• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I want Poch back

I don't want poch back until we get rid of hugo, dier, kane and son.
Our captain, vice captain and two senior players who should be setting the tone and an example yet often look as clueless or lifeless as the rest.
Time to clear out, move on and rebuild.
Davies, Moura and Sanchez.

I don't want poch back until we get rid of hugo, dier, kane and son.
Our captain, vice captain and two senior players who should be setting the tone and an example yet often look as clueless or lifeless as the rest.
Time to clear out, move on and rebuild.

I gave that a like, but I'd take Dier's name out, it can't be him, the other three are serial under performers though, and often the first to talk gonad*s about lessons learned post match*

*less so Son to be fair

Davies, Moura and Sanchez.

Yep them too, but really they are make weights.
i don't know another club with our aspirations that would hero worship some of those players the way we do when you look at their record.
Take tonight, arsenal are distracted by the league, Liverpool have problems and play the kids early on, Chelsea and city play each other and utd are jekyll and hyde. We really should have been up for this, and yet.......

I gave that a like, but I'd take Dier's name out, it can't be him, the other three are serial under performers though, and often the first to talk gonad*s about lessons learned post match*

*less so Son to be fair
Dier talks more than any of them tbf

The issue isn't having players from a few years back, that's pretty standard, the issue is when your back ups become first choice over time as you have regressed, step forward Sanchez Dier Davies and for a period of time Moura too though that period is over. No shame in the likes of Kane Son & Hugo still being here and getting minutes as they have the quality to justify it, though for at least two of them that is in question.

Yep them too, but really they are make weights.
i don't know another club with our aspirations that would hero worship some of those players the way we do when you look at their record.
Take tonight, arsenal are distracted by the league, Liverpool have problems and play the kids early on, Chelsea and city play each other and utd are jekyll and hyde. We really should have been up for this, and yet.......

Were the players not up for this? Or have they had all manner of creativity/skill/impulse/risk taking trained out of them?
We now look and play like a decent walking football league team

*less so Son to be fair

I disagree, none of them are bad players, (massive understatement for some of them), but they have been here too long and are to comfortable.
Its to easy for them to not take the blame or responsibility because its spurs, they don't win trophies.
Not my fault guvnor.

Were the players not up for this? Or have they had all manner of creativity/skill/impulse/risk taking trained out of them?
We now look and play like a decent walking football league team

We look the same as we did end of poch, most of jose and pretty much all of nuno.
Can't always be the manager.

We look the same as we did end of poch, most of jose and pretty much all of nuno.
Can't always be the manager.

A club can appoint several managers on the spin and get them all wrong/the fit be wrong - it doesn't have to mean what you are implying

Last edited:
A club can appoint several managers on the spin and get them all wrong/the fit be wrong

Very true, and at least one the above managers were very wrong.
I have also said for a long time that this starts higher up than the squad, in my honest opinion there is an air around the club of fear of success.
A mindset that we aren't ready yet, that we are to small to challenge.
The stadium was the key, now we have three doped clubs that can dwarf our revenue, along with utd and Liverpool.
There's always an excuse.
Money matters, but sometimes when you have an opportunity you need to be prepared to grab it.
I think that bleeds down.

A club can appoint several managers on the spin and get them all wrong/the fit be wrong - it doesn't have to mean what you are implying

that would suggest the problem is the club rather than the managers though

it doesn't seem to matter who Madrid appoint, or how old most of the squad is, they still walk the CL every year

How long did it take klopp to get liverpool playing the way he wanted? Fergie, utd, fudge, arteta with arsenal.

If you don't give them time then we'll never be good.
4 years with klopp after he cleaned out the old guard
Arteta is in season 4 too

that would suggest the problem is the club rather than the managers though

it doesn't seem to matter who Madrid appoint, or how old most of the squad is, they still walk the CL every year

I honestly think it is the club.
We are not ruthless enough.

Very true, and at least one the above managers were very wrong.
I have also said for a long time that this starts higher up than the squad, in my honest opinion there is an air around the club of fear of success.
A mindset that we aren't ready yet, that we are to small to challenge.
The stadium was the key, now we have three doped clubs that can dwarf our revenue, along with utd and Liverpool.
There's always an excuse.
Money matters, but sometimes when you have an opportunity you need to be prepared to grab it.
I think that bleeds down.

at what stage does that come in though, it can't be Levy, he's given us the best of everything we can afford, he doesn't think we are small, he didn't build a europa league stadium, or training ground, he's never held money back, what comes in goes straight back out again

I think some in the squad have that attitude, but it's not the chairman or the manager

Back