• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

what? 10 out of 10 keeping? he made 1 save the whole game didn't he?

this is getting ridiculous now.

Making a save as you call it is not the only thing a goalkeeper does in a game to be said he's played well. Brad, whom you worship, couldnt catch a ball from a cross if it was handed to him, while Lloris does this with ease.

Giving a 10 out of 10 rating does of course look ridiculous, but I sort of know where the guy is coming from. I see lloris doing things that Brad just didnt do, and that in turn gives you that feeling that you have a top goalkeeper on your hands. I think we do, but I just wouldnt be as gushy about it.

I think for you though, you have so much hatred for the way some feel about Lloris that you pay too much attention to that rather than anything else.

Do you think the reason he "only" had one save to make because he has been better at marshalling the defence?

As in the defence aren't as panicky because they know that they have Lloris behind them and he is the keeper that comes out etc and acts as the 5th defender? A sweeper?...

Having a keeper which gives you confidence I'm sure allows. A defence to perform better

Making a save as you call it is not the only thing a goalkeeper does in a game to be said he's played well. Brad, whom you worship, couldnt catch a ball from a cross if it was handed to him, while Lloris does this with ease.

Giving a 10 out of 10 rating does of course look ridiculous, but I sort of know where the guy is coming from. I see lloris doing things that Brad just didnt do, and that in turn gives you that feeling that you have a top goalkeeper on your hands. I think we do, but I just wouldnt be as gushy about it.

I think for you though, you have so much hatred for the way some feel about Lloris that you pay too much attention to that rather than anything else.

Making a save is making a save. It's not what i call it it is what it is "making a save".

i didn't worship Brad btw. I rated him highly and thought he was performing to a good level but i don't worship anything or anyone. If Brad has a bad game i'll openly admit but my opinion is that people are so excited about seeing Lloris that they are exaggerating his performance levels (the example being that particular rating). There are also people on the match ratings thread that have a couple of times insisted that he made "good saves" but when you ask them what saves they are referring to they don't answer (because in reality he probably had 1 save to make).

Wriggly i understand if you value catching and distribution highly and give him a good rating for that but to claim he's making good saves is simply not true imo. He's not being tested much at all in reality. So much hatred? not at all.I dislike that some people feel the need to exaggerate every little thing to justify their opinion but how can you hate someones opinion on a football forum regarding football?

what? 10 out of 10 keeping? he made 1 save the whole game didn't he?

this is getting ridiculous now.

You might think so, I don't, he was absolutely brilliant v Fulham. Command of his area, fast off his line, all the things that Brad isn't able to do, top save, and just generally awesome, I repeat 10 out of 10, a complete class above Brad, and I would say already he's the best keeper in the country.

BTW, I really like Brad, he's a top bloke, but I'm always nervous when he's in goal, because by staying so much on his line he invites trouble.

None of the clean sheets we've had so far have happened with him. I think it's 3 from Hugo and one from Carlo now for the four we've had.

Last edited:
Defoe didn't get a 10/10 from anyone for his hat-trick earlier in the season.

I'm expecting extremely good things from Lloris for him to ever produce a 10/10 performance. Fulham was not it.

Well said Wriggly. I'll gush all I like about Hugo though, the best player we've signed since Klinsmann the first time round, and a major coup for ENIC.

Do you think the reason he "only" had one save to make because he has been better at marshalling the defence?

As in the defence aren't as panicky because they know that they have Lloris behind them and he is the keeper that comes out etc and acts as the 5th defender? A sweeper?...

Having a keeper which gives you confidence I'm sure allows. A defence to perform better

I don't agree. He seems rather quiet to me so i very much doubt he's marshalling the defence. He's had 1 save to make because of utterly crap finishing from the opposition (not just this game...against Villa and pool the oppositions finishing was atrocious). Benteke and Henderson should have both easily punished him for his errors in these respective games too.

My opinion of him is that he looks like he'll be a v.good goalie for us in time but as of right now he's been decent. No actually i'll say he's been good because he dealt with aerial balls well and looks confident but as i said before, the real test comes when he actually gets tested by the opposition.

You might think so, I don't, he was absolutely brilliant v Fulham. Command of his area, fast off his line, all the things that Brad isn't able to do, top save, and just generally awesome, I repeat 10 out of 10, a complete class above Brad, and I would say already he's the best keeper in the country.

Ok mate.

Strange inference to have made.
Which comments make you think that people view giving any worth to any other keeper as being heresy?

Or are you overstating your point into hyperbole
?

that is an amazing line

can i use that? it properly describes what a lot us do on here

quality.

but i agree with onlyme. people dont necessarily crucify anyone else but they do overstate the value of lloris in comparison with other keepers

for instance when we conceed a goal...its brad friedel that conceeded it, its him that cant keep a clean sheet etc. when we keep a clean sheet with lloris in goal its lloris that keeps the clean sheet

freidel positions himself properly to make saves easier, then people say that he has nothing to do cause it was played straight at him etc etc

i do believe that for some anything that is said in favour of one side is almost immediately given a sweeping judgemnet as nonsense or amazing. depending on what side you have been debating for.

Back