• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

well I think your nuts
I don’t defend him
I contextualise the issue as to why the team are poor and the fact that the strikers never got the ball

But he doesn’t even get in the box even when we do get forward. He created next to nothing, wasn’t winning anything in the air. I then mentioned his form for Spurs in finals and semis and you mentioned the one time Son got played out of position. What about the other finals he played in for us? Why is there such a contrast between his performances in the league and his output in win or go home games? He’s a complete non-factor regardless of whether the team is set up to get the best out of him or not. If we get to another final I hope Kane isn’t in the starting lineup.

But he doesn’t even get in the box even when we do get forward. He created next to nothing, wasn’t winning anything in the air. I then mentioned his form for Spurs in finals and semis and you mentioned the one time Son got played out of position. What about the other finals he played in for us? Why is there such a contrast between his performances in the league and his output in win or go home games? He’s a complete non-factor regardless of whether the team is set up to get the best out of him or not. If we get to another final I hope Kane isn’t in the starting lineup.

Sorry
I give up
You win

FA are expecting Southgate to resign apparently. No real shock

Correct decision. Was the right person for the job when he was hired. Now we need someone who plays progressive football to get the best out of the attacking players we have which is undoubtedly the strength of the team.

I bet the next person doesn't go Semi, Final, Quarter, Final in their first 4 tournaments.
Possibly
What we do know is they will have an outstanding group of young players that have been developed by clubs and lots will have tonnes of experience
The only person possibly lacking the experience may be the manager

Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager Eddie Howe will be one of the leading candidates to become England manager if current boss Gareth Southgate steps down. Former England midfielders Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard are also possible contenders. (Guardian)
Please stay Gareth 🙏

I bet the next person doesn't go Semi, Final, Quarter, Final in their first 4 tournaments.
This is not a snarky comment but an honest question... If Southgate stayed on and continued this form of maybe semifinal, final, quarters, beating all the lower ranked sides and maybe coming up short in the big games, but continued going deep in tournaments, Would you be happy/more than happy, satisfied with that? Or would there be a point when you could imagine getting frustrated?

That's an honest question, no right or wrong answers etc. Should we just chill out and accept that going deep is actually an achievement in itself and that not embarrassing ourselves like previous managers have makes it worth it, or should we take a risk and go through another 2 or 3 coaches and more than likely suffer some up and downs again trying to find a winning formula?

For the pro Southgate fans what do you think...?

This is not a snarky comment but an honest question... If Southgate stayed on and continued this form of maybe semifinal, final, quarters, beating all the lower ranked sides and maybe coming up short in the big games, but continued going deep in tournaments, Would you be happy/more than happy, satisfied with that? Or would there be a point when you could imagine getting frustrated?

That's an honest question, no right or wrong answers etc. Should we just chill out and accept that going deep is actually an achievement in itself and that not embarrassing ourselves like previous managers have makes it worth it, or should we take a risk and go through another 2 or 3 coaches and more than likely suffer some up and downs again trying to find a winning formula?

I’d take the higher average performance.

Better to be in semi’s and finals regularly than to win it once then bomb out in the group stage the next three times imo.

I’d rather take a risk and get a progressive manager who can utilise the attacking players we have better. It’s not really a risk at this point as we’ve not won anything with Southgate. I think the question is could another manager have got the same results as Southgate? I’d say absolutely yes they could. Not saying we should be winning things but he’s not done anything spectacular or beaten any top teams other than Germany which was at home. His results have been solid and the bulk of his good work has been done behind the scenes, making the team more likeable, more resilient etc. But the actual performances and matches are dull and we rarely control games like you would expect a top team to do. I think had we won on Sunday then he would have earned the right to carry on and I don’t think we should sack him but he should do the decent thing and step aside and let someone else take the team on.

Officially gone. No bitterness or animosity from me. Overall did a very good job but it’s the correct decision in the end to walk away and let another manager take this team forward. Took the job when the team was at a low ebb so he deserves credit.

Officially gone. No bitterness or animosity from me. Overall did a very good job but it’s the correct decision in the end to walk away and let another manager take this team forward. Took the job when the team was at a low ebb so he deserves credit.

Yeh offered good stability, was probably the right guy given his U21s stint to work the youth through. I do think his cautious by nature temperament has meant our runs have been par for the course more than outstanding and dynamic, I think it also showed in both finals, especially being ahead against Italy.

He goes with a great record and should be proud, but its time to give someone else a crack

Back