well pictures show he's looking at Parker when he kicks him - that aside and more importantly for me - if Parker wasn't there, it would have been one of the most embarrassing misses in EPL history! The timing was totally off, he would have had to swing 360 at that speed to connect. Oh and don't get me started on the eye gouge on Parker!! Ref should have sent him off.

Two reasons they get away with it:

a. It would spoil the "spectacle of the game" for Sky if the game finished 8 v 8
b. the refs are ball-less clams.

It wouldnt have finished 8 v 8

Liverpoo would have lost Carroll for sure, Skrtl too and probably Johnson

I think I saw Walker having a real pop once from our side.

Have to agree with the OP on this.

I've reffed games in the past.....albeit at a very low level.........but would always make it quite clear that I would NOT take any abuse from either side.

So much for setting an example.............Carroll especially was way out of line last night.

My question is though - are the refs hearing that or not amidst all the noise?

you dont need to hear it. im hundreds of miles away from anfield and saw caroll on countless occasions look the ref in his face and tell him to fudge off.

Yes, that is true - but if the ref can't hear it at the time little can be done. If he can however - then I'm not sure what to say

All the years I've played the Refs have often come into the changing rooms before the game and said...

"I don't mind swearing out of frustration (sometimes it can't be helped) but if I hear anyone using abusive language towards me or someone else I will send them off"

When a ref says that before the game everyone knows what to expect and you can't blame anyone but yourself if you get sent off

1 thing i like about other sports is the zero tolerance of abuse to referees. any dissent means match fee gone or even a suspension

Back