• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I think he has been ok
But been hyped up because of how static the team has been
Wharton would have been even bette because he passes forward a lot more
Mainoo played as a CM in the tens that conceded the most chances of any team in a big league in Europe
That’s not all on him of course but that stat alone is alarming.
He had a good game vs Switzerland though for sure
i watched quite a lot of man u and mainoo didn't shy away from taking responsibility and initiative, that is with prima donnas as team mates. It didn't surpise me that he did better than Foden in the Euros. With Emirates Marketing Project, Foden was part of a well oiled system (England is not) where as Mainoo and Amad had to play ball with a dysfunctional group.

i watched quite a lot of man u and mainoo didn't shy away from taking responsibility and initiative, that is with prima donnas as team mates. It didn't surpise me that he did better than Foden in the Euros. With Emirates Marketing Project, Foden was part of a well oiled system (England is not) where as Mainoo and Amad had to play ball with a dysfunctional group.
It was dysfunctional for sure
That’s why I think players who run a lot can excel.
I didn’t watch too much of United but i did see them against palace where Wharton ran the show without really touching the ball
I don’t think mainoo will be anywhere near the England side in the next 2/3 years and even now it still feels to me like club bias
If im wrong, I’ll hold my hands up
And I wouldn’t compare him with Foden… very different role for a start
Foden would/should be compared to saka and Bellingham. Both who have done better than him despite him being the superior player IMO
Again… that’s a big part of the issue with the guy in charge for me. I’d be really worried if i was a coach and I can’t get the guy that was deemed to be the best player in the league performing

we got rid of bale then went to the champions league final soon after.
i enjoyed the football when bale was around but enjoyed it better with poch and a younger team.

until we have or can afford to have all round quality and depth, i think upgrading the entire team's performance should take priority. i.e. keep upgrading the weakest links. of course, you may prefer otherwise.. i have no problem with that.
Soon after Bale? It was 6 years after he left and let's be honest, we lucked into that final.

The period when Pochs team was at its best was due to Kane coming through and a few cheap buys that turned out to be gems, nothing really to do with selling Bale and investing that money.

I think we both agree that we need to improve the weakest link, I just don't agree that you get rid of your strongest links to do it. It should be done by the astute buys of young players that we seem to be doing again.

Again going off topic, if you want to discuss it further in a more relevant thread then fine, but really leaving it there this time.

I like to take a positive view on teams I follow and am hopeful of a good result, but listening and watching on radio and TV this morning I think the nation has gone nuts, the general opinion seems to be we'll win tonight and go on to win the cup, I sincerely hope we do and as I heard someone say on the radio back in '66 England were very average up until the semi final victory over Portugal, this team don't seem to know what they are supposed to be doing unlike Ramsey's team. "It's football Jim but not as we know it"

No way are we beating Spain (if we get there), unless we do what they did to Beckham and Rooney when they were a threat, and take Yamal out of the game!

I play with it, but he’s Englands most successful manager ever, by a fudging mile.

If he can adapt and get the best out of the players he has available, I have no issues in keeping him on.

It's when he was trying to play the same way he did years ago with different type of players.

I felt after he was forced to change tactics in the last game we saw some better progress. Today our formation base position was much higher and it helped us a lot. Mainoo and Rice were so much closer to the attackers - we had pace to burn in the backline and Saka is not having to defend much.

Foden getting more in the game as he had players around him, and so Kane as well.
Im assuming he will start shaw on sunday now. I still thinks its kind of mad TAA is not our Right wing back.
having Palmer, toney, Watkins etc available for us is a massive plus.

I have some belief now. Its odd. lol

That's the first England game I've enjoyed in the tournament, thought we played really well in first half and shower good spirit, Tippier still driving me mad at LWB I'd rather see Pickford there. Good to see a game where both teams wanted to win.

Was it Davidson Sanchez against the arse where one of their pricks had a shot from slightly wide out, he made contact afterwards and a pen was given?

Thought that decision was crazy, and last night was the first time I’ve seen anything vaguely similar given as a penalty.

I think the prob is consistency. If “it’s a foul elsewhere on the pitch” means it’s a penalty then fine. But we have had decades of strikers getting clobbered after a shot and nothing given.

Prob needs clarification in the rules imo my pref would be if it impedes the shot it’s a pen & in this case it def interfered with Kanes follow through.

Back