• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I raised it in the match thread, but the Lazio foward was s-l-o-w. Lloris rushing out like he did, was it down to him being aware that he'd almost certainly beat the forward to the ball? If so that is world class keeping and match preperation! Or is coming off his line like that standard behaviour and he'd do it no matter who the opposition forward is? If it's the latter he'll get punished for it at some point.

He will get punished for it because its a risky game but it also works too as he essentially becomes the sweeper the 5th defender as it were. Its what the like sof Valdes does too.

I dont mind it if it fails to work two or three times as long as it works for the other 97 or 98 times.

He will get punished for it because its a risky game but it also works too as he essentially becomes the sweeper the 5th defender as it were. Its what the like sof Valdes does too.

I dont mind it if it fails to work two or three times as long as it works for the other 97 or 98 times.
Agree with you mate, IMO the keeper has more chance of stopping a goal if he is coming out to attack the ball rather than sitting back and attempting to save it...

Good point. If it saves us more goals than it concedes then it's a worthwhile strategy.

HUGO LLORIS has told Andre Villas-Boas: Play me more if you want me at my best.

The French international made a string of world-class saves to earn Tottenham a vital point in their 0-0 Europa League draw at Lazio last night.

Lloris, 25, had said last week that he found it difficult not being the club’s No1 goalkeeper.

The former Lyon stopper has been second choice behind Brad Friedel in the league, but started last weekend’s North London derby against Arsenal.

And while he could do little to stop the free-scoring Gunners, his performance last night will give boss AVB a selection headache.

Lloris said: “I need to keep playing to get more confidence and play to my best.

“It’s good to play in European games, but I need to keep playing and I hope that I will get to play more.”

Villas-Boas’ policy of rotating his goalkeepers has angered the French camp, with head coach Didier Deschamps warning that his captain could lose match sharpness if he does not play regularly.

But Lloris knows he is seen as the long-term successor to 41-year-old Friedel and insists he will remain patient.

He added: “The coach takes the responsibility for the decisions.

“I hope I do play more games, but at the moment we are concentrating on the aims of the club.

“I am part of a team, a club and respect decisions and we are not here to create problems.

“Things are good between all four goalkeepers and the goalkeeping coach (Tony Parks) too.

“We have got some quality goalkeepers — Carlo Cudicini, Brad Friedel, and (Heurelho) Gomes too.

“We just train to our best and it’s up to the club to then decide.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4661086/Hugo-Lloris-I-need-more-games-at-Tottenham.html

I dont know if this has been mentioned,but I dont think there is a club in the world that has such a fudging quality goalkeeping lineup...All of those 4 have had alot of world class performances

He was imo the best defender on the pitch at times. But I agree he will missjudge that one day and get absolute pelters for it. But I love the way he commands the box, can hear him scream for the ball in the stands

it's not quality, it's an unsustainable situation with two being above 39 years of age, one being damaged goods and all on presumably competitive wages. It is a testament to to lack of foresight that has been apparent when it comes to building a squad that can serve the club for years to come

What exactly is Friedel better at that makes him a better choice against a team like West Ham?

Friedel for me stays on his line way too much for crosses and set pieces, coming for crosses is one of the things Lloris is quite good at. For me Lloris seems like the obvious choice.

He simply isn't yet used to playing against a team with the long ball style of West Ham and the way English refs interpret fouls on keepers . He's not gonna get the protection he's used to when coming out for it.

He simply isn't yet used to playing against a team with the long ball style of West Ham and the way English refs interpret fouls on keepers . He's not gonna get the protection he's used to when coming out for it.

That makes some sense.

I just think Friedel will stay on his line for so many of those crosses that we're better off using Lloris anyway.

I see Friedel hasn't travelled to Rmoe so presumably Lloris tonight and then Friedel again at the weekend.
Utterly mental.
It's turning into a blue-chip demonstration in how not to create a stable defensive unit by AVB.
Choose who your number one is, and stick with him.

What an utter shambles indeed.

I have to say Lloris has really won me round last few games. Was unlucky against Arsenal, but came out quickly for stuff, was superb in Rome and today was solid. No fault for the goal, he yelled a massive shout and Caulker ignored it and took the ball off him. Shame for Brad, but if LLoris keeps this up he has to play and he could be our no. 1 for years.

If Lloris is dropped on Sunday, I think we can safely say this would AVB's first major man-mangement question mark on a considerable level. Absolutely no excuses this time.

I really like him and hopefully he stays long enough to implement all his ideas and philosophies - but you do not rotate you keepers, not when one of them is about to call it a day anyway (with Spurs at least - heard strong Blackburn links in January - no ITK)

Good.
He's avoided his first major man-management question mark.

Excellent game and excellent handling. There was a miscommunication between him and Caulker but I think that's due to not playing enough together etc.

I just love that he comes out and collects the ball.

Back