• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Notice he doesn't even mention the piece of brick pass Lloris did to Naughton at the very beginning but is first to point out Friedel's poor distribution....not even one word of it:ross:

You're rewriting what happened to suit your argument. You're making it seem like there was absolutley nothing the goalie could have done other then what he did which is utter rubbish. The striker was not as close as you're trying to make out and he had time to clear it either to the stands or upfield.

No, im giving my OPINION on what i made of it. I could quite easily say youre rewriting what happened to suit your argument, because in my opinion he didnt have time or space to boot it away.

Clearly you cant read because i did.

Ah you're right you did..."Lloris played the ball to Naughton." Not that he played a poor ball to naughton, or that he played a pass to Naughton that put him under pressure...nah...just that naughton's pass back put Lloris under pressure. You neglect to mention how bad a pass it was just simply that he played a pass but could have done something else.

the reality of it is that..

Lloris played a brick ball to naughton, Naughton played a brick ball back, Lloris could have cleared it but tried to go past the striker which failed miserably and we conceded. Both at fault to any neutral but to you Naughton is 100% at fault and Lloris isn't at fault at all. If you don't find this reasoning rather weird then so be it.

Ah you're right you did..."Lloris played the ball to Naughton." Not that he played a poor ball to naughton, or that he played a pass to Naughton that put him under pressure...nah...just that naughton's pass back put Lloris under pressure. You neglect to mention how bad a pass it was just simply that he played a pass but could have done something else.

the reality of it is that..

Lloris played a brick ball to naughton, Naughton played a brick ball back, Lloris could have cleared it but tried to go past the striker which failed miserably and we conceded. Both at fault to any neutral but to you Naughton is 100% at fault and Lloris isn't at fault at all. If you don't find this reasoning rather weird then so be it.

It was a bad pass yes, and he had other easier passes that he could have made. However We were under no immediate danger when Naughton had the ball, his pass back to Lloris put us under immediate danger of conceding (IMO). You say lloris had enough time and space to hoof it away, which is fair enough because thats your opinion and i accept that. However you know what my opinion on the goal is, and you have to accept that, rather than attacking me for it.

As i said, its a game of opinions, if you dont like my opinion, dont accuse me of being a liar when you dont know, just keep it to yourself.

Friedel should have done better for the first goal (by coming out and closing down the angle, and force aguero to rush his finish) and he should have prevented the second, it was straight at him, completely flapped at it.

Lloris now, AVB.

if he comes out he doesn't actually close the angle - he opens up gaps at the near post and close to his feet.

as a GK, with so many defenders there he has the right to expect the denfenders to effect the player and angles. what actually happened was Aguero showed excellent close control and found the only place he could have scored.

credit where it is due.

the second is where i think your understanding of goalkeeping is highlighted as being flawed.
there is no way he could react the ball being smashed on the volley from 8 yards.
some keepers would have saved it - but it would be luck. from that distance, you throw your arms up into the area the ball headed, if you hits your arm/hand full on you save it. (luck - oft called "instinct", but luck plays a large part. its certainly not a precision movement))

if you want to be (overly) critical - Brad COULD have stopped the goal by rush out as the ball went over and getting so close to the ball that Dzeko's shot would have just hit him.

Schmiecal would have. To be fair Gomes probably would have.
But very few keepers would have, so it would be an unrealistic critisicm

i didn't mean to accuse you of being a liar in general tbh but for sure i think you're lying when you try and portray that you're fair and neutral when discussing the goalkeeper situation. I don't think that one bit but i will keep it to myself in future.

btw look at some of your posts regarding Friedel on this thread and just generally and see why you're getting this reaction. You make these beyond ludicrous statements after every match thread regarding a goalie that was excellent for us last season and has been good this season. You can't wait for a mistake it seems so you can blame freidel or AVB for choosing him. it's becoming poisonous imo but i do apologise if you honestly think i'm attacking you.

i didn't mean to accuse you of being a liar in general tbh but for sure i think you're lying when you try and portray that you're fair and neutral when discussing the goalkeeper situation. I don't think that one bit but i will keep it to myself in future.

btw look at some of your posts regarding Friedel on this thread and just generally and see why you're getting this reaction. You make these beyond ludicrous statements after every match thread regarding a goalie that was excellent for us last season and has been good this season. You can't wait for a mistake it seems so you can blame freidel or AVB for choosing him. it's becoming poisonous imo but i do apologise if you honestly think i'm attacking you.

If I put up enough , will everyone else pay for the other half of the hotel room you two need ?

Fair enough, just so you know, i do rate friedel. He was immense for us last year, and is an extremely reliable keeper.

However i do think that AVB is handling the GK situation pretty badly.

If (IMO) you look at the bigger picture, this is probably friedel's final season, its the last year of his contract anyway, and Lloris is 25, and has been described as 'world class'. I do think he deserves a run to prove himself, and he also needs a run in the team for the sake of his confidence, otherwise we run the risk of losing him in the summer, and having going back to square 1 of looking for a new No.1.

It's probably harsh on friedel, but we have conceded some goals this year where friedel has been found stuck to his line, whereas Lloris is notoriously good at judging a situation and getting off his line quickly.

Its nothing personal on Friedel, i just believe Lloris deserves a shot. It was never my intention to self-promote Lloris, whilst damning Friedel. Because they're both great keepers!

Fair enough, just so you know, i do rate friedel. He was immense for us last year, and is an extremely reliable keeper.

However i do think that AVB is handling the GK situation pretty badly.

If (IMO) you look at the bigger picture, this is probably friedel's final season, its the last year of his contract anyway, and Lloris is 25, and has been described as 'world class'. I do think he deserves a run to prove himself, and he also needs a run in the team for the sake of his confidence, otherwise we run the risk of losing him in the summer, and having going back to square 1 of looking for a new No.1.

It's probably harsh on friedel, but we have conceded some goals this year where friedel has been found stuck to his line, whereas Lloris is notoriously good at judging a situation and getting off his line quickly.

Its nothing personal on Friedel, i just believe Lloris deserves a shot. It was never my intention to self-promote Lloris, whilst damning Friedel. Because they're both great keepers!

Fir enough and a good post.

I dont think Friedel did anything a sbad as Hart today -

Thats kind of the problem. Friedel does not make any major mistakes, But his agility and speed of movement are a bit on the slow side. I really feel he could have done better with Dzekos goal and also feel he should have got across more to Aguero's goal. Im sure many will not agree with me, but he just looks a little stiff at times.

He does well at commanding his box, communicating with the defenders and general shot stopping. But it feels like he wont ever win us any points. He is just Steady. Its obvious Lloris is our future, so lets just get him in there and let him get the experience on the EPL. HE will show his worth by the end of the season.

Thats kind of the problem. Friedel does not make any major mistakes, But his agility and speed of movement are a bit on the slow side. I really feel he could have done better with Dzekos goal and also feel he should have got across more to Aguero's goal. Im sure many will not agree with me, but he just looks a little stiff at times.

He does well at commanding his box, communicating with the defenders and general shot stopping. But it feels like he wont ever win us any points. He is just Steady. Its obvious Lloris is our future, so lets just get him in there and let him get the experience on the EPL. HE will show his worth by the end of the season.

I do think the time is to shift to Lloris and actually give him a run a proper run. Lloris reminds me a bit of De Gea - I havent seen much of Lloris so I cant have an informed opinion on him but from first viewings this season he is a more 'active' keeper - comes out for crosses, punches, tries to distribute to man rather than lumping it and he comes out of his six yard box and acts as a sweeper doesnt he.

I dont think Friedel is bad - put it this way how many people were suggesting we shift Friedel out or get in a new gK over the summer? not many so we were all content in keeping Friedel for this season. Now that we got him we may as well play Lloris.

AVB as far as im concerned needs to reverse the roles and have Brad for Europa etc and have Lloris for Premier league and FA Cup

Absolutely this - 8/10 times he would do 'ok' much like he's done for the majority of his career. You'd expect the default standard and he delivers more often than not.

However - when it comes to world class saves (not rebounds off shots straight at you) and pulling off a match-winning perfromance / winning the points for your team (Gomes, circla March-May 2010) - that is where the next level of quality in terms of goalkeeper comes in. And we have that on our very own bench. No one here is suggesting Brad is brick - simply that we have a better option and one who'd hopefully be our keeper for the next decade whereas the other is soon going to be 42. Who would you want establishing himself as the regular out of the two? Do me a favour.

Back