• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Honestly? the only decision I think he got wrong was the Suarez one, everything else was spot on. Good game

Funny isn't it?

I thought he was bloody awful, bottled the big decisions (both ways) and seemed to be a big homer in the first half (although improved in the second).

The Suarez incident was a straight red. The donkey faced clam never once looked at the ball. In fact I'm rather disappointed he gave Suarez a yellow as that generally means they can't impose a retrospective ban, right?

I think that Suarez and Skrtel were the two most blatant red cards all season. Skrtel shoudl actually hwave been sent off twice. First for the attempt to break Bale's leg. Then for going in studs first on Friedel when already on a yellow card.
I don't think he had a bad game allround, and I think there are far wrose referees around than he is, but he got those two decisions blatantly wrong.

Honestly? the only decision I think he got wrong was the Suarez one, everything else was spot on. Good game

Agree 100%

Thought it was a good refereeing performance

Was impressed with how he dealt with Agger after the bale situation. He spoke to him but didn't book him. How many refs book both players regardless in thoses situations

The Suarez incident was a straight red. The donkey faced clam never once looked at the ball. In fact I'm rather disappointed he gave Suarez a yellow as that generally means they can't impose a retrospective ban, right?

That is the really irritating one. Suarez shoudl have gone, but because of that yellow (which I think the ref guessed on) he cannot face further sanction.

suarezz1upo.gif

His eyes are clearly on the ball, but he knows Parker is there (since he pushed him) and its dangerous. Could be a red but not a shocking decision to just give a yellow IMO.

Just realised that GIF makes it look like Scotty is protecting King. He knows how important he is. =D>

Actually you can see from that gif that how takes his eyes off the ball and looks at Parker just before kicking him. Definitely one of the worst things I have seen in football ever. I don't see how anyone can defend him there. Not even Liverpool-fans. It is intentional, it is cowardly, it is pure evil.

Actually you can see from that gif that how takes his eyes off the ball and looks at Parker just before kicking him. Definitely one of the worst things I have seen in football ever. I don't see how anyone can defend him there. Not even Liverpool-fans. It is intentional, it is cowardly, it is pure evil.

Liverpool fans would defend Hitler if he had a Great Grandad who was Scouse.

I think the ref did ok, especially given the noise from the stands. He probably should have sent off Skrtel for the challenge on Bale, but remember that BAE survived a similar offence recently. Suarez should have had two yellows and a straight red for just being plain ugly, but then again not all can be Niko. Had Liverpool been the away team, especially at Old Trafford, they would have finished with 9 men (again) but they were borderline decisions. Let the game flow as well as he could, and after having Foy and Webb officiating too many of our games, this referee was a welcome relief.

Bare in mind it is slow motion I think you are making too much out of the "look". I actually think he is following the ball, the look is him expecting to follow it down on to his foot for the volley.

Also in his defence he immediately holds his hand up, the players clearly knew it wasn't intentional as there was no scuffle or accusations of malice from the Spurs players

Sorry Richie, that was clearly intentional. The ball was still above their heads when he kicked him and Parker is in the way, its never going to drop down onto his foot. I don't understand why he's given a yellow card. Surely if he's seen it, it has to be a red?

I've been impressed by Oliver before. Some strange decisions today but overall, I think he's a very good ref. Hope we get him for more games in the future.

Bare in mind it is slow motion I think you are making too much out of the "look". I actually think he is following the ball, the look is him expecting to follow it down on to his foot for the volley.

Also in his defence he immediately holds his hand up, the players clearly knew it wasn't intentional as there was no scuffle or accusations of malice from the Spurs players

Can't agree. The look is a glance directly at Parker to see where he is, and the kick to the guts is blatantly deliberate.

I think that Suarez and Skrtel were the two most blatant red cards all season. Skrtel shoudl actually hwave been sent off twice. First for the attempt to break Bale's leg. Then for going in studs first on Friedel when already on a yellow card.
I don't think he had a bad game allround, and I think there are far wrose referees around than he is, but he got those two decisions blatantly wrong.

Thank you.
And (obviously) agreed...anyone who doesn't think the foul on Bale is a straight-red quite obviously doesn't play much football...

Back