• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

The thing is I don't think he will win you over, take out his mistake last night and that's how Lloris plays, if you weren't happy with that and you felt nervous every time the ball went near him, then you won't be feeling any better going forward.

No if he carries on doing the same things but it stops leading to fudge-ups and goals conceded and he goes a few games without conceding following stupid mistakes and we start looking solid at the back and stop conceding when he plays then i will start getting confidence in him.

If he continues the way he is and it leads to a goal-conceding fudge-up once in 5-10 games then I'll think i was right to be concerned.

The Hugo Lloris and Kyle Naughton error IMO is clearly down to the left-back , okay I'd say 90% down to the left-back , 10% goalkeeper.

When Lloris found Naughton with the initial pass out, he could not have been expecting to get the ball back almost immediately . Having seen Naughton in difficulty, Lloris did the correct thing and moved to the left side of his goal anticipating the full-back's correct pass back to his left side .
But the correct pass back to the left side of the goalkeeper and goal, never came from Naughton who instead played the ball blindly to the center of the penalty box between the sticks of Lloris' goal, this was the biggest error .
Lloris mistake is that having reacted to the Kyle f**k up back pass he should've cleared with his right foot having seen the Maribor forward bearing down .

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/update/2012-11-08/replay-lloris-howler-gifts-maribor-an-equaliser/

whilst i agree that naughton fudged up, as i said in the match thread last night, a seasoned international shouldn't be putting an out of position rookie in that situation, i think Lloris trying to be cute when he should have aired it out was the primary cause of that goal

No if he carries on doing the same things but it stops leading to fudge-ups and goals conceded and he goes a few games without conceding following stupid mistakes and we start looking solid at the back and stop conceding when he plays then i will start getting confidence in him.

If he continues the way he is and it leads to a goal-conceding fudge-up once in 5-10 games then I'll think i was right to be concerned.

But my whole point was to take away the fudge up, because he clearly won't do that every game, what did he do wrong?

I see on the previous page you mention the low cross that he pushed out, what you failed to mention was that had he not have gone for that cross (and make no mistake a hell of a lot keepers wouldn't have attempted to stop the cross) it was a certain tap in for the striker from 6 yards out, so rather than say he could have caused a goal because his save went out to an opposing player (and our player) at lightening speed at over head height, you could say he stopped a certain goal?

You also mention being quick off his line to rush out and get any through balls as something that any self respecting goalkeeper does, but if that's the case why don't they?

The flapping at a cross I don't remember, but that's not to say it didn't happen.

I look forward to seeing you judge Friedel by the same criteria? and I rate Friedel by the way, but this over analysis is ridiculous (I know the pro lloris camp have done that already against Friedel, but seems the pro friedel camp are not adverse to this either?)

But my whole point was to take away the fudge up, because he clearly won't do that every game, what did he do wrong?

I see on the previous page you mention the low cross that he pushed out, what you failed to mention was that had he not have gone for that cross (and make no mistake a hell of a lot keepers wouldn't have attempted to stop the cross) it was a certain tap in for the striker from 6 yards out, so rather than say he could have caused a goal because his save went out to an opposing player (and our player) at lightening speed at over head height, you could say he stopped a certain goal?

You also mention being quick off his line to rush out and get any through balls as something that any self respecting goalkeeper does, but if that's the case why don't they?

The flapping at a cross I don't remember, but that's not to say it didn't happen.

I look forward to seeing you judge Friedel by the same criteria? and I rate Friedel by the way, but this over analysis is ridiculous (I know the pro lloris camp have done that already against Friedel, but seems the pro friedel camp are not adverse to this either?)

The way he dealt with the low cross was excellent. Got a good strong hand to it as he needed to, letting the ball run or just shifting it slightly wouldn't have done with the player coming in at the far post. No chance of holding that ball, so it came to an opponent, that happens. Could have been a lot worse had he not done what he did, that was pretty much the best option for him right there.

I remember that save very well in the game because the commentator criticized him for it and at the time I thought WTF are you on about, but seems it was enough for the seed of doubt to be stuck in peoples minds, a commentator is very powerful like that.

whilst i agree that naughton fudged up, as i said in the match thread last night, a seasoned international shouldn't be putting an out of position rookie in that situation, i think Lloris trying to be cute when he should have aired it out was the primary cause of that goal

Yep, there is no doubt Naughton could have done better but Lloris was at fault in the first place.

In the 2nd place don't you mean? 1st the pass back should never have been made and then secondly Lloris should have just hoofed it out for a throw in over Walker's head.

In the 2nd place don't you mean? 1st the pass back should never have been made and then secondly Lloris should have just hoofed it out for a throw in over Walker's head.

No Llores should never have chipped the ball to Naughton in the first place, he had his back to the play and was closed down by two opposing players. I am all for a keeper playing the ball out and keeping possession but there is a time and a place and he put Naughton under pressure when it was not needed.

was it against Carlisle when he threw the ball to one of our players without looking properly, we got away with it that time.

The Hugo Lloris and Kyle Naughton error IMO is clearly down to the left-back , okay I'd say 90% down to the left-back , 10% goalkeeper.

When Lloris found Naughton with the initial pass out, he could not have been expecting to get the ball back almost immediately . Having seen Naughton in difficulty, Lloris did the correct thing and moved to the left side of his goal anticipating the full-back's correct pass back to his left side .
But the correct pass back to the left side of the goalkeeper and goal, never came from Naughton who instead played the ball blindly to the center of the penalty box between the sticks of Lloris' goal, this was the biggest error .
Lloris mistake is that having reacted to the Kyle f**k up back pass he should've cleared with his right foot having seen the Maribor forward bearing down .

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/update/2012-11-08/replay-lloris-howler-gifts-maribor-an-equaliser/

thats how i read it, left backs fault though i dont think he is a left back so i will give naughton a bit of a break, but it was not Lloris fault he was not expecting it and nor should he have been.

I think he still had the opportunity to hoof it out for a throw towards the right hand side of the pitch, he could have got it about a quarter of the way up I reckon, around about where Walker was standing.

thats how i read it, left backs fault though i dont think he is a left back so i will give naughton a bit of a break, but it was not Lloris fault he was not expecting it and nor should he have been.

He should never have chipped it to a player who had two men close to him, i agree Naughton could have done better with it but Lloris was to blame in the first place.

Hmmm I'm not actually pro-Freidel. Just don't feel Lloris is doing enough to dislodge Freidel from his place. I do actually think we need a longer term no. 1. Freidel won't go on for much longer. However, as much as I'd like to think we didn't rush into this puchase when not everyone at the club was in agreement over it and as much as I'd like to think I'll look like a righ prick over Loris come the end of the season, I just have my doubts. I feel we could have carried on with Freidel for this season and let AVB talk with his new team over the season to decide on a long term no one everyone was happy with.

I feel like a broken record but Freidel for me has looked good for over a season and Lloris just isnt doing enough to justify dropping him. I have concerns over the purchase and his ability when compared to his price tag...I hope I'm wrong.

Naughton's left-footed so had to go inside...played the wrong ball...Lloris is left-footed, ball going to his right-foot, tried to be clever and get onto his 'good' foot and got done. Both at fault. Pass was silly, but equally, Lloris should've dealt with it better. Still think overall he's a top top keeper.

French press say Hugo Lloris is considering leaving Tottenham in January

The French press have been absolutely dying to run a story this severe regarding Hugo Lloris and Tottenham Hotspur and today they've finally got their way. L'Equipe, a grand old lady of European sport newspapers, is very respected by journalists throughout the sporting world and today says that Hugo Lloris is and should be considering an exit from the club as early as January.

It's already made it's way to football journalists using twitter and France based football writer and broadcaster Matt Spiro said this morning 'Hugo Lloris will consider leaving Tottenham in January if situation does not change before the Arsenal game on Nov 17, say L'Equipe today. Lloris asked to speak to AVB after being left out against Chelsea, received no new explanation regarding coach's stance, explains L'Equipe.'

European football writer Ben Lyttleton said 'L'Equipe moaning at #Lloris treatment by #THFC. Headline: 'This is not going to calm down...' Coupet: 'I would leave. It's untenable'.'

Coupet is not the first former France international goalkeeper to come out and speak strongly about Lloris and his situation with Tottenham Hotspur. Fabien Barthez told Le Figaro in September:

"Nothing surprises me in the football world! He (Lloris) is one of the five best goalkeepers in the world. He is faster than Friedel, he jumps higher and he is very strong mentally."

"What is happening now is incomprehensible, but I'm not at all concerned. He will become the centerpiece of the club. Hugo is a calm guy, a good worker. Tottenham will not let him stay on the bench for a long time."

That annoyed Brad Friedel more than it probably should have done and the American goalkeeper took to Twitter and said 'Just saw Barthez comments. I normally don't comment on such crap but when disrespected by someone I don't respect I must. Barthez was ignorant, disrespectful and out of order to mention my name.'

It was a huge overreaction from Friedel but then the whole Lloris saga has been full of those. Any time the player speaks he insists he's calm and patient with the situation but the stories in France are so frequent and definite that him saying one thing publicly and another privately must be a distinct possibility.

Former France international Jean-Michel Larqué is now a media personality and Football Anglais have taken quotes from an RMC interview he did last night in which Villas Boas was the target "I feel that Villas-Boas has problems with communication. Deschamps has the right to speak on this subject. Villas-Boas and Deschamps were not quite on the same level. Who is Villas-Boas?"

It's all getting a bit silly and if the stories aren't being encouraged by Hugo Lloris and his camp then he needs to use the international break to set the French press straight on what the situation is, and publicly ask them to stop printing such stories. On the other hand, given that the respectable L'Equipe are now pushing his unhappiness, it could be that the French goalkeeper is considering leaving and if that's the case Tottenham may have to take the situation seriously.

Would they really want a character who fills his home press with stories of his plight and is happy for a circus to built around his club in his name? There are other goalkeeping options out there and if (and of course it's a big IF) Lloris is behind much of this then a quick parting of the ways could be a solution.

The obvious option for Lloris would be PSG who currently have Italian Salvatore Sirigu as their number one.

i was pro-Harry.

now i'm pro-AVB as i don't see the point in wishing ill on my club.

that said, the time is now for AVB to stop f-ing about with the keepers and play Lloris, good or bad, from now on in. he's the future.

Back