• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I want Poch back

I honestly think it is the club.
We are not ruthless enough.

I don't know what the term is but you seem to be looking for an excuse that's out of our control to blame it all on , like a curse or hoodoo or whatever when the answer is simply that we have not bought enough players that are good enough over too long a period of time. No amount of mentality from the top down is going to make up for a lack footballing ability on the pitch.

They buy quality players across the board, we don't - we buy brick and then blame the few bits of quality we do have for not dragging the rest through all the time.

nah, just as many placeholders in the Madrid squad imo

they rely on Modric and Benzema, they have some dodgy defenders and an absolutely atrocious keeper

at what stage does that come in though, it can't be Levy, he's given us the best of everything we can afford, he doesn't think we are small, he didn't build a europa league stadium, or training ground, he's never held money back, what comes in goes straight back out again

I think some in the squad have that attitude, but it's not the chairman or the manager

I love levy, for me one the best things to happen to the club in the 40 years I've followed them.
But i do feel he has an inferiority complex or imposter syndrome at times.

I love levy, for me one the best things to happen to the club in the 40 years I've followed them.
But i do feel he has an inferiority complex or imposter syndrome at times.

I don't think his actions back that up, I think he thinks (quite rightly) that he's the only chairman in football doing things the right way, and that he's doing a brilliant job, being undermined by the mentally weak underlings repeatedly grasping defeat from the jaws of victory

I don't know what the term is but you seem to be looking for an excuse that's out of our control to blame it all on , like a curse or hoodoo or whatever when the answer is simply that we have not bought enough players that are good enough over too long a period of time. No amount of mentality from the top down is going to make up for a lack footballing ability on the pitch.

Tongue in cheek, we're cursed!
I think we (as in the club) accept mediocrity from staff and players who can do better, and it would appear to me its because we don't want to upset anyone.
It doesn't take long for that become known and be absused.

Tongue in cheek, we're cursed!
I think we (as in the club) accept mediocrity from staff and players who can do better, and it would appear to me its because we don't want to upset anyone.
It doesn't take long for that become known and be absused.

Yeah this is what i mean, we are mediocre because that is the level of squad we have put together - if we were to go out and build a strong team/squad and keep them together for more than 5 minutes things would change.

Yeah this is what i mean, we are mediocre because that is the level of squad we have put together - if we were to go out and build a strong team/squad and keep them together for more than 5 minutes things would change.

Its the ease of the acceptance of the mediocrity that gets me.
The Eriksen situation highlighted it for me, he stunk the place out at the end.
He wanted to go, we should have let him go, we should have actively invited him to go, but levy almost begged him to stay.
The narrative that we don't win trophies is too deeply embedded and to easy an excuse. Levy is trying his best to change that, but for me he needs stop trying to be everyone's friend and start laying down the law.

Let's be honest, after the summer, whilst many would have said we haven't strengthened to the level we would go toe to toe with Emirates Marketing Project or Liverpool did we really expect such regression in our play? Can we REALLY justify today's loss and (more importantly) performance on the level of our squad?

Its the ease of the acceptance of the mediocrity that gets me.
The Eriksen situation highlighted it for me, he stunk the place out at the end.
He wanted to go, we should have let him go, we should have actively invited him to go, but levy almost begged him to stay.
The narrative that we don't win trophies is too deeply embedded and to easy an excuse. Levy is trying his best to change that, but for me he needs stop trying to be everyone's friend and start laying down the law.

Eriksen was special though, had he just flicked that switch in his head he'd have been unstoppable.

He frustrated the fudge out of me, but only because he had so much unfulfilled potential.

Let's be honest, after the summer, whilst many would have said we haven't strengthened to the level we would go toe to toe with Emirates Marketing Project or Liverpool did we really expect such regression in our play? Can we REALLY justify today's loss and (more importantly) performance on the level of our squad?

I don't know if justify is the right word, but we've seen this kind of thing consistently over the clubs existence, nobody is surprised by the result

I don't know if justify is the right word, but we've seen this kind of thing consistently over the clubs existence, nobody is surprised by the result

The result? Yes, a cup game you can win or lose.
The performance by the players? VERY worrying indeed!
Sadly, it could be a watershed moment and it would probably have had less effect on the club and its morale if we'd lost by playing a clearly weakened team and Conte said something along the lines of "Trophies are for egos" or some other crap..

The result? Yes, a cup game you can win or lose.
The performance by the players? VERY worrying indeed!
Sadly, it could be a watershed moment and it would probably have had less effect on the club and its morale if we'd lost by playing a clearly weakened team and Conte said something along the lines of "Trophies are for egos" or some other crap..

I didn't watch the game tonight, so can't comment specifically, but in the 35 odd years I've been watching Spurs, the last embarrassing defeat to an, on paper, inferior side, was never that long ago

Eriksen was special though, had he just flicked that switch in his head he'd have been unstoppable.

He frustrated the fudge out of me, but only because he had so much unfulfilled potential.

He was, but he wanted a fresh challenge, his heart wasn't with us anymore. Was doing nobody any good.
We lack that ruthless edge, we want everything to be lovely and perfect.

He was, but he wanted a fresh challenge, his heart wasn't with us anymore. Was doing nobody any good.
We lack that ruthless edge, we want everything to be lovely and perfect.

damn right we do, and none of us should be happy until it is, we're not going to win anything first, but we can win it better

I miss the guy with all my heart. We have never been as united as when he was here - he embodied us, and always will.

But even I can say that it would be a mistake to bring him back now, solely because of an awful October/early November.

Conte is stubborn. It is his greatest flaw, or also maybe his greatest strength. But this malaise we are in precedes him. It preceded the abominable Mourinho.

It was around at the tail end of Poch's tenure, and has carried on ever since. We are simply carrying too many terrible, mentally inconsistent footballers.

Sanchez. Dier. Davies. Sessegnon. Royal. Lucas. Some have come in post-Poch, but the problem is the same - we needed to clear them all out and replace them with actually skilled players a long time ago. That we still rely on them is exactly why we are here today.

As long as Dier, for instance, keeps starting games, we will achieve nothing. With Poch, or without him.

And I say this despite being 100% behind bringing Poch back tomorrow if he wanted to come.

Back