• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris admits he was 'terrified' after a heavy collision with Swansea's Michu on Sunday left the Spanish forward on the ground.

The France international accidentally clashed with the Swans' top scorer during Spurs' 1-0 win at White Hart Lane after coming off his goal-line to punch clear.

Michu initially lay motionless on the ground but was able to continue after being checked over.

Referee Mike Dean allowed play to go on during the incident and Andros Townsend almost scored a second for the hosts.

But Lloris was more concerned over his opponent, telling The Sun: "I was terrified when I saw him on the ground. I had to go for it and impose myself.

"I made the decision to punch and unfortunately there was a big collision."

The keeper added: "It's OK, he got up and it was more a fear than injury. I asked him several times, he said there's no problem."

From France Football:

"From the beginning, I'm adaptation. That is to drive in game or off the field, I discovered many things. This is a great adventure both on the human and professional, "said Lloris after meeting won (1-0) to Swansea

Noticing that the 'sweeper keeper, what a ridiculous idea' jokes and statements have dried up around here.

Lloris has been brilliant for us I think, class above. Fills me with confidence even though I know a fudge up is coming with him coming off his line as much as he is, but I prefer a keeper that comes off his line a bit too much to a keeper that stays rooted to the line. I think he has the mental toughness to deal with a fudge up or two without letting it be a detriment to his play.

Love Hugo, he's da Boss. Too small/lightweight for the Prem, I don't think so. He is brave as well as being technically brilliant. He'll give it a right go v Stoke next week. I just hope the Michu incident doesn't play on his mind, but given the Swansea player's complete recovery, hopefully it won't and shouldn't either, it was great keeping from Lloris, not a foul.

The one reason I was confident about Lloris in the PL is his willingness to come through players to get to the ball.

If you take a look at some of the youtube stuff of him pre Spurs, coming through a group of players and clattering a few is not unusual

I think we got a steal at the end of the day.

Very important interception when he collided with Michu in the end.
Perfectly timed how he hit the ball after it went inside the 16 yard box, and also how he reached it before Michu.

Small margins though, and as mentioned above, he will miss the ball at some point the way he comes rushing out. But overall I think he's performed brilliantly for us, bar a few errors. Definitely offers something different from Friedel, plus he's the future. Looking forward to seeing him in goal for us for a long time.

Love Hugo, he's da Boss. Too small/lightweight for the Prem, I don't think so. He is brave as well as being technically brilliant. He'll give it a right go v Stoke next week. I just hope the Michu incident doesn't play on his mind, but given the Swansea player's complete recovery, hopefully it won't and shouldn't either, it was great keeping from Lloris, not a foul.

But I hope it DOES play on the mind of the Stoke forward line. Might make them hesitate that split second too long when in the area.

Stoke is the lowest scoring team in the league with 15 goals so far (joint with Villa and QPR). Over on a Stoke forum I see they're pretending they're no longer a set piece team because they've scored so few goals from them. :lol:

Open play: 7
Set pieces: 6
Penalties: 1
Own goals: 1

Compared to us:

Open play: 19
Set pieces: 6
Penalties: 0
Own goals: 2
Counter attacks: 3

There is one angle of the Michu long range shot from behind the goal where both Lloris and Michu are in frame. Even before Michu hits the ball Lloris has read what he is about to do and is on his way back to cover the goal. We struck gold with this garçon.

There is one angle of the Michu long range shot from behind the goal where both Lloris and Michu are in frame. Even before Michu hits the ball Lloris has read what he is about to do and is on his way back to cover the goal. We struck gold with this garçon.

Yep I picked up that in one the replays I saw, he is so fast and agile it's an absolute joy to watch. Even if Michu's shot is goalbound he saves it.

Yep I picked up that in one the replays I saw, he is so fast and agile it's an absolute joy to watch. Even if Michu's shot is goalbound he saves it.

what happened to him with the everton goal? based on your comments above it sounds like we had lloris doppelgänger

what happened to him with the everton goal? based on your comments above it sounds like we had lloris doppelgänger

Which goal do you mean?

I might be wrong but with the Pienaar goal wan't it the case that he had the initial ball covered but Caulker took it away from him.

Re Jelavic goal, I don't know, tell me what he did wrong there.

I don't think Lloris is immune from mistakes, but I think he's probably the best keeper in the country already, I can't think of anyone better that's for sure.

I used to think Hart was the best, but he's made some terrible clangers this year, and I think Lloris is now better than him.

Oh and Hugo's way better than Brad, whereas IIRC you couldn't see much difference in them.

Which goal do you mean?

I might be wrong but with the Pienaar goal wan't it the case that he had the initial ball covered but Caulker took it away from him.

Re Jelavic goal, I don't know, tell me what he did wrong there.

I don't think Lloris is immune from mistakes, but I think he's probably the best keeper in the country already, I can't think of anyone better that's for sure.

I used to think Hart was the best, but he's made some terrible clangers this year, and I think Lloris is now better than him.

Oh and Hugo's way better than Brad, whereas IIRC you couldn't see much difference in them.

in their overall performances yes. but its clear what the differences are between those two....two differing approaches and two different skill sets between the pair.

my problem is people putting down brad just to prop hugo up. that for me is a bit annoying considering wwhat brad has done for us.

can i just mention something..the way you determine players abilities, it sounds a bit rash. your saying that you think llloris is now better than hart cause of some mistakes hart has made, whereas prior to that you thought hart was the best......

i'm just of the opinion that if you make judgements based on short ranges and micro analysis without taking the big picture into context, a persons assessments might come across flakey ..if you know what i mean. one minute its this guy...then 5 errors down the line its someone else...then they make errors then its someone else.

as for the everton goal....the header from pienaar appeared to be very soft...i am under no illusion though that it was soft. i actually think judging the flight of a downwards header can be tricky...not to mentionin a very high pressure situation like lloris was in

i definately havent seen enough of lloris or what he has done for us to say he is the best in the country. to say that so early i think is premature at best

One thing about the Michu incident does highlight that Vertonghen and Gallas aren't communicating too well together - one seems to look to play the offside (Gallas), while the other is looking to cover (Vertonghen). This meant the ball was played behind them quite easily. Anyway, Lloris was great when it mattered yesterday. A good 'keeper needs to keep his concentration up for the whole match, and in a very tricky situation he managed to not only clear the ball and danger, but set up a counter as well!

in their overall performances yes. but its clear what the differences are between those two....two differing approaches and two different skill sets between the pair.

my problem is people putting down brad just to prop hugo up. that for me is a bit annoying considering wwhat brad has done for us.

can i just mention something..the way you determine players abilities, it sounds a bit rash. your saying that you think llloris is now better than hart cause of some mistakes hart has made, whereas prior to that you thought hart was the best......

i'm just of the opinion that if you make judgements based on short ranges and micro analysis without taking the big picture into context, a persons assessments might come across flakey ..if you know what i mean. one minute its this guy...then 5 errors down the line its someone else...then they make errors then its someone else.

as for the everton goal....the header from pienaar appeared to be very soft...i am under no illusion though that it was soft. i actually think judging the flight of a downwards header can be tricky...not to mentionin a very high pressure situation like lloris was in

i definately havent seen enough of lloris or what he has done for us to say he is the best in the country. to say that so early i think is premature at best

Fair comments AS, I probably am a bit rash in my judgment-making. But for me Hugo is clearly better than Brad and I think that he will be seen soon as the best keeper in the country or at least as good as anyone else.

I think a lot of it with me is just do I like a player or not, I din't mind Brad, and think as a bloke he's a top, top guy. But it got right on my nerves him standing on his line shouting 'away', rather than dealing with the situation in a more proactive manner. Also it used to really annoy me people implying that Brad was solid while Lloris was flaky/fragile.

I saw no evidence for that at all. Brad is built like a rock true, but he's as slow as one too, and I didn't find him to be a solid keeper, rather a keeper that didn't have a clean sheet in him, something he still hasn't managed all season

Whereas I love the way Hugo keeps goal, to me he's our most exciting keeper since Big Pat, and may well to prove to be our best since him too. It's a question of football aesthetics to a certain extent, agile brave keepers like Hugo, they're a joy to watch, as long as they're not dumb with it of course.

Come May I'm pretty sure I'll be voting for Hugo as player of the season but of course a lot can happen yet.

Last edited:
Back