• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I don't believe a player of his class and experience would bitch and moan, doubt that's his character - most likely went and 'queried' why is he benched to a player who's performing to an inferior level, while he's busy keeping consectuive clean sheets and putting in solid displays.

Imo he wasn't showing superior displays at the time. He only started showing them after a run of games.

If it is true that he even 'queried it' it sets a bad precedent.

Imo he wasn't showing superior displays at the time. He only started showing them after a run of games.

If it is true that he even 'queried it' it sets a bad precedent.

I think those early displays hinted at many of his superior qualities - enough to give him a run of consistent games and confidence - not bits and pieces here and there expecting 10/10 performances while under pressure, knowing he'll be dropped irrespective.

Every player should be allowed to approach and openly discuss matters with his manager and AVB has always suggested as much, imv.

That quote talks about his game - nothing about the Brad fiasco.

To me - the earlier one is a strong statement - 'it could not go on' can only be interpreted in so many ways, would you not agree? Do you think when we were signing him Levy/AVB informed him he'll be a squad player or a sub to a 42 year old? Come one, mate

"It could not go on" could be interpreted in a great variety of ways.

Unless we know:

a) the question that was asked
b) Hugo's tone and body language at that moment
c) the precise quote in French (as opposed to a possibly dodgy translation)

....we are in no position to to make any kind of definitive interpretation.

And, sure, it's unlikely that either Levy or AVB told him that he would be just a squad player and substitute. But it is very possible that he was told that, having missed the entire pre season with Spurs and never having played in England before, he would be eased into the first team gradually.

Jimmy, I definitely think we should have also looked at his pupils' dialation, blood pressure and average body perspiration at the time. Don't pull half-a-job, mate :)

Only then could we objectively obtain what's his brain function at the time read

'Definite' interpretation or not - the quote has a lot of weight irrespective of body language, heart-rate, etc. And I'm not sure why so many are taking some kind of offence to that. Lloris came in as no.1 and at some point must have queried what the fudge is going on with the constant shuffling, etc. I know I would have bearing in mind his team status upon signing for us as well as peformances level compared to his rival at the time.

Jimmy, I definitely think we should have also looked at his pupils' dialation, blood pressure and average body perspiration at the time. Don't pull half-a-job, mate :)

Only then could we objectively obtain what's his brain function at the time read

'Definite' interpretation or not - the quote has a lot of weight irrespective of body language, heart-rate, etc. And I'm not sure why so many are taking some kind of offence to that. Lloris came in as no.1 and at some point must have queried what the fudge is going on with the constant shuffling, etc. I know I would have bearing in mind his team status upon signing for us as well as peformances level compared to his rival at the time.

Point is, mate, that as others have said, there are plenty of other quotes from Hugo which suggest that, while he wasn't happy being on the bench (and which player should be?), he fully understood why and was cool with AVB. Yet certain people (cough....JPG...cough) only want to acknowledge this one quote and attach far too much importance to it - as if they know exactly what Hugo meant by it. They don't.

It was all handled very well, IMO. Hugo is happy. And Brad was happy enough to sign a one year extension. Job done.

You know what the funny thing about this is.

A certain poster criticises Adebayor for publicly going against the club and informs us that he's "signed his transfer request" and "he's made his bed" but look at the same damn posters response when his idol Hugo Lloris makes the comment about "it could not go on". The guy is so infatuated with this player he doesn't even see how fudging pathetic and hypocritical he sounds.

For Ade going against the club he's a goner but Lloris making negative comments is totally fine...hell he's actually on the players side and insinuates that AVB and Levy lied to him about his position at the club:ross::ross:

Point is, mate, that as others have said, there are plenty of other quotes from Hugo which suggest that, while he wasn't happy being on the bench (and which player should be?), he fully understood why and was cool with AVB. Yet certain people (cough....JPG...cough) only want to acknowledge this one quote and attach far too much importance to it - as if they know exactly what Hugo meant by it. They don't.

It was all handled very well, IMO. Hugo is happy. And Brad was happy enough to sign a one year extension. Job done.

Fair enough, I haven't followed JPG's argument closely although he seems to believe Lloris should have stayed on after Villa (agreed on that part 150%) - have hardly visited the forum last few weeks

However - in my opinion Lloris was in every right to query his position/situation in the team in an intelligent/civilised manner and request a discussion with management, following the first few months and seek some transparency - something AVB has always seemed to advocate within the club. I don't see that as unprofessional or outrageous

However - in my opinion Lloris was in every right to query his position/situation in the team in an intelligent/civilised manner and request a discussion with management, following the first few months and seek some transparency - something AVB has always seemed to advocate within the club. I don't see that as unprofessional or outrageous

Me neither. Nothing wrong with it at all. And I'm sure that AVB was happy to have the discussion and the chance to explain his thinking on the matter.

It's all worked out well.

According to GG's December ratings he's not even Spurs best player of the month.

Bale gets like a 7.43 and Lloris gets 7.26 joint with Sandro.

Loris has had a decent month, but to say he's the player of the month out of the whole league would be an absolute joke.

According to GG's December ratings he's not even Spurs best player of the month.

Bale gets like a 7.43 and Lloris gets 7.26 joint with Sandro.

Loris has had a decent month, but to say he's the player of the month out of the whole league would be an absolute joke.

An absolute joke? Its not like he was shipping goals left right and centre. We had one of the meanest defences in the league in the past month: the only constant throughout was Lloris as the centre backs rotated.

Its not really his fault that he got nominated for an award is it? Seems that some people want lynch our players for getting recognition??

Those ratings are sometimes meaningless and a-contextual

And mostly because some of those ratings are given by posters who still (and probably will for a long time) hold substantial reservetations and bias towards him (in relation to Brad, AVB, Arry, etc.). It's just how this place works. You are possibly one of those, no offence, mate - could be subliminal.

Why are you so desperate to strip him of any achievements?

GG is a funny place

Also - he's been nominated - not won it

He's been superb for us this month, imv

Last edited:
Mostly because some of those ratings are given by posters who still (and probably will for a long time) hold substantial reservetations and bias towards him (in relation to Brad, AVB, Arry, etc.). It's just how this place works.

GG is a funny place

Also - he's been nominated - not won it

No one is/was biased against Lloris. They just saw no reason at the time to drop Friedel as he was playing 7 out of 10s most games and people wanted Lloris to earn it rather than just being given the job. Doesn't send out a good message when you drop a player who is in good form mid season. If Lloris had been signed at the start of the season, he probably would have been no.1 from day 1.

What's Redknapp got to do with this? AVB was the one who wasn't picking Lloris when we first signed him.

No one is/was biased against Lloris. They just saw no reason at the time to drop Friedel as he was playing 7 out of 10s most games and people wanted Lloris to earn it rather than just being given the job. Doesn't send out a good message when you drop a player who is in good form mid season. If Lloris had been signed at the start of the season, he probably would have been no.1 from day 1.

What's Redknapp got to do with this? AVB was the one who wasn't picking Lloris when we first signed him.

lol - are you sure? ;)

Back