• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I want Poch back

We finished 4th, the same thing that Conte was lauded for last season.... We also did that while going all the way to the CL final and I think towards the end we were prioritising trying to win a trophy (for once). All of that was after having zero new signings, losing a key first team squad member in Dembele and also having a huge number of our team go all the way to the WC Semi final and final.

We were 14th in the league when he was sacked. The tail end of the season before also saw us lose a lot more than we were winning. Zero signings? We'd just brought in ndombelle and lo celso to appease him.

Conte is still the best manager we could have just now, he is the man for the job.
But honestly I would take clampbell and finishing 16th for a season if it achieved clearing out the stables and starting a fresh.
Someone at the club has to lay down a marker and say this is no longer acceptable.

In reality, what would that look like?

A lot of things are widely reported and never come to pass.
Gattuso for example.
Rightly or wrongly poch invested in the club emotionally and it no doubt affected his judgment on what he was prepared to put up with.
Poch was not blameless for what went wrong, but he is also not fully responsible for it going wrong.

Agree, a lot of the players had a terrible attitude and Poch seemed to have lost the players faith in him.

I think it's a bit premature to call for Conte's head, but I agree that the football this season has not been fun to watch. I always do something else while watching our games these days, as they're so boring to watch. If nothing else though, Conte should be able to squeeze some cash out of Levy for new players for at least the next transfer window.

We were 14th in the league when he was sacked. The tail end of the season before also saw us lose a lot more than we were winning. Zero signings? We'd just brought in ndombelle and lo celso to appease him.

We were 3 points from 5th having already played away to Arsenal Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project.

14th is complete misdirection.

Last edited:
Yep... 14th after a quarter of the season. Still time for him to improve results as he got to integrate his new players (and the club still hadn't given him enough of those either IMO)

The previous season we finished 4th (and reached the final of the CL) with the 6th biggest wage bill in the PL and probably about the 17th or 18th biggest transfer spend, with zero incoming players, one important first team player sold and most of the first team going all the way to the end of the World Cup the summer before. It was absolutely incredible that Spurs were able to finish 4th and get to a CL final in those circumstances.
Yes, we (finally) splashed out on some players in the summer before he was sacked but then sacked him before he could actually really use those players due to them arriving late and injured. Absolute bonkers it was. Though I get that the few on here who desperately wanted Mourinho will struggle to admit even now how bonkers our club's actions were back then.

We were 3 points from 5th having already played away to Arsenal Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project.

14th is a complete misdirection

Haha i don't want Poch back but you are spot on about this. Loads of Joseites loved telling me he turned us around, he won a couple of games and we shot up table, it wasn't us languishing off the pace as people like to make out.

I'm fully behind Conte so don't want Poch back, but equally that doesn't mean we have to lie about how good for this club Poch was...because he was phenome

Haha i don't want Poch back but you are spot on about this. Loads of Joseites loved telling me he turned us around, he won a couple of games and we shot up table, it wasn't us languishing off the pace as people like to make out.

I'm fully behind Conte so don't want Poch back, but equally that doesn't mean we have to lie about how good for this club Poch was...because he was phenome

Such a great turn around that we finished the season *checks notes* 3 points from 5th :eek: :D

14th is complete misdirection.

From feb 22 we won 6 drew 7 lost 10 in the league. That form would work out at 41 points for the season.

I think it's a bit premature to call for Conte's head, but I agree that the football this season has not been fun to watch. I always do something else while watching our games these days, as they're so boring to watch. If nothing else though, Conte should be able to squeeze some cash out of Levy for new players for at least the next transfer window.

It’s insane to call for Contes head. We’re 4th and in the CL. He got us 4th last year. He’s an elite level manager. He’s dealing with a ridiculous fixture list and has a bunch of injuries.

There is an undertone but I don’t believe many want him to go. Those that do need to give their head a wobble.

Poch was brilliant for us of that there is no doubt but he had gone stale and lost a few of the players( now some of that was down to the players but he has to take some of the blame) and as i have said personally i would have given him to the end of the season to see IF he could have turned it round. But bringing him back? no way thanks.

From feb 22 we won 6 drew 7 lost 10 in the league. That form would work out at 41 points for the season.
Why are you looking at the previous season? We qualified for the CL via league position and got to the CL final that season. That was probably the most successful season we ever had under ENIC (and achieved in circumstances no other manager has had at Spurs - with zero new players and one sold along with the World Cup the summer before and so many of our key players going all the way in that).

It’s insane to call for Contes head. We’re 4th and in the CL. He got us 4th last year. He’s an elite level manager. He’s dealing with a ridiculous fixture list and has a bunch of injuries.

There is an undertone but I don’t believe many want him to go. Those that do need to give their head a wobble.

Asides from the opening post, which should be dismissed for obvious reasons, i don't think anyone has said they want him sacked?

Why are you looking at the previous season? We qualified for the CL via league position and got to the CL final that season. That was probably the most successful season we had under ENIC (and achieved with zero new players and one sold).

The tail off that season obviously in part due to the lack of signings & the record number of players that had gone deep in the world cup - there's a real effort from those who want to justify the sacking of Pochettino to ignore context

Edit : not to mention the delsys in moving in to the stadium that were draining for everyone as it was a can that got kicked down the road month by month throughout the season.

No but form is. Which is what i was talking about.

Again i thought poch should have been given more time, but i can understand (not agree with) why he was sacked.
Because our chairman allowed himself to be seduced by Mourinho? (even though his star was massively on the wane by then).

The tail off that season obviously in part due to the lack of signings & the record number of players that had gone deep in the world cup - there's a real effort from those who want to justify the sacking of Pochettino to ignore context

Yeh all those ignoring the fact we finished 4th and trying to act like there is some kind of weird imaginary cup played over two seasons.

And let's be real about Poch, he had money in the bank, more than we paid him back.

The players went stale but in fairness were stale, proven under two more managers, Toby and Jan's legs had gone, Winks injuries caught up with him, Dembele had gone, Wanyama had gone.

He was spot on with the nice house sh1t IKEA furniture

Why are you looking at the previous season? We qualified for the CL via league position and got to the CL final that season. That was probably the most successful season we ever had under ENIC (and achieved in circumstances no other manager has had at Spurs - with zero new players and one sold along with the World Cup the summer before and so many of our key players going all the way in that).

Because that is what levy will look at. If you see the form of the team declining and the manager isn't turning it around levy will sack them. It's how he has worked for 20 years.

In reality, what would that look like?

That's a very complicated question, mainly in my opinion because there is no one large issue but several smaller ones.
It also is not limited to the squad but looks to me to be throughout the club.
Everything is in place for us to succeed, but its almost as if we think just having it in place will make it happen.
You still need to make it happen, success seldom happens by accident.
I would add that success for us is also very poorly defined. Which i don't think helps, its difficult to achieve goals if those goals are nebulous.

Back