• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

His passing was great when he had it
But that wasn’t much
He can’t pass the ball and then run into the box though .. he ain’t super human
England didn’t create chances
The goals scored were from half chances to moments
Seriously well worth looking at the data for once as it does highlight England created fudge all for anyone

Not sure how you can say his passing was “great”. Completely disagree. The only pass of note I remember was Foden offside goal against Slovakia. Why are Watkins and Toney able to stretch defences and make life difficult for them in the brief moments they have and Kane can’t do anything in 60-80 minutes of play? It would be unfair to pin his lack of trophies solely on him but he’s a massive part of it. He’s just not one of those players who stands up in big games and says I’m the world class player and I’m going to drag us over the line. He was just as bad for Spurs in semis and finals even when the team was geared around him and he had no excuses. We will see how he does for Bayern next season as no doubt they should go deep into the CL.

Quarter finals, semis and finals, if it’s not a penalty he rarely scores. It’s not even the fact that he doesn’t score he’s just non-existent.
So your only thinking cup games
You say big games and I think league games that he played in and was exceptional
There may be cup games too but I can’t recall any of the top to my head
But cup games aren’t the only big games don’t forget
And the pressure of a huge league game is immense

Not sure how you can say his passing was “great”. Completely disagree. The only pass of note I remember was Foden offside goal against Slovakia. Why are Watkins and Toney able to stretch defences and make life difficult for them in the brief moments they have and Kane can’t do anything in 60-80 minutes of play? It would be unfair to pin his lack of trophies solely on him but he’s a massive part of it. He’s just not one of those players who stands up in big games and says I’m the world class player and I’m going to drag us over the line. He was just as bad for Spurs in semis and finals even when the team was geared around him and he had no excuses. We will see how he does for Bayern next season as no doubt they should go deep into the CL.
They stretch a defence and the team still don’t find them..

I mean Watkins touches the ball 4 times and one was form kick off

Is that effective?

They stretch a defence and the team still don’t find them..

I mean Watkins touches the ball 4 times and one was form kick off

Is that effective?

At least the CB’s are in a game and have something to think about. Kane didn’t bully defenders or make their lives difficult. Watkins was pretty effective when he came on and scored the winner against the Dutch.

So your only thinking cup games
You say big games and I think league games that he played in and was exceptional
There may be cup games too but I can’t recall any of the top to my head
But cup games aren’t the only big games don’t forget
And the pressure of a huge league game is immense

I mean of course league games count too but there’s a different pressure. If you lose a cup game you’re out. Kane can’t do it on his own and I’m not suggesting the rest of the team played well last night or in the tournament as a whole but you need your big players to step up like Spain’s players did. You can’t expect them to do it every big game but if Harry did it just once that would be nice.

I may be totally wrong to be critical of Trippier, I feel if Spurs had a player playing that way in that position their would be an uproar, people still moan about Son playing there. Southgate knew when he picked that squad that Shaw was a doubt and he would use Trippier in that position as he has done in the past, he had plenty of time to see the limitations that bought to the squad and work with Trippier and the team to over come them and it appeared to me they failed. To my mind it's a terrible failing in a professional footballer not to be able to use both feet, one will always be stronger and favoured but they have plenty of time to work on it.

At least the CB’s are in a game and have something to think about. Kane didn’t bully defenders or make their lives difficult. Watkins was pretty effective when he came on and scored the winner against the Dutch.
They really didn’t have to change much
They sat slightly deeper and still kept the ball
It looks better because it’s a guy running around
Watkins had his moment against Holland
It was brilliant
But seriously it was one moment.. he had more touches in those few minutes than he did vs Spain
The tactics for England were grim
I’ve posted videos of the way we were attacking with Pickford as the focal point of the long ball. That’s not suiting anyone in this team

I mean of course league games count too but there’s a different pressure. If you lose a cup game you’re out. Kane can’t do it on his own and I’m not suggesting the rest of the team played well last night or in the tournament as a whole but you need your big players to step up like Spain’s players did. You can’t expect them to do it every big game but if Harry did it just once that would be nice.
He has done it
You just having recency bias
It’s natural
Spain’s players didn’t step up
They played the way they played all tournament
They just did what they are coached and asked to do
I think we did too…
Did you see who was coming on as subs towards the end before they scored? Players who were there to see us out on extra time. Not players that you would normally choose to win the game
That’s tactically the plan

I may be totally wrong to be critical of Trippier, I feel if Spurs had a player playing that way in that position their would be an uproar, people still moan about Son playing there. Southgate knew when he picked that squad that Shaw was a doubt and he would use Trippier in that position as he has done in the past, he had plenty of time to see the limitations that bought to the squad and work with Trippier and the team to over come them and it appeared to me they failed. To my mind it's a terrible failing in a professional footballer not to be able to use both feet, one will always be stronger and favoured but they have plenty of time to work on it.

I’ve never rated him as a defender, he’s awful 1v1. Under the circumstances I felt he gave a reasonable account of himself at LB.

He has done it
You just having recency bias
It’s natural
Spain’s players didn’t step up
They played the way they played all tournament
They just did what they are coached and asked to do
I think we did too…
Did you see who was coming on as subs towards the end before they scored? Players who were there to see us out on extra time. Not players that you would normally choose to win the game
That’s tactically the plan

He hasn’t done it in knockout games unless it’s from the penalty spot.

They really didn’t have to change much
They sat slightly deeper and still kept the ball
It looks better because it’s a guy running around
Watkins had his moment against Holland
It was brilliant
But seriously it was one moment.. he had more touches in those few minutes than he did vs Spain
The tactics for England were grim
I’ve posted videos of the way we were attacking with Pickford as the focal point of the long ball. That’s not suiting anyone in this team

It’s 1 more moment than Kane had in far fewer minutes. What’s Kane’s excuse for not turning up in semis and finals for spurs given Poch played to his strengths?

It’s 1 more moment than Kane had in far fewer minutes. What’s Kane’s excuse for not turning up in semis and finals for spurs given Poch played to his strengths?
Did we play to his strengths ?
Son at wing back?
I mean it’s a team game but maybe it was all on Kane
I remember the Chelsea league cup final and we lost because they man marked eriksen
I remember the Chelsea cup game and we played son wing back
Kane has never shone in those games but has anyone?

He hasn’t done it in knockout games unless it’s from the penalty spot.
And he won the penalty
Then scored it
He scored a penalty in the CL semi too
Maybe he is as poor as you say but his scoring record suggests your wrong

Maybe the question should be what chances has he missed in those games?

After we equalised if we had have been positive I feel we would have gone on and won the game
Literally as soon as we scored we went on the back foot again, I just don't get it

I really hope Southgate doesn't stay on for another 2 years
I thank him for his time and where he has taken England but his time is over

Did we play to his strengths ?
Son at wing back?
I mean it’s a team game but maybe it was all on Kane
I remember the Chelsea league cup final and we lost because they man marked eriksen
I remember the Chelsea cup game and we played son wing back
Kane has never shone in those games but has anyone?

Son played at wing back in one game. If I’m picking a striker for a big game, semis, finals etc Kane is one of the last strikers I would choose. Bog standard league game he’d be one of the first. If he hadn’t played for Spurs there’s no way you’d be defending him so much.

And he won the penalty
Then scored it
He scored a penalty in the CL semi too
Maybe he is as poor as you say but his scoring record suggests your wrong

Maybe the question should be what chances has he missed in those games?

The softest penalty ever btw. The only chance I recall him missing is one against Slovenia in the last 16. Still doesn’t excuse his general overall poor play in the tournament. We wouldn’t have looked any worse with Watkins starting.

The softest penalty ever btw. The only chance I recall him missing is one against Slovenia in the last 16. Still doesn’t excuse his general overall poor play in the tournament. We wouldn’t have looked any worse with Watkins starting.
It’s possible we may not have
We will never know
There is a reason why Kane started
Maybe Southgate knows more than you and i
Might be his amazing goal return

Son played at wing back in one game. If I’m picking a striker for a big game, semis, finals etc Kane is one of the last strikers I would choose. Bog standard league game he’d be one of the first. If he hadn’t played for Spurs there’s no way you’d be defending him so much.
Ha ha
He literally is the top scorer in European football this season
Has more golden boots than any player ever to come from these shores and I’d guess possibly only behind Pele
And you think I’m hyping him…
Wow

Ha ha
He literally is the top scorer in European football this season
Has more golden boots than any player ever to come from these shores and I’d guess possibly only behind Pele
And you think I’m hyping him…
Wow

I’m fully aware of his record. I’m talking about his record in knockout games and his overall play in this tournament and pretty much every tournament he has ever played for England not being anywhere near what he produces for club. I stand by it, you wouldn’t be defending him as much if he played for any other club.

I’m fully aware of his record. I’m talking about his record in knockout games and his overall play in this tournament and pretty much every tournament he has ever played for England not being anywhere near what he produces for club. I stand by it, you wouldn’t be defending him as much if he played for any other club.

I don’t defend him
I contextualise the issue as to why the team are poor and the fact that the strikers never got the ball

Back