• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

One thing about the Michu incident does highlight that Vertonghen and Gallas aren't communicating too well together - one seems to look to play the offside (Gallas), while the other is looking to cover (Vertonghen). This meant the ball was played behind them quite easily. Anyway, Lloris was great when it mattered yesterday. A good 'keeper needs to keep his concentration up for the whole match, and in a very tricky situation he managed to not only clear the ball and danger, but set up a counter as well!

Walker was the player that kept Michu onside. Both Gallas and Vertonghen kept a high line and played him offside.

Hugo Lloris has admitted he has had to adapt to the English game after joining Tottenham from Lyon in August.

The Frenchman, who will face his former side in the last 32 of the Europa League, signed for £12million but initially struggled to displace Brad Friedel as Andre Villas-Boas’ No 1.

But Lloris is confident he is now up to speed with the Premier League.

‘Football is universal,’ he told the Times. ‘There are certain characteristics, such as crosses, high balls, duels on the pitch and fighting spirit which are part of the English football. Here it is faster, with higher intensity.

‘Being a keeper isn’t just about being a player,’ he said. ‘It’s about a mindset, being rigorous in your work, brave. I don’t like to wait for the game to come to me, to have it imposed on me. I like to attack the ball, to play quite high up the pitch and to close the attacking players down where possible.’

Lloris credited Lyon with developing his career but admitted he was ready to leave for a new challenge.

‘I needed to move on to the next stage in my career,’ he added. ‘Coming to Tottenham was a great opportunity for me. During my time at Lyons I developed as a man and a sportsman into what I am today.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2251516/Hugo-Lloris-adapting-Premier-League-Tottenam.html

Hugo Lloris has admitted he has had to adapt to the English game after joining Tottenham from Lyon in August.

The Frenchman, who will face his former side in the last 32 of the Europa League, signed for £12million but initially struggled to displace Brad Friedel as Andre Villas-Boas’ No 1.

‘Football is universal,’ he told the Times. ‘There are certain characteristics, such as crosses, high balls, duels on the pitch and fighting spirit which are part of the English football. Here it is faster, with higher intensity.

‘Being a keeper isn’t just about being a player,’ he said. ‘It’s about a mindset, being rigorous in your work, brave. I don’t like to wait for the game to come to me, to have it imposed on me. I like to attack the ball, to play quite high up the pitch and to close the attacking players down where possible.’

Lloris credited Lyon with developing his career but admitted he was ready to leave for a new challenge.

‘I needed to move on to the next stage in my career,’ he added. ‘Coming to Tottenham was a great opportunity for me. During my time at Lyons I developed as a man and a sportsman into what I am today.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2251516/Hugo-Lloris-adapting-Premier-League-Tottenam.html

I like that attitude.

This should serve as a timely reminder to all those who thought that Lloris should have been given first team starts from the moment he signed with us.

It takes time to adjust to the pace of the Premier League and to a new club - Lloris had to do both.

Walker was the player that kept Michu onside. Both Gallas and Vertonghen kept a high line and played him offside.

Well there's a shock! Walker might be capable of many things but he does get caught keeping opposition onside too often. I'm pretty sure he was at fault for the QPR goal as he played them onside? I know, I know, 1 goal but it's an example of the weakness in his game which I criticise and even if I cannot immediately think of other examples, it isn't an isolated incident.

Another superb display by Hugo yesterday, and I still say AVB was wrong not to play him earlier than he did, this guy is absolute quality.

superb?

he had no saves to make did he? and his distribution was hit and miss.

He did make one good save, but mostly didn't need to as he dominated his box and the fearsome Stoke aerial assault that has undone us and so many others over the years

So yes superb attacking goalkeeping at his finest - another clean sheet his sixth so far I think, you know the thing that Brad hasn't managed once this season

Stick stay at home Brad in goal yesterday, you'd have seen a goal by Stoke I'm pretty sure The defence would have been panicking without the solidity and quality of Hugo in goal

He did make one good save, but mostly didn't need to as he dominated his box and the fearsome Stoke aerial assault that has undone us and so many others over the years

So yes superb attacking goalkeeping at his finest - another clean sheet his sixth so far I think, you know the thing that Brad hasn't managed once this season

Stick stay at home Brad in goal yesterday, you'd have seen a goal by Stoke I'm pretty sure The defence would have been panicking without the solidity and quality of Hugo in goal

A combination of him and Caulker nearly cost us a goal again.

Back