• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Err...a HUGO LLORIS thread chaps?!!!!! Let's not let him infiltrate everywhere. I'll even do my bit to keep it confined to the 'what next...' thread...

I think Green is better than Cesar but I think Lorry boy is better than both.

Didnt some even suggest getting Cesar?

This!!=D>=D>

Hugooooo!! Hugooooo!!

He might be our best Keeper since Thorsvedt

He'll be our best keeper since further back than Thorstvedt, trust me on that one. I know I was very vocal on here insisting that Friedel be dropped and Lloris be selected as our first keeper as Lloris is so much better but over time he will prove just that.

In hindsight I guess I can understand why AVB might have wanted to have work Lloris slowly in to the team but meanwhile we were conceding goals that Lloris would not likely have conceded. I don't think Cahill's goal would have gone in for one. I think Friedel was a boring keeper, he made the routine saves but beyond that not a lot else. He was reluctant to come for crosses and would often appear flat footed, I know that I criticised him for this last season.

Lloris has a game which is much broader in terms of his positioning, his ability to come for crosses, his technique in claiming crosses and his speed, in all of these areas he exceeds the level that Friedel could claim to have.

I really don't think it will be long before Lloris is being proclaimed as the best goalkeeper in the Premiership, I'm sure many recognise that he is amongst the top 2 or 3 already.

That isn't to say that Friedel is not a good goalkeeper, he would get in the frst 11 of most of the Premiership sides that are outside of the top 6.

He was not that great against Arsenal but reports say he was good against Lazio and I thought he was excellent against West Ham.

He was not that great against Arsenal but reports say he was good against Lazio and I thought he was excellent against West Ham.

I would argue strongly that he was undone by individual errors around him...three of those goals were softer than brick! But he was excellent against Lazio (bar 'the gamble') and on Sun he was top drawer as well...let's see tomm. He will be a busy boy and I am interested to see how hard Suarez tries to dive for a pen on him as he comes off his line (it WILL happen I just hope the ref doesn't fall for it)...

He will be a busy boy and I am interested to see how hard Suarez tries to dive for a pen on him as he comes off his line (it WILL happen I just hope the ref doesn't fall for it)...

I don't think he will be that busy but like you I have a feeling there will be a significant clash between the two.

It seems strange how a lot of you think Lloris is now number 1. I wonder what everyones reaction will be when Brad is in net for Pool?

It seems strange how a lot of you think Lloris is now number 1. I wonder what everyones reaction will be when Brad is in net for Pool?

That would be a very poor decision in my view and one, I would struggle to understand how AVB would justify in his mind

Last edited:
I came across this acrticle recently - very strange decision if true.

Then again - fudge all quotes

AVB steps in to stop Friedel's Blackburn return despite Lloris edging Spurs keeper battle

By Graeme Yorke

PUBLISHED:22:35 GMT, 22 November 2012| UPDATED: 23:46 GMT, 22 November 2012

Andre Villas-Boas has blocked Spurs goalkeeper Brad Friedel’s return to Blackburn.

Friedel, 41, has been offered a player-coach role at Ewood Park by his old team-mate Henning Berg. Blackburn hope to revive a deal in January.

Friedel was ready to give up his battle with Hugo Lloris to be Tottenham's first-choice goalkeeper and make a dramatic return to Blackburn.

Berg was in negotiations with Spurs on Wednesday over a deal that would see Friedel move back to Ewood Park on loan until January when the transfer would become permanent.

Friedel has been locked in a battle with Lloris since the France international arrived at White Hart Lane from Lyon for £8million in the summer.

Lloris was widely expected to be first-choice but, despite ending Friedel's remarkable run of 310 consecutive starts in the Premier League for Blackburn, Aston Villa and Spurs last month, Villas-Boas still seems undecided between the two.

Both he and chairman Daniel Levy are understood to be reluctant to lose Friedel but the player is tempted by an opportunity to return to the north-west, where he still has a luxury home in Cheshire, and the offer of a move into coaching

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-blocked-Andre-Villas-Boas.html#ixzz2DV8Y2oHO

Last edited:
Back