• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Friedel was at fault against Southampton and again against Wigan.

Now all keepers make mistakes but what is more annoying is that he just looks so slow. I was behind the goal in the first half on Saturday and he just wasnt mobile enough.

Lets not talk about his passes that put us under pressure all game..

Friedel was at fault against Southampton and again against Wigan.

Now all keepers make mistakes but what is more annoying is that he just looks so slow. I was behind the goal in the first half on Saturday and he just wasnt mobile enough.

Lets not talk about his passes that put us under pressure all game..

Wouldn't happen to be the same exact long passes Vertonghen did that didn't get one mention in the match thread would it?

Wouldn't happen to be the same exact long passes Vertonghen did that didn't get one mention in the match thread would it?

Im not even talking about Friedel long passes which go to the opposition, I am talking about the short ones just behind the full back that puts the defender under pressure because the pass is brick. That happened so many times on Saturday.

He is clearly a part of our problems this season.

Im not even talking about Friedel long passes which go to the opposition, I am talking about the short ones just behind the full back that puts the defender under pressure because the pass is brick. That happened so many times on Saturday.

He is clearly a part of our problems this season.

No actually he clearly isn't but you'll never see anything else with Lloris here.

No actually he clearly isn't but you'll never see anything else with Lloris here.

So the last two goals we have conceded come from him not catching the ball and yet he is not a problem?!

He loses about 25 balls every game and puts the defense under pressure and he isnt a problem?

Well i think that if we want to improve we should start by changing the keeper. And move on from there.

So the last two goals we have conceded come from him not catching the ball and yet he is not a problem?!

He loses about 25 balls every game and puts the defense under pressure and he isnt a problem?

Well i think that if we want to improve we should start by changing the keeper. And move on from there.

You're wasting your time, mate

- Manone has conceded 0.875 goals/game this season and has kept 3 clean sheets out of 8 games (average PL rating - 6.65)

- Cech has conceded 1 goal/game and has kept 4 clean sheets out of 10 games (average PL rating 6.74)

- Hart has conceded 0.9 goals/game and has kept 2 clean sheets out of 10 games (average PL rating 6.57)

- Brad Friedel has conceded 1.56 goals/game and hasn't kept a single clean sheet (average PL rating 6.41)

- Manone has conceded 0.875 goals/game this season and has kept 3 clean sheets out of 8 games (average PL rating - 6.65)

- Cech has conceded 1 goal/game and has kept 4 clean sheets out of 10 games (average PL rating 6.74)

- Hart has conceded 0.9 goals/game and has kept 2 clean sheets out of 10 games (average PL rating 6.57)

- Brad Friedel has conceded 1.56 goals/game and hasn't kept a single clean sheet (average PL rating 6.41)

You silly man...it's Clint Dempsey's fault!!!!!!!!

That doesn't make much sense assuming AVB's ethos so far (on this particular situation) has been 'fight for your place and earn it'

I sincerely doubt he picks players regardless of their repsective performances and if this wasn't enough to earn Hugo a start, not sure what to say really.

The reason that I said that I doubted Lloris' performance in the League Cup would have any bearing on who he selected in the Premier League last Saturday is because I think that he is.looking at this in the longer term rather than just a game by game basis. The other possibility (and one that I really hope isn't true) is that AVB didn't want Lloris but the club bought him because he was cheap.

I think that based on their performances so far this season; Brad hasn't had a game so bad that he needed to be dropped and Lloris hasn't had a game so good that he became undroppable. That said, I understand and agree with the argument that Lloris is the long term future and I would expect him to be first choice at some time this season.

The French press, led by worriers-in-chief Le10 Sport, are again panicking over the future of Hugo Lloris. He still hasn't established himself as the number one choice at Tottenham Hotspur and now sports outlets who were incredulous at the thought of Lloris being a bench-warmer are now assessing just how panicked they should be.

Le10 ponder that Lloris will never get in front of Brad Friedel because the American is a favourite amongst the fans. His recent performances have been of a standard which wouldn't allow the club to drop him without question and Friedel's comments about wanting to retain his place have left supporters choosing over who they want between the sticks. This is another problem according to the French outlet.

They reckon Andre Villas Boas isn't a big fan of Lloris, which follows on from reports it wasn't the Portuguese manager who decided to buy him, and they say that Villas Boas is scared that if he replaces Friedel he'll face harsh criticism from fans, and this is something the coach is 'afraid' of. Le10 even go as far as to suggest that Andre Villas Boas getting the boot from Tottenham could be the best chance the Frenchman has of getting the number one slot.

It's just a continuation of what reporting in France has been like regarding Lloris and Tottenham Hotspur. On one hand the club and Villas Boas can brush the criticism and rumours off but if they keep chipping away at the club and paint it as something of a basket case then Tottenham's reputation could be damaged in France, which wouldn't help when looking to recruit players from the country.

Even after Lloris has come out and said there are no issues.

Madness...

That was 3-4 weeks ago, mate - personally I think there is no way he can be happy, bearing in mind Brad's recent (indifferent) form and the fact he played really well against Norwich

I think that based on their performances so far this season; Brad hasn't had a game so bad that he needed to be dropped and Lloris hasn't had a game so good that he became undroppable. That said, I understand and agree with the argument that Lloris is the long term future and I would expect him to be first choice at some time this season.
That's what most of think will happen I reckon, it's just for some it needs to be more immediate than that for some reason, to the point where stuff gets made up about Friedel's form and ability not being up to much.

That was 3-4 weeks ago, mate - personally I think there is no way he can be happy, bearing in mind Brad's recent (indifferent) form and the fact he played really well against Norwich

I don't get that at all. He knows he's going to long term be the number one. If he's not happy then he's a bit petulant and that's not a good thing for any of our players to be.

i actually want lloris to start now, just so i can fudging nit pick every little itty bitty bricky thing he does like these Lloris loyalists do

he kicks ONE fudging ball long he's a brick passing GK

I think AVB is waiting for a good excuse to change keepers, and the few relatively indifferent performances by Brad of late might be all he needs to change to Lloris.

Incidentally I think the same thing is true of Defoe and Ade. Ade will be the starting striker soon enough and Defoes little strop at being subbed is enough reason to consider excluding him, even if his poor performance wasn't enough.

Back