• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

On a spearate note - what are Cudicini and Gomes up to at the moment?

What an utter waste of wages - should have looked at loan options, at least

Last edited:
On a spearate note - what are Cuducini and Gomes to at the moment?

Cudicini was an unused sub in our last game against Lazio.

He has started one match this season (a clean sheet v Carlisle United) and been an unused sub in 9 matches.

Gomes was an unused sub against Carlisle and has not featured in a first team squad since.

On a spearate note - what are Cudicini and Gomes up to at the moment?

Such a shame about Gomes, we should sell him for his own sake. He's not a clown like the press would lead you to believe.

Yup, I feel for Gomes too :( he showed a lot of passion and at his best made some incredible saves. I loved the way that he interacted with the crowd and his celebration of our goals too.

I think he has fragile confidence and so was unlikely to get back to his best whilst the media focus was on him. I think a loan to the Championship would have been of benefit to him. A chance to stay in the country, should he wish to do so, and rebuild his confidence whilst less under the spotlight but then what happens if he makes a howler again? Back to square 1?

Had it worked out he could have been back to challenge Lloris or moved to another top flight club.

Clean sheet yesterday. Great save from that Petric effort. And even though it doesnt count, how fast was he out to block the shot from their right winger? Noth much to do otherwise, but good when called upon. When he settles with our defence we might have a spesial talent on our hands :)

I think we've already got a special talent on our hands, I thought we had when signed for us, and was massively disappointed with AVB's treatment of him.

He put in a fantastic performance yesterday, top top 10 out of 10 keeping.

I think we might well have the best keeper since big Pat on our hands.

So people are seeing why I made such a fuss about him being left out of the team. Lloris can be our Schmeichel, winning us points with top displays.

I have no problem with any of our 4 keepers playing. It is not Gomes' fault he was injured so his wages thing is irrelevant.
I think QPR will sign one of our goalies.
I like Lloris' confidence and bouncebackability. He is the present and hopefully the future. I think AVB has played him just right. There are many arrogant Frenchmen.
Brad will always be a fave of mine and he would be my ideal bench player but ironically I hope he gets a starting gig elsewhere.

So people are seeing why I made such a fuss about him being left out of the team. Lloris can be our Schmeichel, winning us points with top displays.

I was there with you.
Again, Brad is/was a great keeper, but at 41, well, there's just things you cannot do as well anymore...

Well done if you did, I wasn't posting on here then, but if I had been I would have been with you.

I have no problem with any of our 4 keepers playing. It is not Gomes' fault he was injured so his wages thing is irrelevant.
I like Lloris' confidence and bouncebackability. He is the present and hopefully the future. I think AVB has played him just right. There are many arrogant Frenchmen.
Brad will always be a fave of mine and he would be my ideal bench player but ironically I hope he gets a starting gig elsewhere.

I have massive problems with any of our keepers starting except for Hugo, he's in a completely different league to the other 3, he's one of the best in the world, the others aren't.

I recognise occasionally he will be rested, but for all major games it's Lloris all the way.

this is what i dont get. h's a good keeper, he kept a clean sheet, he a couple of good saves.

what was the fuss about? and why? brad has done that for us for two years...i actualy didnt see anything there (save for some physical willingness to run out or come out) that i havent seen from brad for the last couple of seasons

actually thats a lie. i think he wants to take crosses significantly more than brad

AVB played tha whole thing right

Sorry, but that is simply not true. Gomes wasn't dropped because of his injury and all to do with his horrendous form at the end of 2010/11 season

It is completely unreasonable having 4 senior keepers on our pay-roll when realistically only 2 would be involved throughout the camapaign and mostly one of those 2 would be the dominant player. We much rather utlilise those wages on a quality player who can have a postiive impact on our starting 11 not our bench.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that is simply not true. Gomes wasn't dropped because of his injury and all to do with his horrendous form at the end of 2010/11 season

It is completely unreasonable having 4 senior keepers on our pay-roll when realistically only 2 would be involved throughout the camapaign and mostly one of those 2 would be the dominant player. We much rather utlisise those wages on a quality player would can have a postiive impact on our starting 11 not our bench.

Agree with this, move on Friedel and Gomes in the summer, sign a youth keeper who is 19/20 and then use Lloris as number 1 with Cudicini as back up.

Gomes should be playing elsewhere, he has the ability if he gains his confidence again. I'm sad for how it worked out for him here. I think perhaps because he had it all at PSV, came here and impressed and failed intermittently but always came across as a good guy. I think he was a hero with our crowd but his mistakes were costly. I think we can be harder than some fans, more critical, and perhaps that didn't help either.

I think we've already got a special talent on our hands, I thought we had when signed for us, and was massively disappointed with AVB's treatment of him.

He put in a fantastic performance yesterday, top top 10 out of 10 keeping.

I think we might well have the best keeper since big Pat on our hands.

what? 10 out of 10 keeping? he made 1 save the whole game didn't he?

this is getting ridiculous now.

No actually i don't see it at all.

He should be number one now i agree but AVB deserves a ridiculous amount of credit for the way he played this situation. If we're really analysing Lloris performances in the league:

Aston Villa = Had very little to do but made a silly error that should have resulted in a goal. Poor finishing saved us.

Arsenal = Conceded 5 goals and imho should have done better with 2 of them. Ok lets forget if he should have done better...he still conceded 5 goals.

Liverpool = Had very little to do in terms of saves but again made a stupid error that should have resulted in a goal. poor finishing saved us.

Fulham = Kept a clean sheet but i think he had 1 save to make the whole game.

This isn't including the ridiculous error he made which resulted in a goal in the Europa league (then again he was very good vs Lazio). Let's not exaggerate his performances as he hasn't reached these great heights people are saying he has yet. He simply hasn't been tested and the real test is when we go up against teams that actually try and attack us and actually force him to make saves.

Friedel is very much underrated, he makes things look ordinary, and I think this is the sign of a good goalkeeper. We don't need a keeper that makes saves look more difficult than they are and most managers would be happy to have a consistent keeper he can trust. That's how Friedel managed to set consecutive games record.

Lloris is the type of keepers that on his days could save us points. As pointed out by Kingdawson, he might make some seemingly errors, but since he is still young for a keeper, it won't be a surprise he will end up both consistent and game-saving one day. The best thing about Lloris is that he deals with crosses quite well, and Fergie must have regretted why he bought de Gea.

Friedel is very much underrated, he makes things look ordinary, and I think this is the sign of a good goalkeeper. We don't need a keeper that makes saves look more difficult than they are and most managers would be happy to have a consistent keeper he can trust. That's how Friedel managed to set consecutive games record.

Lloris is the type of keepers that on his days could save us points. As pointed out by Kingdawson, he might make some seemingly errors, but since he is still young for a keeper, it won't be a surprise he will end up both consistent and game-saving one day. The best thing about Lloris is that he deals with crosses quite well, and Fergie must have regretted why he bought de Gea.

Good post. I think he has it in him to turn into an excellent goalkeeper and he does look good dealing with crosses too but we're analysing what he's done so far not what he could potentially do.

Back