• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

In goal, yes. You don't play Ben Alnwick over your best keeper do you?

I thought brad was in goal? is that ben ? i had no idea..ben has come a long way.

in goal , outfield...i support what avb is trying to do. i dont think that selection is automatic..and i think footballers should be professional.

i am all for competing for your place. you dont get to wear the shirt just cause you have a natural gift....there is much more i would hope to being a valuable contributor than that

ben has been doing really well i must.

Strange comment. As your first choice and in biggest games then yes, you choose your most talented players. Unless form, injury or attitude dictates otherwise.

taarabt is more talented than quite a few players out there.....even though years back i would have, today i wouldnt play taarabt over quite a few people

nani is more talented than valencia.....yet valencia gets the jersey

examples of talent versus intangible contributions are all over the place

if you play well and keep consistent levels then you should be just as in there with a shot than the talented guy your matching

No. Because your best keeper has been performing better than Ben Alnwick.

i'm confused now, i thought ben alnwick was in goal? getting into great positioning and saving our asses on many occasions. you shouldnt be so hard on him just cause he's like 5th choice

actually you know what. i really do hope he gets the shirt soon, preferably the next game. lets see him win us games. i'm all for it. if he wins us points the great.

he'll be bullet proof for sure though...if he doesnt play well pretty sure quite a few people will blame brad and avb somehow and not the lloris

one thing is for sure though, the lack of appreciation for a great servant , whose good deeds get TOTALLY overrun by any 'alleged' errors shouldnt continue. For freidels sake, a great pro for our club and in general he shouldnt have to be the one that takes the flak for a team game. utterly poor support of our player who as i can tell has done nothing wrong

I was all for Lloris to start.

But Friedel played well and imo it wouldn't have made much of a difference in the end.

I dont think Friedel did anything wrong today. He actually came out a bit more this game what with our high line etc

elaborate william..

lol "william"

but seriously, i dont think any of us really cares what the others think. mentally and in assessing these things we are pre disposed to think and act in a certain way. Brad had a decent game, it wasnt great and it wasnt even good but people will focus on slating him for a guy that we have no guarantee would have done any better and slating the manager for picking a premier league experienced good goalkeeper over their preferred choice

Friedel should have done better for the first goal (by coming out and closing down the angle, and force aguero to rush his finish) and he should have prevented the second, it was straight at him, completely flapped at it.

Lloris now, AVB.

Brad is just as good as last season, when everyone was full of praise for him. This Lloris love fest is just so stupid.

I was all for Lloris to start.

But Friedel played well and imo it wouldn't have made much of a difference in the end.

Of course it wouldn't have made any difference. I prefered Lloris to start this one too but friedel did well and it wouldn't have made much difference imo. It's not a mere coincidence that absolutely no media outlet, no neutral fans or anyone not connected to us has declared he's had a bad season or pointed out the mistakes he's making. It's because he's hardly making any mistakes and has been one of our better players but certain people will never accept this. They salivate at the thought of a mistake from him costing us a goal. Not to say that they want us to concede but i'm 100% sure that if and when we concede they would prefer it to come from a Friedel mistake.

His distribution was poor and felt a younger, more agile keeper could have gone down earlier for the 1st. 2nd goal was 50/50 granted

His distribution was poor because City played with two up front that sat on our cb's whenever Brad had the ball.

If Lloris had thrown to either it was more likely to create another Thursday moment.

Back