• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
St Albans lge is a bit more leniant - ref tends to have a word before game and give you one chance during.

Unless you being a abvious taco.

Then the St Alb lge is one of the biggest in the country - so maybe the FA dont want the paperwork even at local level!

All the years I've played the Refs have often come into the changing rooms before the game and said...

"I don't mind swearing out of frustration (sometimes it can't be helped) but if I hear anyone using abusive language towards me or someone else I will send them off"

When a ref says that before the game everyone knows what to expect and you can't blame anyone but yourself if you get sent off

Totally this.

Although when playing, I did once get booked for using a tirade of abuse at my own players for their lack of marking and effort. :oops:
To be fair, there were a few kids watching......

Carroll was a disgrace last night. There were at least two occasions when he screamed "fudge off" straight at the ref. He should have been sent off. It is the only way players will learn not to abuse the ref if the refs grow a pair of balls and start dishing out red cards for such behaviour.

Carroll was a disgrace last night. There were at least two occasions when he screamed "fudge off" straight at the ref. He should have been sent off. It is the only way players will learn not to abuse the ref if the refs grow a pair of balls and start dishing out red cards for such behaviour.
They used a lip-reader to bring Terry to book. Why not do the same here?

It really is out of order.

Loads of players do it, they should all have the book thrown at them. Rooney is probably the worst culprit, closely followed by Terry, Cole, Bellamy and Carroll.

Its strange really. The referees in other sports are almost holy, you can't touch them, or else you are off. But then again, in these sports there is rarely any debate with the ref. Even in ice hockey, aggressive sport deluxe, no one says anything to the ref, its just the culture. Same in handball, say anything to the ref, and you are off.

Its about culture, I think if refs at the top level simply decided no tolerance, we would see far less complaining, swearing and bitching.

If, say next season, a directive was introduced, saying that NO personal abuse may be aimed at a ref, then I think you would find, that over time (once we all got used to it) that the level of ref bashing from managers and fans would calm down too.
We all know refs get things wrong, but the freedom to abuse them when they do needs regulating more.

If I were a ref, I'd make it very clear to the captains before the game, that I won't stand for it, from either side

I'd take great pleasure in sending off these lady boys

Football refs could do with watching a few hand egg games

Agreed, I wanted to take a baseball bat to Carroll's face last night. Every time the camera zoomed in on him he was swearing at the ref. More than anything it's the vitriolic aggression in players' faces when they do this that gets me. Like someone else said, I think it's one thing to swear in general, i.e. looking to the sky and shouting "for fudge sake", but it's another thing to be hurling obsenities aggressively directly at the ref. fudging thugs.

They should change Let's kick RACISM out of fooball to Let's kick abuse and Suarez out of football.

Carroll was ridiculous last night, the refs must be under direct orders not to strike down on it. I know I couldn't take that kind of brick from a bunch of clowns for 90 minutes. My guess is Dalglish thinks it's part of the game as he's not model act himself, and therefore his players will not be told to behave. No class.

Phil Thompson was in the Norwegian PL studio last night btw with Erik Thorstvedt, among others. Erik pointed out a thing or two about theatrics, abuse, Skrtl's tackle and Phil was having none of it. Thought the Skrtl tackle was clean, went on a tirade and said it shouldn't have been a free kick, said if that was not allowed we might as well stop playing football and play cards instead. Erik had a look of disbelief after that, probably counting to ten. Seen it before though, Thompson in studio when pool is playing is a bad, bad, bad, terrible, idea.

I dont really mind the swearing. We all swear in frustration and anger.

Yeah and that's fine, but not specifically swearing the ref. Swear to yourself all you want, but verbally abusing others isn't okay.

I feel sorry for anyone trying to raise their kids properly if the young ones support Liverpool, the players are all bastards.

Last edited:
Yeah and that's fine, but not specifically swearing the ref. Swear to yourself all you want, but verbally abusing others isn't okay.

I feel sorry for anyone trying to raise their kids properly if the young ones support Liverpool, the players are all bastards.

I swear at my mates saying "you fudgein clam" in the heat of the moment sometimes in frustration sometimes in anger. Does it mean my mate is a fudgein clam? not really.

Football is a passionate game where refs make huge fudge ups for example - Webb at Man bricky, or Foy at Stoke. They players in the heat of the moment will say anything really. I think we need to understand that at times. If a player ran up to the ref and called him a clam then I would accept that that should be a yellow card. But if it was done in the specific heat of the moment i.e. after a tackle was made, penalty was given etc then I would understand that.

Loads of players do it, they should all have the book thrown at them. Rooney is probably the worst culprit, closely followed by Terry, Cole, Bellamy and Carroll.

Nail, head, hammer! You have just described the cream of the football gene pool my friend! If these people were not plying their trade in professional sport, what position would these people be occupying in society? Unemployed, petty crime and worse!

IMO, swearing at the referee should be a yellow card offence - and the only players that are allowed to talk to the ref are the respective captains of each team and the perpetrators. The FA need to grow a pair of balls and use them - once prerogatives are put in place to protect the officials from such abuse then it will start to dwindle.

More like rugby please. Refer to the referee as 'Sir' and respect his decision regardless of whether you think it is correct or not.

I swear at my mates saying "you fudgein clam" in the heat of the moment sometimes in frustration sometimes in anger. Does it mean my mate is a fudgein clam? not really.

Football is a passionate game where refs make huge fudge ups for example - Webb at Man bricky, or Foy at Stoke. They players in the heat of the moment will say anything really. I think we need to understand that at times. If a player ran up to the ref and called him a clam then I would accept that that should be a yellow card. But if it was done in the specific heat of the moment i.e. after a tackle was made, penalty was given etc then I would understand that.

You can tell someone to "fudge ooooofffff......" in a get-on-with-it manner, and you can scream it at the top of your lunges with your eyes popping out and your ponytale waving about. There's a difference.

How many brutal injustices did Carroll suffer last night? None.

It comes down to respect towards the ref, imho - much like in virtually every other sport.

Verbal abuse and provocation have no place in football, nor in anything which involves competition amogst semi-intelligent mammals

Back