• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

you say that but those teams give everyone a hard game
You don’t get whipping boys in Europe

Neither are Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay or Colombia. Even Mexico give a good account of themselves normally. I accept the standard has dropped but I’d rather face Serbia than Argentina or Uruguay.

Neither are Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay or Colombia. Even Mexico give a good account of themselves normally. I accept the standard has dropped but I’d rather face Serbia than Argentina or Uruguay.
Argentina are at the higher end though
And you rarely, if ever get more than 2 top teams and a couple more decent ones in that competition
You get a lot more in Europe
Germany, France, Spain, England are all on par with the best over there from what ive seen

If true, I do wonder how much of that would be to do with lack of a suitable replacement.

Amongst all of the wailing / moaning, when pressed for a potential candidate, the only person I've seen suggested was Ancelotti, which I am still trying to work out if it was a joke.

I said way back before the tournament it felt win or lose like it was coming to the end of the era, but if there's only stop gap replacements and the players want to continue working with Southgate then change for change's sake probably doesn't make sense.

Looks like we might have to put up with a disgraceful set up that have to audacity to get to consecutive finals as well as taking stands against discrimination, being good role models in general, the utter fudging bastards!

If true, I do wonder how much of that would be to do with lack of a suitable replacement.

Amongst all of the wailing / moaning, when pressed for a potential candidate, the only person I've seen suggested was Ancelotti, which I am still trying to work out if it was a joke.

I said way back before the tournament it felt win or lose like it was coming to the end of the era, but if there's only stop gap replacements and the players want to continue working with Southgate then change for change's sake probably doesn't make sense.

Looks like we might have to put up with a disgraceful set up that have to audacity to get to consecutive finals as well as taking stands against discrimination, being good role models in general, the utter fudging bastards!
Pochettino is the obvious candidate. He's already worked with the majority of the current players, has developed more English players for the national team than anyone over the last decade, and plays an aggressive front-footed style.

Pochettino is the obvious candidate. He's already worked with the majority of the current players, has developed more English players for the national team than anyone over the last decade, and plays an aggressive front-footed style.

He'll bring the bottling it back as well.

His teams have always been exceptional at that.

We want our England back, none of this overachieving and winning penalty shootouts nonsense, that's not cricket.

Southgate has been superb for England imo. Ok they haven’t quite got over the line but they’ve consistently gone further than all the previous generations apart from one. Also there’s a humility about them that’s been lacking in the past and the way Southgate conducts himself is a big part of that. Kane is also a leader in that respect.

How is the vibe in England today? Lots of drunks everywhere singing England songs surely? Would've loved to have been there somewhere today. Hope you all enjoy the occasion. :)

How is the vibe in England today? Lots of drunks everywhere singing England songs surely? Would've loved to have been there somewhere today. Hope you all enjoy the occasion. :)
I’ve actually not noticed anything yet. I do live in a small village though.

Plenty of talk up in Scotland about how they want Spain to win or will never hear the end of it. Which is ironic as that's all I hear 🙉

What are your predictions for tonight?

I'm going for Spain 3-1, sincerely hope I'm wrong, will not watch until kick off, far too much chat on media today. Hoping everyone behaves themselves whatever the result.

Why don’t Scotland get their own coverage ffs.

Seen a couple of flags today anyway. Probably been put away after that first half.

Back